or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Avatars - Page 4

post #46 of 87
It's a picture of Death with kittens from the Discworld series, who happens to be one of my favorite characters (along with Sam Vimes, for those who has read the series). I am not all bones in person - I'm actually bit overweight at the moment. It's also related to an inside joke with two of my best friends.
post #47 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by granodemostasa
I have an avatar! it's off the santa monica pier.. december 27th i think.
yay!
post #48 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by solbergg
If the avatars of people were a true representation of who they are, I think this board is mostly populated by hot chicks and babies.
<------- Representative of myself? Certainly. I am an articulate, understated, and well-adjusted member of society.
post #49 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdaq
<------- Representative of myself? Certainly. I am an articulate, understated, and well-adjusted member of society.
Mel Gibson: Marge, Homer is a brutally honest man. Completely tactless and insensitive.

post #50 of 87
wolverine...my favourite xmen character from the 90s animated series, i could relate to him back then and still can today (except for adamantium claws/skeleton, and superhuman healing)
post #51 of 87
and thanks to all those who helped me get my avatar up. you guys are great!
post #52 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by xand1x
wolverine...my favourite xmen character from the 90s animated series, i could relate to him back then and still can today (except for adamantium claws/skeleton, and superhuman healing)
Wasn't it spawn before that?
post #53 of 87
I recently changed mine to this RAD movie poster. Before that I had a picture of Sacha Baron Cohen as "Borat" for the entire time I've been a member here. I PM'ed Ray Samuels a couple days ago to ask him a question and I think he didn't remember who I was because he associated me with my old avatar for so long.
post #54 of 87
That's not too surprising considering that I also remember avatars better than I do usernames. And your previous avatar, Borat, was definitely distinct and memorable.
post #55 of 87
Mine is my own stylization of a handle I use everywhere for myself. Sleipnir the 8-legged horse of nordic mythology. The fastest and most agile creature in the entire norse world.
post #56 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by headchange4u
I remember that avatar. I always liked it. Do you know wher you got it?
I first saw the painting in a catalog that came to the house. I can't remember where I found it on the net. I can't even remember the name of the painting.
post #57 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by socrates63
That's not too surprising considering that I also remember avatars better than I do usernames. And your previous avatar, Borat, was definitely distinct and memorable.

I too recognize most people by there avies.
I didnt even realize that was Borat until I read your post socrates.

my avatar is a picture of me sporting my headphones.
post #58 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by RnB180
my avatar is a picture of me sporting my headphones.
Yeah, right...
post #59 of 87
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by granodemostasa
I have an avatar! it's off the santa monica pier.. december 27th i think.
congratz!!
post #60 of 87
Thread Starter 
Wow, what a lot of great responses. There are some awesome avatars in there, but I think I would have to award Jahn as having my favorite of the bunch. I realized that I should have put down the reason why I selected my avatar. I spent a long time trying to figure out a good headphone-related picture, but then I realized that since I'm on a headphone site, everyone already knows that I am into them. So, I decided to throw in another element of my life - boating! I am actually a trained yacht designer, as well as an avid day sailor. Thanks for all of the responses, and keep them coming if you haven't replied yet!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home