I myself am really happy with the pleather pads. They get really soft after you use them for a while and I think I prefer them over the velour pads. Honestly, the velour were just too much of a hassle with my hair, however short it may be, being in them every time I removed them. The pleather have this nice cushion to them now. Kind of like how your couch has that soft spot that you always sit in .
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG High Performance Closed-Back DJ Headphones - K181DJtagged by System, 3/10/11
- categoryCablestagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/20/10
- categoryOn Eartagged by System, 11/10/10
- productSennheiser Adidas HD 25-1 II Orginals Headphones (Black/Blue)tagged by System, 3/17/11
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 6/30/10
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 8/18/11
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/27/11
Related Forum Threads
- HD25,600,650 cable difference? Last post on 11/15/12 at 9:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Debunking Amp Myths for the AVERAGE headphone listener... What headphones really need amps??? Last post on 4/22/13 at 2:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- On ear headphones for iPod. Last post on 9/10/12 at 8:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best portables for an HD 650 lover? Last post on 6/23/12 at 1:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- A Casual Audiophile's Recommendation Thread: Find me something new! Detailed requirements... Last post on 6/17/12 at 5:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 7/3/14
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesLast edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Background and listening experience: I bought these as a complementary headphone for my ZMF Vibros. I wanted something open and I've been curious about Audio Technica for a while. In the past, I've...
I don’t get asked very often about the Private 333 amongst the Fitear customs I own. Nor do you hear people raving about it as you might in respect of the C435, the MH 334 and the MH335DW....
Before I begin with my review of the Beyerdynamic XP1, all of the below are solely what I’ve managed to get out of the IEM, I suggest to try it out or read some other people’s review to get a...
See The Whole Review With Pictures Here: http://db-headphones.blogspot.com ... Oh and ignore the sliders for the audio quality, value etc. I can't edit the slider scoring on mobile. Disclaimer: I...
Disclaimer First of all, huge thanks to Audrey and the Brainwavz team for giving me the opportunity to write this review. Please note that I was not paid to write this review, nor am I...
hd25-1 appreciation thread - Page 122
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1817 of 24462/22/12 at 7:25pmpost #1818 of 24462/23/12 at 1:55amI'm looking for a high quality portable can for my OTG setup. I listen mostly to classical and jazz. Does anyone know if the iBasso P4 will drive the HD 25-13s? Source will be an iPod Classic via LOD.post #1819 of 24462/23/12 at 2:19amQuote:
I have both the HD25 and Beyer DT1350, for classical and jazz I prefer the DT1350.post #1820 of 24462/23/12 at 2:38ampost #1821 of 24462/23/12 at 2:40amQuote:
Then the HD25 is a good choice but the 600 ohm version will be a little to much for a direct connection to the iPod I think.post #1822 of 24462/23/12 at 8:04am
Which is why he asked about that portable amp and not the ipod. I think it was ljokerl or some other head-fier who remarked that the 600-ohm HD25-13 isn't that insensitive. I would be surprised if the P4 of all amps couldn't power it sufficiently.post #1823 of 24462/23/12 at 11:50pmpost #1824 of 24462/24/12 at 7:25ampost #1825 of 24462/24/12 at 9:47ampost #1826 of 24462/25/12 at 3:23pm
As much as I love the HD25's, since I got my M80's, they are the over ear cans I turn to. I have a love/hate relationship with the two and one of them has to go.. I spend way too much time comparing them but when I just want to listen and enjoy, it's the M-80's I go for. Don't get me wrong, nothing wrong with the HD25's, just going to sell them off to help fund a Lyr for my HD650's.post #1827 of 24463/11/12 at 4:28amQuote:Originally Posted by MickeyVee
As much as I love the HD25's, since I got my M80's, they are the over ear cans I turn to. I have a love/hate relationship with the two and one of them has to go.. I spend way too much time comparing them but when I just want to listen and enjoy, it's the M-80's I go for. Don't get me wrong, nothing wrong with the HD25's, just going to sell them off to help fund a Lyr for my HD650's.
You have me intrigued about the M80s. I have found real synergy with the Graham Slee voyager portable amp with a DIY cable/LOD to a 6g ipod. So much so that I don't think my desktops amps sound as good with the HD25s !!
One point on using an SP headband - totally get it, plus the option to rotate helps get the optimum position :-).
I did find though that the ratchets on the hd25-1 housing did get damaged over time so for me it was a one-way trip...
PS re: why not IEM? For me vs. IE8, SE530,TF10 and Denon 751s, I would always choose to listen to the HD25s for SQ unless on a very noisy airplane or parts of the London underground. Everywhere else, the HD25 isolation (pleather/split headband) does pretty good job. I think I'm not keen on BA driver signature and I like the IE8s but they don't satisfy as much (even though they do have some technical advantages incl. separation).
Edited by jamescodway - 3/11/12 at 4:36ampost #1828 of 24463/11/12 at 7:14am
Me too.. can't go back to the original headband as they do not stay.
Actually, the Etymotic HF-3 are my goto IEM's for public transit. I take the train into work everyday.
Quote:post #1829 of 24464/2/12 at 8:41amI have recently purchased a pair of HD25-1 IIs for use with an iPod Claasic 160GB and an iBasso P4. Whilst it initially sounded excellent, after about 60 or so hours of intensive burn-in, the sound has deteriorated, the bass becoming overpowering. Will this bass bloat go away again after further burn-in, or are the HD25s merely revealing their true nature (making tweaks elsewhere necessary)?post #1830 of 24464/2/12 at 11:33amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- hd25-1 appreciation thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 10 seconds ago
- › High-res music - your listening experience 1 minute ago
- › Bottlehead Amplifier Discussion / Comparison Thread: Crack, SEX &... 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Marantz PM6004 vs PM6005 2 minutes ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 2 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 3 minutes ago
- › Cary 300SEI and Woo Audio WA5 (or LE), any impressions? 3 minutes ago
- › Xperia z2 and amp or dac/amp for akg q701 3 minutes ago
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › FitEar Private 333 by Kiats
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by aquamacs
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by thatonenoob
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by thatonenoob
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)