I've always been curious about the Grados now that I like the Sennheiser HD25's so much. Can you give me more description about the similarities/differences of Grados225 vs HD25 I-II?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG High Performance Closed-Back DJ Headphones - K181DJtagged by System, 3/10/11
- categoryCablestagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/20/10
- categoryOn Eartagged by System, 11/10/10
- productSennheiser Adidas HD 25-1 II Orginals Headphones (Black/Blue)tagged by System, 3/17/11
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 6/30/10
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 8/18/11
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/27/11
Related Forum Threads
- HD25,600,650 cable difference? Last post on 11/15/12 at 9:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Debunking Amp Myths for the AVERAGE headphone listener... What headphones really need amps??? Last post on 4/22/13 at 2:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- On ear headphones for iPod. Last post on 9/10/12 at 8:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best portables for an HD 650 lover? Last post on 6/23/12 at 1:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- A Casual Audiophile's Recommendation Thread: Find me something new! Detailed requirements... Last post on 6/17/12 at 5:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 7/3/14
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesLast edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
You can pay more for a dac alone and not do as well as the 105. You can buy a blue ray player for more and not do as well. Ditto for cd, sacd, and/or DVD players. Its audio preamps are as good as...
The 2014 Brainwavz S5: A Single Dynamic Driver IEM Specifications Found here: www.yourbrainwavz.com/s5.html No measurements for the S5 were available at the time of this...
SO, lets get on to it. The MTPC's are a pair of IEM's that are in a very akward position. It is quite pricy and rejected by the "purist audiophiles" that dislike the brand of Monster, due to...
Got these headphones in blue limited edition and first of all, I must say that they look absolutely fantastic. Sexy in style and design. Not only that, the sound is amazing too! High, mid lows are...
As a precautionary remark: this is the first headphone review I have ever written - although I have read a lot of them; moreover these are the first pair of headphones I own in this price class,...
hd25-1 appreciation thread - Page 143
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2132 of 24286/29/13 at 9:03amQuote:Originally Posted by Mad Max
Reposition the springs that make the connection between the voice coil wires and cable pins.
After carefully removing the baffle with a very small flat-head screwdriver or Xacto knife, move the voice coil leads to the sides a bit and pull that white piece out to gain access to the springs or just press down on the springs' long end sticking out beyond that plastic in the photo to reseat them.
Thank you MAD MAX!! THANK YOU!!
I finally got the courage (and time) to fix this problem. It feels so good to do something myself... wow, I can now understand why so many people are into DIY stuff. Doing this ONE little fix has made me feel so euphoric!! lol
I just made a video showing how I reset the springs using tweezer.... http://youtu.be/WRXYgfIkX18
Edited by LAmitchell - 6/29/13 at 10:54ampost #2133 of 24287/6/13 at 5:12pm
After being led to this post by Google, I'm curious about how the sound will change by adding some of my Akasa Paxmate Plus open-cell acoustic foam in the cups. It will passify the sound and impact for sure, and who knows what else.Quote:
Both have aggressive sound attack, SR225 more than HD25. Both offer up-front sountstage, SR225 more than HD25 at that as well. Everything else is quite different, you should spend time with one if you can. I'm sure you're read about Grados around here and noticed the polarized reactions to them.post #2134 of 24287/15/13 at 3:53pm
I received a little package today, and it was my cable order from Brian @ BTG Audio...
Brain refers to it as his "midnight series SPC" Its a 4 strand SPC cable (I wanted 8 strand but it wouldn't fit in the headband channel) with a mini-4 pin XLR end. I then had 4 end pieces made for different sources/amps. The end in the picture is the RSA end for my CLAS db/Rx Mk3 combo.
I was trying to tell myself not to expect too much, but wow! The HD25s always had fun bass, but the mids tend to suffer for it. Not anymore. Instrument definition and separation have increased dramatically. The first song I listened to was Stevie Wonder's "Superstition", and I always had a hard time picking up the electric guitar playing rhythm support. Stevie's electric piano/organ from the 70's always seemed to overwhelm the guitar. I heard them both perfectly, with precision.
Just an awesome change...post #2135 of 24287/17/13 at 4:26ampost #2136 of 24287/17/13 at 9:39ampost #2137 of 24287/17/13 at 4:12pmpost #2138 of 24287/22/13 at 8:19pm
saw this ad on Qobuz and it reminded me how GOOD the HD25's (and Amperior) look... I love the style... no nonsense, cool, iconic. It makes beats type headphones look like silly little toys. (no offense meant at beats. its just what i think of when i see people wearing them).post #2139 of 24287/23/13 at 8:02ampost #2140 of 24287/23/13 at 9:21amQuote:
I use one of these Zomo Scratch-Bags...post #2141 of 24287/24/13 at 7:02amJust joined the H25 club a week ago...these are possibly my favorite closed cans to date. Love my DT770 LEs but the HD25 have new toy syndrome for me at the moment. They remind me a bit of the TF10 which is good, although they are noticeably more neutral...and thankfully more durable. I have no qualms chucking these bad boys into my bike bag, just wrap the cable and go; I did the same with my PX100 for a while but I bought a case for them recently because I don't see them enduring such treatment in the long run. The HD25, on the other hand, make me feel no fear.post #2142 of 24287/30/13 at 5:01ampost #2143 of 24287/30/13 at 9:40ampost #2144 of 24287/30/13 at 10:53am
It couldn't hurt to reach out to the owner of Razordog Audio. He's a member here (but I can't think of his user name), and he tends to be generous to Head-Fiers. That's where I got mine from, several years ago...Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- hd25-1 appreciation thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › iBasso DX90 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here 58 seconds ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 1 minute ago
- › DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way... 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 4 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio Pan Am Stack 4 minutes ago
- › Headphones fast and slow 5 minutes ago
- › Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere: 7 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Gallery!! 7 minutes ago
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by NA Blur
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 350p Portable Headphones Brand New Black Free... by twister6
- › Sony MDR-CD 780 by mark235
- › EarSonics EM32 by Rollk2
- › JVC HA-FX101 by bonami2
- › Pioneer MASTER-1s by kuantings
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)