Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › DT990 Pro Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

DT990 Pro Impressions Thread - Page 25

post #361 of 557

I have heard that as well.

Seems to put out a nice wattage, if thats a true spec...?

I have heard the 250 ohm and up phones are more worried about voltage that wattage though.

I might ask the seller rms  and max (since thats the preferred spec these days lol) V output specs.

post #362 of 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassman999 View Post
 

I have heard that as well.

Seems to put out a nice wattage, if thats a true spec...?

I have heard the 250 ohm and up phones are more worried about voltage that wattage though.

I might ask the seller rms  and max (since thats the preferred spec these days lol) V output specs.

I find headphones need both voltage and wattage, but higher ohm headphones need more voltage than lower ohm pairs. Tubes generally output plenty of voltage, I don't think voltage should be a problem.

post #363 of 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by kman1211 View Post
 

I find headphones need both voltage and wattage, but higher ohm headphones need more voltage than lower ohm pairs. Tubes generally output plenty of voltage, I don't think voltage should be a problem.

OK I think Ill get that amp I pictured next month.

I already bought a small hybrid one from same seller and it works great, but all tube should be even better.

post #364 of 557
Yeah I use a Bravo Tube amp with my Pros and they go really well. You'll like the combo.
post #365 of 557

Just collected my dt990 pro from the post office, burning them in now.

 

Initial impressions are that the sibilance is pretty harsh. Mids are just slightly recesssed.


Edited by MachBot - 4/2/14 at 5:22am
post #366 of 557

Whats the difference between the pro and premium?

I am guessing the metal in the only difference?

post #367 of 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassman999 View Post
 

Whats the difference between the pro and premium?

I am guessing the metal in the only difference?


The Pro 250 ohm and Premium 250 ohm are basically the same thing, except the pro clamps more thus more bass and the pro has a coiled cable. The Pro has metal on it, the whole headband and yokes are metal, the earcups are a robust and tough plastic on the Pros.

post #368 of 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by kman1211 View Post
 


The Pro 250 ohm and Premium 250 ohm are basically the same thing, except the pro clamps more thus more bass and the pro has a coiled cable. The Pro has metal on it, the whole headband and yokes are metal, the earcups are a robust and tough plastic on the Pros.

I have the premium 600 ohm, and the clamp it too light IMO.

Maybe I can replace the metal headband.

I tried to coil it up to re-shape it, but made lil or no difference.

post #369 of 557

my Pro 250 ohm has arrived!

my pre-burn-in impression is pretty good so far. great bass, highs are not harsh for me.

post #370 of 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replicant187 View Post
 

my Pro 250 ohm has arrived!

my pre-burn-in impression is pretty good so far. great bass, highs are not harsh for me.

I dont think highs are harsh either, but mine are well burned from previous owner.

 

Listening to a few movies on mine I am getting used to the bass these have.

I dont exactly think they are lacking bass anymore, as they go low, but its a different bass than I am used to.

post #371 of 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassman999 View Post
 

I dont think highs are harsh either, but mine are well burned from previous owner.

 

Listening to a few movies on mine I am getting used to the bass these have.

I dont exactly think they are lacking bass anymore, as they go low, but its a different bass than I am used to.

 

for me, it has the deepest bass i ever heard from headphones though my experiences are pretty limited.

 

Fidelio X1 is bassy phone but 990pro goes even deeper and tighter. sparkling highs are addicting as well, deeper bass and sparkling highs complement each other pretty well so far.


Edited by Replicant187 - 4/2/14 at 10:51pm
post #372 of 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replicant187 View Post
 

 

for me, it has the deepest bass i ever heard from headphones though my experiences are pretty limited.

 

Fidelio X1 is bassy phone but 990pro goes even deeper and tighter. sparkling highs are addicting as well, deeper bass and sparkling highs complement each other pretty well so far.


The DT 990 Pro goes deep for an open-back. I do have an open-back that goes even deeper in the bass than the DT 990 though and that's the K612, the bass isn't as prominent though, it's a different beast, more neutral and midrange oriented. I never found the DT 990 highs harsh except on brighter systems.


Edited by kman1211 - 4/2/14 at 10:59pm
post #373 of 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replicant187 View Post
 

 

for me, it has the deepest bass i ever heard from headphones though my experiences are pretty limited.

 

Fidelio X1 is bassy phone but 990pro goes even deeper and tighter. sparkling highs are addicting as well, deeper bass and sparkling highs complement each other pretty well so far.

I think that not listening to anything but mp3s on my phone and iPod was the reason I thought these headphones are not so great.

 

I dont have any loss less music to listen to, but have random MP3 files that are at a higher bit rate.

post #374 of 557
Mp3s 256kbps+ Is pretty transparent. If you don't enjoy headphones with decent bitrate mp3s then it isnt just the files.
post #375 of 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by TsukiNick View Post

Mp3s 256kbps+ Is pretty transparent. If you don't enjoy headphones with decent bitrate mp3s then it isnt just the files.

Is there an online subscription service that streams HQ audio?

Pandora seems crappy to me, although I never tried to pay for it to see if they offer better quality...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › DT990 Pro Impressions Thread