- 753 Posts. Joined 7/2004
- Location: Puget Sound
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Rechargeable Batteries for Total BitHead Last post on 3/31/11 at 9:28am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Redwine iMod vs Amp question Last post on 4/6/11 at 7:49pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- noob question about amps. Last post on 8/27/12 at 11:22am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp or EQ/soundcard to increase bass with computer Last post on 7/19/12 at 7:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Edited on 11/14/12
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
Introduction I’m a basshead. I say that loudly and proudly, even though some folks believe basshead and audiophile are mutually exclusive. Obviously, I’m not in that camp. But sometimes, I...
I read reviews on this and I said let me try this out, for $10 I couldn't lose. This surpassed all of expectations for a $10 IEM. I am going to purchase a set for my wife, she was also blown...
Fanmusic is a distributor and a brand of Chinese audio-equipment which also has an eBay store. I was contacted by Tony, their manager a while ago and he informed me that they were working...
Very nice amp for mid-fiers to entry high-fiers. The sound quality and specs are very good for the price. Works very well with Jazz and Classical music in particular (not that rock and...
My pair was a supposed demo model from one of Hifiman's retailers. They came in mint condition, which is lucky for me. I'm not using a balanced cable yet, but I already feel it's a good upgrade...
- Headphone Impedance
Total AirHead Power Supply Question
Originally Posted by The Smokester
I don't hear any difference (including no additional hum) when my TAH is powered with the Headroom wall wart.
Originally Posted by replytoken
It was suggested that the amp might tighten up on the bottom end with power coming from a wall wart rather than batteries.
Originally Posted by jpelg
The PS helped my older, 2 & 3 battery model-Airheads considerably on all counts. I assume it still holds true for current models.
I think that there is a difference with electrical connection. Maybe needs a little bit more time for me to recognize the changes. I feel there is. Anyways, with or without music and at low volume, I hear a hum. When I go back to the 4 AAA batteries, the hum is gone. Any suggestions on what needs to be done? Thank you.
- Total AirHead Power Supply Question
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 40 seconds ago
- › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition 1 minute ago
- › Is Grado evolving too slowly? 2 minutes ago
- › Full-sized headphone that does metal decently? 4 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 281 IEMs compared (VSonic GR07 BE and R02 Silver... 4 minutes ago
- › The NEW ATH-ES700.. 5 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread 7 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones 8 minutes ago
- › iPhone cable (with mic) for UE or JH IEM's 14 minutes ago
- › Commuter IEMs 14 minutes ago
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by TheGame21x
- › Monoprice 8320 IEM by Taharqa
- › Fanmusic MS-E1011 by ItsMeHere
- › Audio-gd NFB-5 by citadel
- › HE-5LE by JamesHuntington
- › Kozee Sound Solutions Infinity X2 by Insight Reviews
- › JVC HA M750 by tinamou62
- › Aurisonics ASG-2 by eke2k6
- › Sennheiser HD-558 by Tr1ckster
- › Go-Dap DD Socket1 (DD/DA Converter) for iPhone & iPod... by AnakChan
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe