I myself am really happy with the pleather pads. They get really soft after you use them for a while and I think I prefer them over the velour pads. Honestly, the velour were just too much of a hassle with my hair, however short it may be, being in them every time I removed them. The pleather have this nice cushion to them now. Kind of like how your couch has that soft spot that you always sit in .
Recent Images In This Thread
- itemAKG High Performance Closed Back DJ Headphones K181DJ
- categoryOn Ear
- itemSennheiser Adidas HD 25 1 II Orginals Headphones Black Blue
- itemSennheiser HD 25 1 II Professional Headphone
- itemSennheiser HD 600
- itemSennheiser HD 650 Headphones
- itemSpider Realvoice Vertical In The Ear Headphone
Related Forum Threads
- HD25,600,650 cable difference? Last post on 11/15/12 at 9:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Debunking Amp Myths for the AVERAGE headphone listener... What headphones really need amps??? Last post on 4/22/13 at 2:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- On ear headphones for iPod. Last post on 9/10/12 at 8:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best portables for an HD 650 lover? Last post on 6/23/12 at 1:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- A Casual Audiophile's Recommendation Thread: Find me something new! Detailed requirements... Last post on 6/17/12 at 5:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)
Edited on 5/13/13
- Comparing headphones: Sennheiser's HD 800, HD 600, HD 25-1 and...Edited on 5/27/12
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Edited on 12/28/12
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesEdited on 8/16/12
- Grado Modification OverviewEdited on 9/27/11
Related Head Gear
The JVC HA M750's were my first "real" pair of headphones. Previously, I had just used iPod headphones and cheap 10 dollar headphones from my local grocery store. As such, I was very impressed by...
Introduction The ASG-2 is Aurisonics' second (official) foray into the world of iems. The guys over at Aurisonics cater primarily to the music professional crowd, and their products are...
My opinions Sound The sound produced by the HD558 is rich, a bit light, and isn't bloated with bass which is a good thing. It has a crisp treble and punchy bass, very great...
Introduction In the past 2 years VentureCraft has been successfully creating amps and DAC/Amp packaged components with their GD-03, Go-DAP 4.0 for iPhone 4(s), and Go-DAP X for their...
A friend of mine needed a new headphone, which was cheap, closed and good sounding. I said to him, dream on friend it will be very tough to find a headphone with those criteria. But then after...
hd25-1 appreciation thread - Page 122
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1817 of 21132/22/12 at 7:25pmpost #1818 of 21132/23/12 at 1:55amI'm looking for a high quality portable can for my OTG setup. I listen mostly to classical and jazz. Does anyone know if the iBasso P4 will drive the HD 25-13s? Source will be an iPod Classic via LOD.post #1819 of 21132/23/12 at 2:19amQuote:
I have both the HD25 and Beyer DT1350, for classical and jazz I prefer the DT1350.post #1820 of 21132/23/12 at 2:38ampost #1821 of 21132/23/12 at 2:40amQuote:
Then the HD25 is a good choice but the 600 ohm version will be a little to much for a direct connection to the iPod I think.post #1822 of 21132/23/12 at 8:04am
Which is why he asked about that portable amp and not the ipod. I think it was ljokerl or some other head-fier who remarked that the 600-ohm HD25-13 isn't that insensitive. I would be surprised if the P4 of all amps couldn't power it sufficiently.post #1823 of 21132/23/12 at 11:50pmpost #1824 of 21132/24/12 at 7:25ampost #1825 of 21132/24/12 at 9:47ampost #1826 of 21132/25/12 at 3:23pm
As much as I love the HD25's, since I got my M80's, they are the over ear cans I turn to. I have a love/hate relationship with the two and one of them has to go.. I spend way too much time comparing them but when I just want to listen and enjoy, it's the M-80's I go for. Don't get me wrong, nothing wrong with the HD25's, just going to sell them off to help fund a Lyr for my HD650's.post #1827 of 21133/11/12 at 4:28amQuote:Originally Posted by MickeyVee
As much as I love the HD25's, since I got my M80's, they are the over ear cans I turn to. I have a love/hate relationship with the two and one of them has to go.. I spend way too much time comparing them but when I just want to listen and enjoy, it's the M-80's I go for. Don't get me wrong, nothing wrong with the HD25's, just going to sell them off to help fund a Lyr for my HD650's.
You have me intrigued about the M80s. I have found real synergy with the Graham Slee voyager portable amp with a DIY cable/LOD to a 6g ipod. So much so that I don't think my desktops amps sound as good with the HD25s !!
One point on using an SP headband - totally get it, plus the option to rotate helps get the optimum position :-).
I did find though that the ratchets on the hd25-1 housing did get damaged over time so for me it was a one-way trip...
PS re: why not IEM? For me vs. IE8, SE530,TF10 and Denon 751s, I would always choose to listen to the HD25s for SQ unless on a very noisy airplane or parts of the London underground. Everywhere else, the HD25 isolation (pleather/split headband) does pretty good job. I think I'm not keen on BA driver signature and I like the IE8s but they don't satisfy as much (even though they do have some technical advantages incl. separation).
Edited by jamescodway - 3/11/12 at 4:36ampost #1828 of 21133/11/12 at 7:14am
Me too.. can't go back to the original headband as they do not stay.
Actually, the Etymotic HF-3 are my goto IEM's for public transit. I take the train into work everyday.
Quote:post #1829 of 21134/2/12 at 8:41amI have recently purchased a pair of HD25-1 IIs for use with an iPod Claasic 160GB and an iBasso P4. Whilst it initially sounded excellent, after about 60 or so hours of intensive burn-in, the sound has deteriorated, the bass becoming overpowering. Will this bass bloat go away again after further burn-in, or are the HD25s merely revealing their true nature (making tweaks elsewhere necessary)?post #1830 of 21134/2/12 at 11:33amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- hd25-1 appreciation thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Comparing headphones: Sennheiser's HD 800, HD 600, HD 25-1 and...
- › Retail Grade In-Ear Canalphones 29 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 44 seconds ago
- › Heir Audio - The Appreciation Thread 51 seconds ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon Thread 1 minute ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl who is now 30! ~ Part 2 1 minute ago
- › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread 2 minutes ago
- › Audioengine D1 to TubeMagic D1 Plus, Worth the Sidegrade? 2 minutes ago
- › Output impedance, nominal impedance - and splitting resistance 4 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Jant71's take on the new ATH-CLR100 Pg... 5 minutes ago
- › JVC HA M750 by tinamou62
- › Aurisonics ASG-2 by eke2k6
- › Sennheiser HD-558 by Tr1ckster
- › Go-Dap DD Socket1 (DD/DA Converter) for iPhone & iPod... by AnakChan
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by Marleybob217
- › AKG K 550 by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by a_recording
- › Sony XBA-40/N Gold | Quad Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones... by a_recording
- › Sony XBA-4SL by a_recording
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by a_recording
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe