I've always been curious about the Grados now that I like the Sennheiser HD25's so much. Can you give me more description about the similarities/differences of Grados225 vs HD25 I-II?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG High Performance Closed-Back DJ Headphones - K181DJtagged by System, 3/10/11
- categoryCablestagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/20/10
- categoryOn Eartagged by System, 11/10/10
- productSennheiser Adidas HD 25-1 II Orginals Headphones (Black/Blue)tagged by System, 3/17/11
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 6/30/10
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 8/18/11
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/27/11
Related Forum Threads
- HD25,600,650 cable difference? Last post on 11/15/12 at 9:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Debunking Amp Myths for the AVERAGE headphone listener... What headphones really need amps??? Last post on 4/22/13 at 2:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- On ear headphones for iPod. Last post on 9/10/12 at 8:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best portables for an HD 650 lover? Last post on 6/23/12 at 1:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- A Casual Audiophile's Recommendation Thread: Find me something new! Detailed requirements... Last post on 6/17/12 at 5:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
First impressions When I first tried these headphones out of the box, I was a little disappointed at how the higher frequencies seemed to be more forward than the mids and bass. It wouldn't...
I was on the hunt for a well-made copper cable to complement my stock and third party cables for my Fitear IEMs when I came across Forza Audioworks. Good quality wire, ergonomics and aesthetics...
Edit1: Supposedly you have to burn this in for a while and you have to leave it on constantly to warm up or whatever according to the manual, but I wrote the review below after only about an hour...
The best phones I've tried so far. I tried some well-burnt-in beyerdynamic and others in similar price range in a store, and I have owned the 601 before. I also own closed cans, e.g. the K271, and...
First of all, a big THANK YOU to @svyr and @H20Fidelity for organising this Australian tour. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included in this...
hd25-1 appreciation thread - Page 143
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2132 of 23386/29/13 at 9:03amQuote:Originally Posted by Mad Max
Reposition the springs that make the connection between the voice coil wires and cable pins.
After carefully removing the baffle with a very small flat-head screwdriver or Xacto knife, move the voice coil leads to the sides a bit and pull that white piece out to gain access to the springs or just press down on the springs' long end sticking out beyond that plastic in the photo to reseat them.
Thank you MAD MAX!! THANK YOU!!
I finally got the courage (and time) to fix this problem. It feels so good to do something myself... wow, I can now understand why so many people are into DIY stuff. Doing this ONE little fix has made me feel so euphoric!! lol
I just made a video showing how I reset the springs using tweezer.... http://youtu.be/WRXYgfIkX18
Edited by LAmitchell - 6/29/13 at 10:54ampost #2133 of 23387/6/13 at 5:12pm
After being led to this post by Google, I'm curious about how the sound will change by adding some of my Akasa Paxmate Plus open-cell acoustic foam in the cups. It will passify the sound and impact for sure, and who knows what else.Quote:
Both have aggressive sound attack, SR225 more than HD25. Both offer up-front sountstage, SR225 more than HD25 at that as well. Everything else is quite different, you should spend time with one if you can. I'm sure you're read about Grados around here and noticed the polarized reactions to them.post #2134 of 23387/15/13 at 3:53pm
I received a little package today, and it was my cable order from Brian @ BTG Audio...
Brain refers to it as his "midnight series SPC" Its a 4 strand SPC cable (I wanted 8 strand but it wouldn't fit in the headband channel) with a mini-4 pin XLR end. I then had 4 end pieces made for different sources/amps. The end in the picture is the RSA end for my CLAS db/Rx Mk3 combo.
I was trying to tell myself not to expect too much, but wow! The HD25s always had fun bass, but the mids tend to suffer for it. Not anymore. Instrument definition and separation have increased dramatically. The first song I listened to was Stevie Wonder's "Superstition", and I always had a hard time picking up the electric guitar playing rhythm support. Stevie's electric piano/organ from the 70's always seemed to overwhelm the guitar. I heard them both perfectly, with precision.
Just an awesome change...post #2135 of 23387/17/13 at 4:26ampost #2136 of 23387/17/13 at 9:39ampost #2137 of 23387/17/13 at 4:12pmpost #2138 of 23387/22/13 at 8:19pm
saw this ad on Qobuz and it reminded me how GOOD the HD25's (and Amperior) look... I love the style... no nonsense, cool, iconic. It makes beats type headphones look like silly little toys. (no offense meant at beats. its just what i think of when i see people wearing them).post #2139 of 23387/23/13 at 8:02ampost #2140 of 23387/23/13 at 9:21amQuote:
I use one of these Zomo Scratch-Bags...post #2141 of 23387/24/13 at 7:02amJust joined the H25 club a week ago...these are possibly my favorite closed cans to date. Love my DT770 LEs but the HD25 have new toy syndrome for me at the moment. They remind me a bit of the TF10 which is good, although they are noticeably more neutral...and thankfully more durable. I have no qualms chucking these bad boys into my bike bag, just wrap the cable and go; I did the same with my PX100 for a while but I bought a case for them recently because I don't see them enduring such treatment in the long run. The HD25, on the other hand, make me feel no fear.post #2142 of 23387/30/13 at 5:01ampost #2143 of 23387/30/13 at 9:40ampost #2144 of 23387/30/13 at 10:53am
It couldn't hurt to reach out to the owner of Razordog Audio. He's a member here (but I can't think of his user name), and he tends to be generous to Head-Fiers. That's where I got mine from, several years ago...Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- hd25-1 appreciation thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 1 minute ago
- › Unique Melody Mentor debut in Tokyo e-earphone festival 1 minute ago
- › Forza AudioWorks - The Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › DT 990 Pro vs DT 880 Pro 3 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.8 5 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 5 minutes ago
- › Yamaha EPH-100 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Owner's Club / Appreciation /... 7 minutes ago
- › Matrix Quattro amp: unboxing and initial impressions 10 minutes ago
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Design. Phase 2: Desktop vs Portable listening... 13 minutes ago
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › Burson Audio - Conductor SL 9018 - Headphone Amp and DAC by ag8908
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by unshavenbastard
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by djvkool
- › Astrotec AX-30 by bowei006
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by Ultramus
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Skullcandy Fix In Ear Headphone With 3 Button Remote - White / Chrome by killeraxemannic
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob