- 753 Posts. Joined 7/2004
- Location: Puget Sound
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Rechargeable Batteries for Total BitHead Last post on 3/31/11 at 9:28am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Redwine iMod vs Amp question Last post on 4/6/11 at 7:49pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- noob question about amps. Last post on 8/27/12 at 11:22am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp or EQ/soundcard to increase bass with computer Last post on 7/19/12 at 7:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I had the privilege of giving a listen to these beauties through work, and let me tell you, I'm thankful for it. I'll go through the gamut on this and tell you about packaging, comfort, sound,...
I am by no means an audiophile nor do I call myself one. My experience with quality audio products is very limited and so is my vocabulary on this topic. That being said I took a pair of these...
Full review can be found at: https://www.samma3a.com/tech/en/fiio-x5-3rd-gen-high-res-player-review/ Rating The NO BULL rating system is designed to take as many aspects of the device into...
I've had a short history with headphones. My first pair of good headphones were the Audio-Technica ATH-M50x. I will mostly be comparing these two. These headphones are much more better looking,...
I like these just a little better than my Sony MDR XB90ex, which I think is saying a lot. They both have a very ergonomic design that allows them to stay in ear securely and comfortably for...
Total AirHead Power Supply Questionpost #1 of 101/4/06 at 3:59pmThread StarterWould I expect to hear a difference between running a Total AirHead on batteries vs. a 12v wall wart that meets Headroom's specs? I know that AC power can possibly introduce noise or hum, but would the 12v supply provide something that the batteries cannot? The amp will be driving HD-600's.post #2 of 101/4/06 at 6:14pmpost #3 of 101/4/06 at 7:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by The SmokesterI don't hear any difference (including no additional hum) when my TAH is powered with the Headroom wall wart.
Antpost #4 of 101/4/06 at 7:55pmThread Starterpost #5 of 101/4/06 at 8:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by replytokenIt was suggested that the amp might tighten up on the bottom end with power coming from a wall wart rather than batteries.post #6 of 101/4/06 at 8:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by jpelgThe PS helped my older, 2 & 3 battery model-Airheads considerably on all counts. I assume it still holds true for current models.
Antpost #7 of 101/4/06 at 9:31pmI have the earlier version of the TAH, using three AAA batteries. Using Sennheiser HD580's I could not hear any difference between running on batteries and running on a 12 volt wall-wart.post #8 of 101/5/06 at 1:28amOlder 3 AAA model here, used with HD580s. With a 12V Rat Shack wall wart, I get a bit more kick from orchestral slams and somewhat less congestion in full crescendos than with batteries when the volume is cranked up. Don't notice any difference with pop music at safe listening volumes.
Beaupost #9 of 101/16/06 at 10:50pmThread StarterWell, I was listening to The Blind Boys of Alabama today using the TAH on batteries, and the clipping light kept coming on. Once I plugged in the wall wart, the light stopped coming on. I know the batteries have only been in the unit for a few hours, so I guess for some types of music that can more easily cause an amp to clip, the wall wart does help out. Some is good, more is better, and too much is just enough!!post #10 of 104/12/11 at 2:49pm
I think that there is a difference with electrical connection. Maybe needs a little bit more time for me to recognize the changes. I feel there is. Anyways, with or without music and at low volume, I hear a hum. When I go back to the 4 AAA batteries, the hum is gone. Any suggestions on what needs to be done? Thank you.
- Total AirHead Power Supply Question
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF 14 seconds ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 40 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers Electrostatic Prototype Listening Impressions 45 seconds ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Prog rock 2 minutes ago
- › NEED HELP: Replacement Earpads for Plantronics Backbeat Pro (1st Gen) 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 3 minutes ago
- › LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG 4 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Encore Universal flagship in-ear monitor by jasonwdonnelly
- › KEF M200 Hi-Fi In-Ear Headphones, Aluminum/Black by JonnyA
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by TheoS53
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by aggFTW
- › Sony In-Ear Dynamic Headphones MDR-XB70-B (Black) by aafanatic
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by FUYU
- › iFi Micro iTube2 Vacuum Tube Buffer and Preamplifier by ostewart
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by Jiawen Zhen
- › JVC Hi-Res corresponding canal type earphone HA-FX99X-B (Black) by aafanatic
- › Grado Labs SR80e by audiophilefan
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear