- 1 Post. Joined 11/2005
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- The PANASONIC RP-HTF600-S headphones. More fun than the HD650? Last post on 2/14/15 at 7:20pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphones to choose? (Technics, Ultrasone) Last post on 5/29/12 at 10:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone Decision Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Panasonic RP-DH1200E Last post on 3/9/13 at 1:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Novice needs some help selecting quality portables for his daily life. Last post on 10/2/11 at 2:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
AK120II and Pono player combined review
EarTech Music have you ever heard of them or Ear Technology Corporation well me neither. This review is for EarTech Music Dual driver custom in ear monitor. I ran upon this company one day while I...
Setup: System #1: Macbook Pro Retina, Fidelia Software, Fiio e17 Alpen System #2: Mac Pro, Fidelia Software, Headphone Out or Fiio e17/E09K combo Some of the tracks used to...
WHY THESE? The kind people on iBuyGou (www.ibuygou.com) kindly offered me a pair of Xiaomi-like headphones to review here, as I actively have been using my Pistons the last year, and as these...
Got one of these for a downstairs/bedroom system I'm trying to put together for peanuts. For your money, you get a very well made little steel box, crinkle finished, painted silver. You can see...
Technics (Panasonic) RP-DH1200.post #1 of 1012/4/05 at 4:53pmThread StarterSeems like I've been everywhere looking for a review on these cans, but I just come up with pitches from sellers... Anybody here ever heard 'em?post #2 of 1010/3/11 at 11:39ampost #3 of 1010/3/11 at 4:23pm
They're my #3 DJ headphone, and one of my first 'decent' headphones.
They weigh quite a bit which may turn some people off, but they've got rockin' sound. Haven't heard them in quite some time but their strong point is certainly their bass. Removeable cable, great bass, great build quality. Their weight and size may turn some off though.
I wish I had them now to describe them in a more 'head-fi friendly' way (ie. warm, cold, flat, bloated, etc), but I can only speak from experience when I was DJing more frequently.post #4 of 1010/3/11 at 7:45pm
Great Dj cans. A classic. They have great full balanced sound too . It is the HP of choice for one of the worlds best DJs. .AVB can't be wrong...If your looking for DJ cans those are awesome for the cost and built like a tank as well. Kinda on the heavy side..Built to last. If you want more of a casual listening phone I would look into less heavy phones but for DJing they will do the trick easily. The most balanced sounding DJ cans I own..post #5 of 1010/3/11 at 9:04pm
My #1 is still A&H Xone 53. Just can't be beat. Easily my choice when I spin.
Quote:Originally Posted by Dsnuts
Great Dj cans. A classic. They have great full balanced sound too . It is the HP of choice for one of the worlds best DJs. .AVB can't be wrong...If your looking for DJ cans those are awesome for the cost and built like a tank as well. Kinda on the heavy side..Built to last. If you want more of a casual listening phone I would look into less heavy phones but for DJing they will do the trick easily. The most balanced sounding DJ cans I own..post #6 of 1010/3/11 at 9:31pmpost #7 of 1010/3/11 at 9:43pm
Well now that I think about it...maybe the HD 25-1 II. I wanted to say the HDJ 2000, but they're a little love hate for me and more realistically my #4.
Xone 53 (clean and neutral with a slight bass hump)
HD 25-1 II (super isolation for deafening environments, neutral)
RP DH1200 (The most bassy of the 4, but by no means muddy, a little heavy but worth the weight)
HDJ 2000 (Most balanced of the 4, but more boring than the others when just used for listening, most attractive of the bunch)
EDIT: The 25-1 II is my choice for live on stage mixing where as the 53 is my booth choice.
Edited by MorbidToaster - 10/3/11 at 9:46pmpost #8 of 1010/3/11 at 9:46pmpost #9 of 1010/3/11 at 9:52pm
I haven't done a live set in almost 2 years...which really sucks.
But I think you'd be good with any of the 4 I mentioned tbh. They're all excellent headphones in the 100 - 200 price range (except the HDJ 2000 at 300).
Depending on how portable you want them to be I'd choose (depending on budget) between the 53 and the 1200. If you want something more portable go with the 25-1 II. If looks are a big factor...pay the premium for the HDJ 2000.
This also depends a little bit on what genres you listen to, but I don't think any of them would really disappoint.
- Technics (Panasonic) RP-DH1200.
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › New Member Introductions thread 5 seconds ago
- › senheiser HD-598 reviwed by whathifi as "boring"! True? 35 seconds ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 1 minute ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 1 minute ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 1 minute ago
- › The Tera player thread.Philips R2R DAC ( impressions, opinions,... 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 6 minutes ago
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker... by NightFlight
- › Emotiva Stealth Eight by Audiobahn808
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3