My stock pads are still in excellent condition but I have been looking to get some other pads to try out. Would the K702 pad be a good one to start with, and where can I order them?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Feelin' guilty, enjoying K-401's more than K-701's Last post on 6/4/11 at 12:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- A question about the AKG Sound Last post on 12/6/10 at 6:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- K601 earpads and elastics that fit the K500 - where to buy? Last post on 11/15/10 at 10:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K500 appreciation thread: K500 owners – UNITE! Last post on 5/8/13 at 12:30pm in Headphones (full-size)
- K500 Last post on 9/7/10 at 10:31am in Headphones (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Edited on 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaEdited on 1/6/13
Introduction First off, I’d like to thank the folks at Audio-Technica for the sample of the WS77 for review. Yes, I’ve been on something of a roll recently with Audio-Technica...
(caution: this is a long review (I know this because I just typed it out in Word and it spanned 7 pages!) I think this is a long awaited review of the 1Plus2s. I've had the stock cable for...
I have been looking for "THAT" amp, the one for me. I tried a WA6SE, and it had a problem with distorted bass. I have the Lyr, but looking to upgrade. The soloist is really the only other amp...
These are my first pair of cans and straight out of the package they look pretty amazing. When I first put them on I thoroughly enjoyed what i heard. Works well for bluesy songs and there is an...
Overview: The Beats Pro is the Beats' top-of-the-line model, with a lofty price tag of $400. However, its price, along with Beats' reputation with being a hated-on brand, hides the fact that...
Akg K400 - Page 17post #241 of 2505/15/13 at 8:40am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #242 of 2505/15/13 at 11:23amQuote:
I found them better sounding with the K601 pads than with the K701 ones.post #243 of 2505/15/13 at 12:04pmpost #244 of 2505/15/13 at 1:55pmQuote:
So strange. These pads seems only available for USA residents. Wonder why.
Out of curiosity: what do these cost?post #245 of 2505/15/13 at 10:20pmThe pads were $29 a piece and shipping was free. I'm hoping the anniversary pads are comfortable. They looked angled so that might also influence the sound from the stock k400 pad.post #246 of 2505/15/13 at 10:38pmQuote:
Are you 100% sure they're not accidentally sending you the regular K702 pads? That sounds a bit low. When I bought some Anniversary pads back in January they cost me $72 (2 pads) with free shipping directly from AKG. I had to wait a couple months to get them. Maybe they reduced the price of them.
The K701 Anniversary pads are not angled, but are made out of memory foam. The K701 and K702 pads are definitely angled though of course.post #247 of 2505/15/13 at 11:25pmQuote:A pair of pads cost more than Akg k400 iself. That's funny.
Why are two pieces of velour and foam so expensive?post #248 of 2505/24/13 at 3:44pmpost #249 of 2505/25/13 at 8:41am
Not sure why, but my K400 sounds better than my Q701 without an external amp
This was with that monster portable player the Ipod Classic 3G with mono screen. That thing can seem to drive most everything I have well enough.
Obviously I have an amp, but I was listening to the K400 without an external one for about an hour the other day with no major complaints.
The Q701 when way underpowered sounds thinner and harsher. I couldn't stand more than a few seconds of it with no amp.
The K400 is growing on me. I've been using it with stock pads and it's mids are really addicting.
I've noticed the sound varies a ton. With the K400 it will randomly sound nice and warm/full and then often too thin, but all due to how the song is recorded. Some headphones won't do this an they all sound good. Sometimes it seems like the HD-650 adds warmth that isn't really there! With my Micro Amp the bass on the K400 even with stock pads really surprises me sometimes. Of course it doesn't go that low, but that's OK.
The soundstage on the K400 is definitely better than the Q701. With my K400 it sometimes sounds like I have sounds coming from way outside my head and all around me. I don't get this experience much on the HD-650 and Q701. I definitely did on the K501.
I'm using the Schiit Modi and Headroom Micro Amp. I think that's by far my favorite amp for the AKG headphones.
So AKG still sells K500 pads? If so that's crazy. I hope they do. If so I need to buy some for backup. I tried K601 pads once but don't remember how they sound.post #250 of 2505/25/13 at 9:21am
Another cheap alternative are the hifiman pads but you have to cut out the generic plastic piece that AKG uses to lock their earpads onto the headphone. Do it if you have some deflated pads.
- Akg K400
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Over the ear HeadPhone for computer? 2 minutes ago
- › Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START... 2 minutes ago
- › Are there many fake klipsch image s4? 3 minutes ago
- › Htc One 3 minutes ago
- › "Beats audio" - Explained. 3 minutes ago
- › worst date stories 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 thread 4 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread 5 minutes ago
- › King Sound Emperor: New Electrostatic Headphones! 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 8 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 | SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan... by TheGame21x
- › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 by cravenz
- › Burson Audio Soloist Amp by DutchGFX
- › JVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black... by shdl83
- › Beats Pro (High Performance Professional Headphones From... by thatBeatsguy
- › Resonessence Labs Concero by planx
- › Philips in-Ear Headphones Crystal Sound SHE9620/28 (Rose Gold) by DozerCSX
- › Sony MDR-NC40 Noise Canceling Headphone (Black) by UmustBKidn
- › Sennheiser Momentum by iSennheiser
- › [Apollo] IEM Upgrade Cable by Effect Audio by ClieOS
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe