Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The DT880 Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The DT880 Appreciation Thread - Page 9

post #121 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkfan View Post


Where's the fun in that?? smily_headphones1.gif

Hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris J View Post

 

How about this:

 

I've heard the T1 (but only for a few minutes!), I couldn't understand why I would want to pay all that extra money for a slightly better sounding DT880.

OTOH, it could have been the amp I was using with it, I seem to remember the amp was nothing special.

This was at a head Fi meet several months ago, so the model of the amp is lost in my memory banks!wink_face.gif

Well, at least you guys have managed to deter me from the more expensive T1... At least for now... biggrin.gif

post #122 of 141
Amps and DACs can be reasonable.... biggrin.gif Aune T1 is onnnnly 200 and the Lake People G103 is 250. Down right cheap! hehe
post #123 of 141
double
post #124 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris J View Post

 

How about this:

 

I've heard the T1 (but only for a few minutes!), I couldn't understand why I would want to pay all that extra money for a slightly better sounding DT880.

OTOH, it could have been the amp I was using with it, I seem to remember the amp was nothing special.

This was at a head Fi meet several months ago, so the model of the amp is lost in my memory banks!wink_face.gif

 

I had an opportunity to compare the Beyers T1 and Sennheiser HD800 long time ago. (Audio-GD-Reference One DAC>Phoenix headamp). I was strongly sure that they were in the same league. Recently, I have bought Beyers DT880 (250Ohm) as a present for my mum and compared the DT880 directly with my Senn HD800 on several amps (incl. the Phoenix). For me, the Senn HD800 is the clear winner from higher league, the differences are substantial. Based on these experiences, I believe that the T1 is not slightly better than the DT880. I believe that T1 should much better than DT880. But you need a good/matching source and headamp to enjoy all qualities... It would be nice to compare the T1 and DT880 directly to verify this opinion.


Edited by seaice - 3/31/13 at 2:36pm
post #125 of 141

Using the DT880 2005 Edition for a year now. (Thanks HeadFi for providing me with sound advice back then.)

 

Bought the 250Ohm version for ease of use, so I could plug them directly into the Titanium HD.

 

Damn these are comfy.

Wear them 8-12hrs a day, sometimes I have no music running and I forget they are even on my head. oO

 

I love their sound. Can't really say anything more than that. I just love hearing music through them. Wish I could take them with me when I go outside, but alas, that duty falls to my closed ATH-M50.

 

Fair day to you all.

Ifalna


Edited by Ifalna - 3/31/13 at 3:53pm
post #126 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaice View Post

 

I had an opportunity to compare the Beyers T1 and Sennheiser HD800 long time ago. (Audio-GD-Reference One DAC>Phoenix headamp). I was strongly sure that they were in the same league. Recently, I have bought Beyers DT880 (250Ohm) as a present for my mum and compared the DT880 directly with my Senn HD800 on several amps (incl. the Phoenix). For me, the Senn HD800 is the clear winner from higher league, the differences are substantial. Based on these experiences, I believe that the T1 is not slightly better than the DT880. I believe that T1 should much better than DT880. But you need a good/matching source and headamp to enjoy all qualities... It would be nice to compare the T1 and DT880 directly to verify this opinion.

 

Well, you've whetted our appetite but not given us any details. The HD800 is substantially better than the DT880 how? In what areas?

post #127 of 141

The HD800 is substantially better than the DT880 in these areas: Overall resolution/detail and extension at both ends, especially bass impact+extension+resolution, space presentation+space extension+ambience, comfort... The superiority of HD800 can be easily heard in complex passages - try a classical music with a large orchestra and many instruments playing at the same time.

 

But you really need a good and matching amp for the HD800 to shine. HD800 can sound analytical and non-emotional/non-ilvolving on non-matching amps (and the HD800 treble is necessarily not for everyone's taste). Not sure about amp requirements of the DT880.


Edited by seaice - 3/31/13 at 11:51pm
post #128 of 141

Thank you.

post #129 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaice View Post

I had an opportunity to compare the Beyers T1 and Sennheiser HD800 long time ago. (Audio-GD-Reference One DAC>Phoenix headamp). I was strongly sure that they were in the same league. Recently, I have bought Beyers DT880 (250Ohm) as a present for my mum and compared the DT880 directly with my Senn HD800 on several amps (incl. the Phoenix). For me, the Senn HD800 is the clear winner from higher league, the differences are substantial. Based on these experiences, I believe that the T1 is not slightly better than the DT880. I believe that T1 should much better than DT880. But you need a good/matching source and headamp to enjoy all qualities... It would be nice to compare the T1 and DT880 directly to verify this opinion.

Thanks for the comments!

I've only heard the T1 for a few minutes so I certainly can't claim to be an expert. smily_headphones1.gifredface.gif
I've also heard the HD800 for a few minutes and was mightly impressed!
post #130 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaice View Post

The HD800 is substantially better than the DT880 in these areas: Overall resolution/detail and extension at both ends, especially bass impact+extension+resolution, space presentation+space extension+ambience, comfort... The superiority of HD800 can be easily heard in complex passages - try a classical music with a large orchestra and many instruments playing at the same time.

But you really need a good and matching amp for the HD800 to shine. HD800 can sound analytical and non-emotional/non-ilvolving on non-matching amps (and the HD800 treble is necessarily not for everyone's taste). Not sure about amp requirements of the DT880.

For the price difference between the DT 880 and HD 800, the 800 better be a lot better than the 880! smily_headphones1.gif
post #131 of 141

Beyer DT 880 absolutely rock!

post #132 of 141

Hi.

I'm a fan of DT 990 PRO beyersmile.png

I'm thinking in buy the DT 880...

Do you think DT 880 will be a good combination with my DT 990 PRO?
Because I read have the same drivers.

Is DT 880 really different of DT 990 PRO?

 

Thanks on advance

 

Cheers

post #133 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuens View Post

Hi.

I'm a fan of DT 990 PRO beyersmile.png

I'm thinking in buy the DT 880...

Do you think DT 880 will be a good combination with my DT 990 PRO?
Because I read have the same drivers.

Is DT 880 really different of DT 990 PRO?

 

Thanks on advance

 

Cheers

 

From what I gathered in Zombie_X's guide, the DT990 Pro and Prem should be the same minus clamp force. With that said.... toootally different animals. Bass and treble is more on the 990s. If you like the bass on the 990s, you might find 880s a bit anemic but the highs are a lot smoother. It's sparkly without the sibilance. I find that I prefer the 880s more.

post #134 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ifalna View Post

Using the DT880 2005 Edition for a year now. (Thanks HeadFi for providing me with sound advice back then.)

 

Bought the 250Ohm version for ease of use, so I could plug them directly into the Titanium HD.

 

Damn these are comfy.

Wear them 8-12hrs a day, sometimes I have no music running and I forget they are even on my head. oO

 

I love their sound. Can't really say anything more than that. I just love hearing music through them. Wish I could take them with me when I go outside, but alas, that duty falls to my closed ATH-M50.

 

Fair day to you all.

Ifalna

+1

 

Another lover of the DT880s, I had in mind buying the T1 but I dont think I will do it, Im getting the LCD-2 and these DT880s will remain at my desk for years :D

 

I love their sound, the neutrality, smoothness of the mids and treble, the extension of the last one and the impact for instrumental music.

post #135 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEleventy View Post

 

From what I gathered in Zombie_X's guide, the DT990 Pro and Prem should be the same minus clamp force. With that said.... toootally different animals. Bass and treble is more on the 990s. If you like the bass on the 990s, you might find 880s a bit anemic but the highs are a lot smoother. It's sparkly without the sibilance. I find that I prefer the 880s more.

Thanks!

I ordered my news Beyerdynamic smily_headphones1.gif

 

Cheers

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The DT880 Appreciation Thread