- 753 Posts. Joined 7/2004
- Location: Puget Sound
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Rechargeable Batteries for Total BitHead Last post on 3/31/11 at 9:28am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Redwine iMod vs Amp question Last post on 4/6/11 at 7:49pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- noob question about amps. Last post on 8/27/12 at 11:22am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp or EQ/soundcard to increase bass with computer Last post on 7/19/12 at 7:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your Ref 1...
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
- Headphone Impedance
Total AirHead Power Supply Question
Originally Posted by The Smokester
I don't hear any difference (including no additional hum) when my TAH is powered with the Headroom wall wart.
Originally Posted by replytoken
It was suggested that the amp might tighten up on the bottom end with power coming from a wall wart rather than batteries.
Originally Posted by jpelg
The PS helped my older, 2 & 3 battery model-Airheads considerably on all counts. I assume it still holds true for current models.
I think that there is a difference with electrical connection. Maybe needs a little bit more time for me to recognize the changes. I feel there is. Anyways, with or without music and at low volume, I hear a hum. When I go back to the 4 AAA batteries, the hum is gone. Any suggestions on what needs to be done? Thank you.
- Total AirHead Power Supply Question
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 13 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic T70P good choice? (or B&W P7 / KEF M500?) 2 minutes ago
- › Portable Setup <$600 for Grado-Head? 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Grado RS1i Impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!! 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 8 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 9 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 12 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 14 minutes ago
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)