- 1 Post. Joined 11/2005
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- The PANASONIC RP-HTF600-S headphones. More fun than the HD650? Last post on 5/21/16 at 7:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphones to choose? (Technics, Ultrasone) Last post on 5/29/12 at 10:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone Decision Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Panasonic RP-DH1200E Last post on 3/9/13 at 1:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Novice needs some help selecting quality portables for his daily life. Last post on 10/2/11 at 2:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
INTRODUCTION I have received FiiO DK1 directly from FiiO company in exchange for my honest opinion (as you will surely find out soon). BACKGROUND This will be short, since you don't...
I do like this headphone quite a bit although I'll be the first to say that I have a soft spot for Beyer phones being my first taste of the audiophile world. This is a review of a...
When I was a child in the '80s, one of my neighbour's kids, a gloriously goofy-looking guy of the era, was always out on his driveway fixing his motorbikes, then later, his car, a vintage Ford V8....
"In a cold world of flagships, the LCD-4 gives me the warmth I have been asking for." -Probably someone...
This review is for someone looking for a good pair of in-ear headphones after using over-ear phones; that's the situation where I am coming from at least, as I have been using Sennheiser's HD598...
Technics (Panasonic) RP-DH1200.post #1 of 1012/4/05 at 4:53pmThread StarterSeems like I've been everywhere looking for a review on these cans, but I just come up with pitches from sellers... Anybody here ever heard 'em?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1010/3/11 at 11:39ampost #3 of 1010/3/11 at 4:23pm
They're my #3 DJ headphone, and one of my first 'decent' headphones.
They weigh quite a bit which may turn some people off, but they've got rockin' sound. Haven't heard them in quite some time but their strong point is certainly their bass. Removeable cable, great bass, great build quality. Their weight and size may turn some off though.
I wish I had them now to describe them in a more 'head-fi friendly' way (ie. warm, cold, flat, bloated, etc), but I can only speak from experience when I was DJing more frequently.post #4 of 1010/3/11 at 7:45pm
Great Dj cans. A classic. They have great full balanced sound too . It is the HP of choice for one of the worlds best DJs. .AVB can't be wrong...If your looking for DJ cans those are awesome for the cost and built like a tank as well. Kinda on the heavy side..Built to last. If you want more of a casual listening phone I would look into less heavy phones but for DJing they will do the trick easily. The most balanced sounding DJ cans I own..post #5 of 1010/3/11 at 9:04pm
My #1 is still A&H Xone 53. Just can't be beat. Easily my choice when I spin.
Quote:Originally Posted by Dsnuts
Great Dj cans. A classic. They have great full balanced sound too . It is the HP of choice for one of the worlds best DJs. .AVB can't be wrong...If your looking for DJ cans those are awesome for the cost and built like a tank as well. Kinda on the heavy side..Built to last. If you want more of a casual listening phone I would look into less heavy phones but for DJing they will do the trick easily. The most balanced sounding DJ cans I own..post #6 of 1010/3/11 at 9:31pmpost #7 of 1010/3/11 at 9:43pm
Well now that I think about it...maybe the HD 25-1 II. I wanted to say the HDJ 2000, but they're a little love hate for me and more realistically my #4.
Xone 53 (clean and neutral with a slight bass hump)
HD 25-1 II (super isolation for deafening environments, neutral)
RP DH1200 (The most bassy of the 4, but by no means muddy, a little heavy but worth the weight)
HDJ 2000 (Most balanced of the 4, but more boring than the others when just used for listening, most attractive of the bunch)
EDIT: The 25-1 II is my choice for live on stage mixing where as the 53 is my booth choice.
Edited by MorbidToaster - 10/3/11 at 9:46pmpost #8 of 1010/3/11 at 9:46pmpost #9 of 1010/3/11 at 9:52pm
I haven't done a live set in almost 2 years...which really sucks.
But I think you'd be good with any of the 4 I mentioned tbh. They're all excellent headphones in the 100 - 200 price range (except the HDJ 2000 at 300).
Depending on how portable you want them to be I'd choose (depending on budget) between the 53 and the 1200. If you want something more portable go with the 25-1 II. If looks are a big factor...pay the premium for the HDJ 2000.
This also depends a little bit on what genres you listen to, but I don't think any of them would really disappoint.
- Technics (Panasonic) RP-DH1200.
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0 1 minute ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Launch (With Impressions) - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 3 minutes ago
- › Indonesian portable DAP prototype discussion (split from Tera... 3 minutes ago
- › TH-900 Fostex EZ-Simple Mods and other Fostex Dynamic Variants... 6 minutes ago
- › Repair for Sennheiser HD450s? 6 minutes ago
- › De'Mun / Bengkel Macro 7 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Grado modders go Magnum 7 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Appreciation Thread – a New Start (please read... 9 minutes ago
- › FiiO Multifunction Dock (DK1) by OSiRiSsk
- › beyerdynamic DT 1770 PRO Studio Headphones by Soundsgoodtome
- › Chord DAVE by Currawong
- › Audeze LCD-4 by Dillan
- › Sennheiser IE80 by AnssiRai
- › Effect Audio Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable by sonickarma
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Tayyab Pirzada
- › Edifier S1000DB Audiophile Active Bookshelf Speakers - Bluetooth... by dnun8086
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones by Llloyd
- › Simaudio 230HAD by sheldaze
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...