I've always been curious about the Grados now that I like the Sennheiser HD25's so much. Can you give me more description about the similarities/differences of Grados225 vs HD25 I-II?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG High Performance Closed-Back DJ Headphones - K181DJtagged by System, 3/10/11
- categoryCablestagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/20/10
- categoryOn Eartagged by System, 11/10/10
- productSennheiser Adidas HD 25-1 II Orginals Headphones (Black/Blue)tagged by System, 3/17/11
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 6/30/10
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 8/18/11
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/27/11
Related Forum Threads
- HD25,600,650 cable difference? Last post on 11/15/12 at 9:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Debunking Amp Myths for the AVERAGE headphone listener... What headphones really need amps??? Last post on 4/22/13 at 2:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- On ear headphones for iPod. Last post on 9/10/12 at 8:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best portables for an HD 650 lover? Last post on 6/23/12 at 1:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- A Casual Audiophile's Recommendation Thread: Find me something new! Detailed requirements... Last post on 6/17/12 at 5:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
The Korean company really needs no introduction at this point. They have proven themselves as a capable IEM maker with a series of top of the line hybrid as well as some good sound yet budget...
These iems are better than some entry levels (Shure 215/ hifiman RE0/ RE 400/ Sennheiser CX300) with a wider soundstage due to the 13mm dynamic driver , however need serious burn in for at least 50...
First, I’d like to thank the folks at Narmoo for providing a sample of their R1M earphones for review. In recent years, the IEM market has sort of exploded, seeing a number of established...
I work with Trance music most ... Before The New released update 3.0 for the thing i wasn't really satisfied with its quality of sound in trance ...but the update Changed everything ,EVERYthing...
hd25-1 appreciation thread - Page 143
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2132 of 23826/29/13 at 9:03amQuote:Originally Posted by Mad Max
Reposition the springs that make the connection between the voice coil wires and cable pins.
After carefully removing the baffle with a very small flat-head screwdriver or Xacto knife, move the voice coil leads to the sides a bit and pull that white piece out to gain access to the springs or just press down on the springs' long end sticking out beyond that plastic in the photo to reseat them.
Thank you MAD MAX!! THANK YOU!!
I finally got the courage (and time) to fix this problem. It feels so good to do something myself... wow, I can now understand why so many people are into DIY stuff. Doing this ONE little fix has made me feel so euphoric!! lol
I just made a video showing how I reset the springs using tweezer.... http://youtu.be/WRXYgfIkX18
Edited by LAmitchell - 6/29/13 at 10:54ampost #2133 of 23827/6/13 at 5:12pm
After being led to this post by Google, I'm curious about how the sound will change by adding some of my Akasa Paxmate Plus open-cell acoustic foam in the cups. It will passify the sound and impact for sure, and who knows what else.Quote:
Both have aggressive sound attack, SR225 more than HD25. Both offer up-front sountstage, SR225 more than HD25 at that as well. Everything else is quite different, you should spend time with one if you can. I'm sure you're read about Grados around here and noticed the polarized reactions to them.post #2134 of 23827/15/13 at 3:53pm
I received a little package today, and it was my cable order from Brian @ BTG Audio...
Brain refers to it as his "midnight series SPC" Its a 4 strand SPC cable (I wanted 8 strand but it wouldn't fit in the headband channel) with a mini-4 pin XLR end. I then had 4 end pieces made for different sources/amps. The end in the picture is the RSA end for my CLAS db/Rx Mk3 combo.
I was trying to tell myself not to expect too much, but wow! The HD25s always had fun bass, but the mids tend to suffer for it. Not anymore. Instrument definition and separation have increased dramatically. The first song I listened to was Stevie Wonder's "Superstition", and I always had a hard time picking up the electric guitar playing rhythm support. Stevie's electric piano/organ from the 70's always seemed to overwhelm the guitar. I heard them both perfectly, with precision.
Just an awesome change...post #2135 of 23827/17/13 at 4:26ampost #2136 of 23827/17/13 at 9:39ampost #2137 of 23827/17/13 at 4:12pmpost #2138 of 23827/22/13 at 8:19pm
saw this ad on Qobuz and it reminded me how GOOD the HD25's (and Amperior) look... I love the style... no nonsense, cool, iconic. It makes beats type headphones look like silly little toys. (no offense meant at beats. its just what i think of when i see people wearing them).post #2139 of 23827/23/13 at 8:02ampost #2140 of 23827/23/13 at 9:21amQuote:
I use one of these Zomo Scratch-Bags...post #2141 of 23827/24/13 at 7:02amJust joined the H25 club a week ago...these are possibly my favorite closed cans to date. Love my DT770 LEs but the HD25 have new toy syndrome for me at the moment. They remind me a bit of the TF10 which is good, although they are noticeably more neutral...and thankfully more durable. I have no qualms chucking these bad boys into my bike bag, just wrap the cable and go; I did the same with my PX100 for a while but I bought a case for them recently because I don't see them enduring such treatment in the long run. The HD25, on the other hand, make me feel no fear.post #2142 of 23827/30/13 at 5:01ampost #2143 of 23827/30/13 at 9:40ampost #2144 of 23827/30/13 at 10:53am
It couldn't hurt to reach out to the owner of Razordog Audio. He's a member here (but I can't think of his user name), and he tends to be generous to Head-Fiers. That's where I got mine from, several years ago...Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- hd25-1 appreciation thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Hi End Cables
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? 3 minutes ago
- › [ T-PEOS ] Announce Releasing Altone200 and Start Preorder Limitedly 4 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › hissing sound on the gold contact between headphone and remote 4 minutes ago
- › headphones for the 55 and up crowd 5 minutes ago
- › portable amp for sennheiser hd6 mixes 6 minutes ago
- › Aussie & NZ Head-Fiers Corner 7 minutes ago
- › Help me with my decision on new headphones 8 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp by shak85
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by cel4145
- › TDK BA200 by Ch1Kn
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Xyrium
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)