- 1 Post. Joined 11/2005
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- The PANASONIC RP-HTF600-S headphones. More fun than the HD650? Last post on 5/21/16 at 7:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphones to choose? (Technics, Ultrasone) Last post on 5/29/12 at 10:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone Decision Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Panasonic RP-DH1200E Last post on 3/9/13 at 1:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Novice needs some help selecting quality portables for his daily life. Last post on 10/2/11 at 2:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
HiFiMAN RE-00 Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Massdrop for the loaner. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/823483/hifiman-re-00-earphone-review-by-mark2410 Brief: OMFG...
This review won't be too detailed, just a vote of respect for such a fine pair of headphones. I tend to like warm toned headphones, rather than purely neutral sets, and the Philips Fidelio X2 has...
The NAD VISO HP50 could have been a truly outstanding headphone. They produced a set with great sound, with a marvelous midrange, bass when it is called for in the music and highs that do not...
Philips SHP8000 40mm Dynamic Semi Open Full-size Headphones 10/21/2016 This ends up being an import only, semi-open, full-size around-ear headphone, priced at about $80.00...
What can I say the bass is nice on this after all it's in the XB series. It is somewhat well controlled. I did notice with stronger bass music it tends to hit almost distortion levels. The treble...
Technics (Panasonic) RP-DH1200.post #1 of 1012/4/05 at 4:53pmThread StarterSeems like I've been everywhere looking for a review on these cans, but I just come up with pitches from sellers... Anybody here ever heard 'em?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1010/3/11 at 11:39ampost #3 of 1010/3/11 at 4:23pm
They're my #3 DJ headphone, and one of my first 'decent' headphones.
They weigh quite a bit which may turn some people off, but they've got rockin' sound. Haven't heard them in quite some time but their strong point is certainly their bass. Removeable cable, great bass, great build quality. Their weight and size may turn some off though.
I wish I had them now to describe them in a more 'head-fi friendly' way (ie. warm, cold, flat, bloated, etc), but I can only speak from experience when I was DJing more frequently.post #4 of 1010/3/11 at 7:45pm
Great Dj cans. A classic. They have great full balanced sound too . It is the HP of choice for one of the worlds best DJs. .AVB can't be wrong...If your looking for DJ cans those are awesome for the cost and built like a tank as well. Kinda on the heavy side..Built to last. If you want more of a casual listening phone I would look into less heavy phones but for DJing they will do the trick easily. The most balanced sounding DJ cans I own..post #5 of 1010/3/11 at 9:04pm
My #1 is still A&H Xone 53. Just can't be beat. Easily my choice when I spin.
Quote:Originally Posted by Dsnuts
Great Dj cans. A classic. They have great full balanced sound too . It is the HP of choice for one of the worlds best DJs. .AVB can't be wrong...If your looking for DJ cans those are awesome for the cost and built like a tank as well. Kinda on the heavy side..Built to last. If you want more of a casual listening phone I would look into less heavy phones but for DJing they will do the trick easily. The most balanced sounding DJ cans I own..post #6 of 1010/3/11 at 9:31pmpost #7 of 1010/3/11 at 9:43pm
Well now that I think about it...maybe the HD 25-1 II. I wanted to say the HDJ 2000, but they're a little love hate for me and more realistically my #4.
Xone 53 (clean and neutral with a slight bass hump)
HD 25-1 II (super isolation for deafening environments, neutral)
RP DH1200 (The most bassy of the 4, but by no means muddy, a little heavy but worth the weight)
HDJ 2000 (Most balanced of the 4, but more boring than the others when just used for listening, most attractive of the bunch)
EDIT: The 25-1 II is my choice for live on stage mixing where as the 53 is my booth choice.
Edited by MorbidToaster - 10/3/11 at 9:46pmpost #8 of 1010/3/11 at 9:46pmpost #9 of 1010/3/11 at 9:52pm
I haven't done a live set in almost 2 years...which really sucks.
But I think you'd be good with any of the 4 I mentioned tbh. They're all excellent headphones in the 100 - 200 price range (except the HDJ 2000 at 300).
Depending on how portable you want them to be I'd choose (depending on budget) between the 53 and the 1200. If you want something more portable go with the 25-1 II. If looks are a big factor...pay the premium for the HDJ 2000.
This also depends a little bit on what genres you listen to, but I don't think any of them would really disappoint.
- Technics (Panasonic) RP-DH1200.
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › ALAC vs. FLAC 1 minute ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Wizard Savanna Giveaway! 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo issue solutions thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Cheap, Bassy Over-ear Headphones for 20$? 4 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 4 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 5 minutes ago
- › Bifrost Uber , Used but great condition 5 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 5 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN RE-00 by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Kerry56
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by Kerry56
- › Philips Shp8000/10 Hi-Fi Headphones - Black by Redcarmoose
- › Sony MDRXB400/BLU Extra Bass Over The Head 30 mm Driver Headphone,... by InternPrimas
- › Noontec ZORO II HD Headphone by InternPrimas
- › Panasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitor by Kerry56
- › Chord&Major 01'16 Electric Tonal Earphone by Cinder
- › Cowon PM2-128SL Plenue M2 PM2 High Resolution Music Player 128GB... by twister6
- › Chord & Major 8'13 for Rock by Cinder
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...