This isn't K500 on the pictures, but probably K401. K500 has the 4-wires cable and I see there only 3-wires like in K501 and K401.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAKGtagged by System, 7/9/10
- productAKG K501tagged by System, 7/9/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 3/9/11
- productEtymotic Research ER4S MicroPro Reference Earphonestagged by System, 3/31/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/9/10
- productSony MDR-CD3000tagged by System, 4/4/11
Related Forum Threads
- Classical music headphone. Last post on 3/6/13 at 7:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- K601 driver same as K501? Last post on 6/6/12 at 12:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for some new headphones for piano primarily Last post on 10/21/11 at 11:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- Koss Pro DJ 100 - The Budget King Last post on 8/24/15 at 2:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon AH-D2000, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm, Beyerdynamic DT880 600ohm, AKG Q701, used... Last post on 12/6/12 at 11:54am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Intro When it comes to the world of PC audio, Creative Labs is a brand well known. For nearly 35 years Creative has been an industry leader in digital multimedia technology and innovation....
I have had my AK380 for over a month now and its time to post a review Before I had the AK380 I had an NW-ZX2 for 6 months, an AK240 for nearly two years and the AK120 before that, so yes, I...
I have tried the JBL Synchros line of s300, s500, and s700. As it turns out, the low end model sounds the best to me. These are on ear design, cups are about 3 inches wide. Headband and yokes are...
These are easy to use and pair quickly with your device. The sound quality - lows, mids, and highs are excellent provided a good seal with the ear. Good bluetooth range, battery life, and comfort....
USED Shure E5, 425, 535 EX1000 is a good start to have a taste of pro sound. Islation is not that good when music isnt playing.
AKG K501 love... - Page 68post #1006 of 10107/12/15 at 10:07am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1007 of 10107/12/15 at 11:16amNot that it matters, but it's a K500. Probably for production reasons (pre-soldered, short driver cables) AKG cut the fourth wire at the headphone entrance on these soldered versions. Older versions with spring contacts have all four wires going into the headphones.
I know, and it wasn't a positive discovery when I made a balanced connection...post #1008 of 10107/13/15 at 9:25ampost #1009 of 10107/30/15 at 9:26amQuote:Originally Posted by Fungus
I recently got my hands on a mint condition pair but I'm having an issue with the headband mechanism.
The elastic string that should supposedly automatically be pulled back to it's original unstretched position when not worn is isn't.
It remains in the most stretched position ....
Hi i have the same problem ... i did this ... with a sponge to clean dishes
I was really worried to damage anything.
Not very nice but fast and effective. And very good in the summer ...
When the sponge will be dirty i will just replace it with another one.
Edited by ginetto61 - 7/30/15 at 9:28am
- AKG K501 love...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › 🇬🇧 CanJam London 2015 Is Official! August 29-30, 2015! 4 minutes ago
- › Ihifi 770 & 770c Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Project Ember Tube Rolling 6 minutes ago
- › New Audio-gd DAC-19 [10th Anniversary Edition] 7 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 8 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 9 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 10 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 11 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 15 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 15 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2