- 1 Post. Joined 11/2005
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- The PANASONIC RP-HTF600-S headphones. More fun than the HD650? Last post on 4/15/14 at 8:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphones to choose? (Technics, Ultrasone) Last post on 5/29/12 at 10:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone Decision Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Panasonic RP-DH1200E Last post on 3/9/13 at 1:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Novice needs some help selecting quality portables for his daily life. Last post on 10/2/11 at 2:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I purchased this on Amazon from a vendor that had a combined listing for the older model and newer E07 Andes. So I received the new model at the old model price and saved about $20. So that was...
These earphones are slightly overpriced compared to some competitive earphones. I think. I love the over-ear construction and the isolation is superb. The sound quality is impressive and...
Have had these for 3 months after losing a pair of Pioneer HDJ 500s. Preferred the look and build quality of the Pioneers, but the Sonys look ok and fold up nicely. The HDJ 500s didn't fold, but...
I think some of the reviews above have missed the real point of the i-20 for audiophiles, it provides an excellent spdif output from an iPod. Used with an external DAC the sound is excellent and...
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
Technics (Panasonic) RP-DH1200.post #1 of 1012/4/05 at 4:53pmThread StarterSeems like I've been everywhere looking for a review on these cans, but I just come up with pitches from sellers... Anybody here ever heard 'em?post #2 of 1010/3/11 at 11:39ampost #3 of 1010/3/11 at 4:23pm
They're my #3 DJ headphone, and one of my first 'decent' headphones.
They weigh quite a bit which may turn some people off, but they've got rockin' sound. Haven't heard them in quite some time but their strong point is certainly their bass. Removeable cable, great bass, great build quality. Their weight and size may turn some off though.
I wish I had them now to describe them in a more 'head-fi friendly' way (ie. warm, cold, flat, bloated, etc), but I can only speak from experience when I was DJing more frequently.post #4 of 1010/3/11 at 7:45pm
Great Dj cans. A classic. They have great full balanced sound too . It is the HP of choice for one of the worlds best DJs. .AVB can't be wrong...If your looking for DJ cans those are awesome for the cost and built like a tank as well. Kinda on the heavy side..Built to last. If you want more of a casual listening phone I would look into less heavy phones but for DJing they will do the trick easily. The most balanced sounding DJ cans I own..post #5 of 1010/3/11 at 9:04pm
My #1 is still A&H Xone 53. Just can't be beat. Easily my choice when I spin.
Quote:Originally Posted by Dsnuts
Great Dj cans. A classic. They have great full balanced sound too . It is the HP of choice for one of the worlds best DJs. .AVB can't be wrong...If your looking for DJ cans those are awesome for the cost and built like a tank as well. Kinda on the heavy side..Built to last. If you want more of a casual listening phone I would look into less heavy phones but for DJing they will do the trick easily. The most balanced sounding DJ cans I own..post #6 of 1010/3/11 at 9:31pmpost #7 of 1010/3/11 at 9:43pm
Well now that I think about it...maybe the HD 25-1 II. I wanted to say the HDJ 2000, but they're a little love hate for me and more realistically my #4.
Xone 53 (clean and neutral with a slight bass hump)
HD 25-1 II (super isolation for deafening environments, neutral)
RP DH1200 (The most bassy of the 4, but by no means muddy, a little heavy but worth the weight)
HDJ 2000 (Most balanced of the 4, but more boring than the others when just used for listening, most attractive of the bunch)
EDIT: The 25-1 II is my choice for live on stage mixing where as the 53 is my booth choice.
Edited by MorbidToaster - 10/3/11 at 9:46pmpost #8 of 1010/3/11 at 9:46pmpost #9 of 1010/3/11 at 9:52pm
I haven't done a live set in almost 2 years...which really sucks.
But I think you'd be good with any of the 4 I mentioned tbh. They're all excellent headphones in the 100 - 200 price range (except the HDJ 2000 at 300).
Depending on how portable you want them to be I'd choose (depending on budget) between the 53 and the 1200. If you want something more portable go with the 25-1 II. If looks are a big factor...pay the premium for the HDJ 2000.
This also depends a little bit on what genres you listen to, but I don't think any of them would really disappoint.
- Technics (Panasonic) RP-DH1200.
- Headphone Impedance
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 13 seconds ago
- › sennheiser HD 558 30 seconds ago
- › Even in the 1940s they knew about bias and prejudice in audio 35 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 1 minute ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here 2 minutes ago
- › Help! I think something is wrong with the way i perceive sound. 2 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Parts/Overclocking) 3 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-3SL by squallkiercosa
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by originalsnuffy
- › Shure SE535-V Earphone by david8090
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob