- 753 Posts. Joined 7/2004
- Location: Puget Sound
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Rechargeable Batteries for Total BitHead Last post on 3/31/11 at 9:28am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Redwine iMod vs Amp question Last post on 4/6/11 at 7:49pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- noob question about amps. Last post on 8/27/12 at 11:22am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp or EQ/soundcard to increase bass with computer Last post on 7/19/12 at 7:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
*Review to come*
Bought those as a portable go-to set (subway use, airplanes, travelling, etc.) and am so far very pleased. I previously used Etymotic IEM's (ER-4P and HF3) which are known for their clarity and...
http://www.head-fi.org/t/685339/new-akg-flagship-k812-first-impression/120#post_10026763 Now I correct the Google translate - I use http://www.dict.cc/ and my (small) knowledge of English I hope...
Sounds great with the modded AKG Q701. Nearly as good with that as my main amp that originally cost $350. Impressive! In fact, the Vali added nothing to the sound of the modded Q701, which is...
*I listened to the Westone 4Rs using iPhone 4S and the latest iPod Classic (6th Generation). The below sums up my listening experience from these sources only.* The Westone 4Rs fit my ears...
- Headphone Impedance
Total AirHead Power Supply Question
Originally Posted by The Smokester
I don't hear any difference (including no additional hum) when my TAH is powered with the Headroom wall wart.
Originally Posted by replytoken
It was suggested that the amp might tighten up on the bottom end with power coming from a wall wart rather than batteries.
Originally Posted by jpelg
The PS helped my older, 2 & 3 battery model-Airheads considerably on all counts. I assume it still holds true for current models.
I think that there is a difference with electrical connection. Maybe needs a little bit more time for me to recognize the changes. I feel there is. Anyways, with or without music and at low volume, I hear a hum. When I go back to the 4 AAA batteries, the hum is gone. Any suggestions on what needs to be done? Thank you.
- Total AirHead Power Supply Question
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 20 seconds ago
- › Comparisons: B&W P7, PSB M4U2, Momentum, MDR-1R, QC15, DT1350,... 1 minute ago
- › And yet again, I need a new pair of cans... or actually three :\ 2 minutes ago
- › is audeze a bad idea for classical music? 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 6 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 6 minutes ago
- › Samsung Galaxy S3... wow. 6 minutes ago
- › why do people dislike itunes? 7 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 7 minutes ago
- › Logitech UE 6000 by HeretixAevum
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › FiiO RC-MH1 Headphone Upgrade Cable by SkyBleu
- › Sennheiser CX 175 by thesurvivor90
- › EarSonics SM2 v2 by Gilly87
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless... by warrenpchi