Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Post a picture of your Headphone Rig.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Post a picture of your Headphone Rig. - Page 2

post #16 of 1553
Mac, not too sure what you mean by that. Imagestation is the only method I have for uploading pics. And I think as direct as I can get is to post the album cover link. They don't let you directly link to pics. Did they recently change their viewing policy to require accounts?
post #17 of 1553
Quote:
Originally posted by aeberbach

IE for Mac loses again - in the windows IE I can get properties when I right-click on the image. In the Mac one I don't. The state of Mac browsers is really pathetic. Omni, Mozilla and IE all have something really wrong with them.
hehe and i heard that having more than one mouse button was a dumb idea.

mozilla works rather well for windows, but can't seem to display all webpages. the ****ty webpages (heavy java/flash/********) tend to have problems loading and working correctly, but other than that it's pretty good.

not to thread crap, the photos look great! keep them coming!
post #18 of 1553
Forget ImageStation! I mean, all Vert had in there was this:



Yes, I agree, he does keep a good secret.

NGF
post #19 of 1553
Quote:
Originally posted by aeberbach
IE for Mac loses again - in the windows IE I can get properties when I right-click on the image. In the Mac one I don't. The state of Mac browsers is really pathetic. Omni, Mozilla and IE all have something really wrong with them.
Funny... all my Windows-only coworkers wish that IE for Windows was as good as IE for Mac It has some features the Windows version doesn't, and a better interface. But anyways, the "properties" thing isn't an IE thing, it's a Windows thing. Since IE on Windows is tied so closely to the OS, it can use the "properties" option on web objects. In the Mac version of IE, you can see the URL of a picture by right-clicking on the picture and then "Open image in new window" -- the URL will show in the address bar. It's really no more or less work -- in both cases you get a window with the URL, you copy the URL, then you close the window.



Quote:
Originally posted by Vertigo-1
Did they recently change their viewing policy to require accounts?
Yep; here's what it says now:

Before you view images from Rig Pics Over Time,
you'll need to sign-in. If you're not already a member,
now's the time to join.


So we can't view them without signing up for an account

Vert, if you want, I can host them for you; let me know

[EDIT: never mind, someone else already covered you So THAT'S what you've been hiding...]



Quote:
Originally posted by grinch
hehe and i heard that having more than one mouse button was a dumb idea.
LOL, once again Grinch is years behind the times. The Mac OS natively supports multi-button mice and scroll wheels. Plug them in and they work. On the other hand, studies have shown that most new computer users are more comfortable with a single button, so desktop Macs ship with a single button mice. So you get the basics for new users, and more advanced users can use whatever they want. What a novel concept


Quote:
mozilla works rather well for windows, but can't seem to display all webpages. the ****ty webpages (heavy java/flash/********) tend to have problems loading and working correctly, but other than that it's pretty good.
Mozilla for Mac is so up and down. One version will be horrible, the next will be great. But I think the Mac and Windows versions are identical nowadays. OmniWeb, Opera, and iCab all have their strengths, but so far IE is the best complete package IMO.


Quote:
not to thread crap, the photos look great! keep them coming!
Yes, they do! Now stop your incessant Mac-bashing thread-craps every chance you get!
post #20 of 1553
Ha! Try loading a big article on Slashdot with Mac IE and see if you like waiting 53 seconds for the page to render! There's a big market opportunity for someone in Mac browsers. Love the platform, I'm even reading developer docs in case a miracle happens and I have some time to program on it.

BLACK Arcam CD23 - looks very classy! I always wonder if I should have stuck with black but I bought silver. Luckily I got the silver SHA-1 from Flumpus.
post #21 of 1553
Head-fellows.

This is my mass....



Nakamichi DVD S10 > microZOLT > HD 600

micro ZOTL in the wrong shelf, same as speakers...

BTW, harman/kardon HK6200 integrated amp and Jamo and Bose speakers for nom HD operation... They are collecting dust...

The rest is my home office...

Sony MD will drive JMT CH47 and Tanent META 42 and ETYs 4 S/P in the future...

HD 600 not in the pic.

Ari
post #22 of 1553
Quote:
Originally posted by aeberbach
BLACK Arcam CD23 - looks very classy! I always wonder if I should have stuck with black but I bought silver. Luckily I got the silver SHA-1 from Flumpus.
Am I the only one that thinks my Arcam, particularly in black, looks butt boring, plain, and borders on being ugly?
post #23 of 1553
Quote:
Originally posted by MacDEF
LOL, once again Grinch is years behind the times. The Mac OS natively supports multi-button mice and scroll wheels. Plug them in and they work. On the other hand, studies have shown that most new computer users are more comfortable with a single button, so desktop Macs ship with a single button mice. So you get the basics for new users, and more advanced users can use whatever they want. What a novel concept
i realize that mac users can use two button mice and have known this for quite some time (they have usb ports, duh). i was just kidding, but of course we can't do that around macdef when the word "mac" is in the same post.

Quote:
Yes, they do! Now stop your incessant Mac-bashing thread-craps every chance you get!
you are just as guilty for crapping mac threads as i am; everytime i (or anybody else for that matter) show the slightest criticization towards a mac, you post a six page reply on how they're wrong and you're right. quit it with the silly animated smileys already, i am enjoying this thread.
post #24 of 1553
aeberbach

I've always thought the amplifiers should go as close to the bottom as possible, but I don't know where that idea came from.

Anyway, with your tubes on top, your rig looks very Metropolis-esque. Very cool.
post #25 of 1553
This thread won't be complete until Hirsch posts a life-size picture of his toaster. ...

kerelybonto
post #26 of 1553
Here's what we have now. I'll try to dig up some of the past "high-end" versions.

http://homepage.mac.com/lextek/PhotoAlbum29.html
post #27 of 1553

Re: Post a picture of your Headphone Rig.

Quote:
Originally posted by HappymaN
I just got a new digital camera (Canon IXUS V2), and I thought I'd share a picture.

Hey, look, everybody, his wallet still has stuff in it! Hahahaha...sniff...
post #28 of 1553
Could be ATM withdrawl receipts.
post #29 of 1553
Notice the BMW key too
post #30 of 1553
Late model too. You can learn a lot from someone's rig........
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Post a picture of your Headphone Rig.