- 1 Post. Joined 11/2005
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- The PANASONIC RP-HTF600-S headphones. More fun than the HD650? Last post on 5/21/16 at 7:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphones to choose? (Technics, Ultrasone) Last post on 5/29/12 at 10:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone Decision Last post on 10/8/11 at 7:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Panasonic RP-DH1200E Last post on 3/9/13 at 1:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Novice needs some help selecting quality portables for his daily life. Last post on 10/2/11 at 2:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I still have yet to give anything 5 stars. The SR-202, for me, is a solid option for alternatives to the HD700, if you can find them without breaking the bank. I will start with the things I...
Fidue A65 Thanks to tony from hifiheadphones for letting me be part of the UK tour. TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS Drivers: Custom 8mm dynamic driver with Titanium...
Background When was the last time you used a pair of earbuds? Perhaps you use your Apple Earpods at work to remain inconspicuous, or maybe you are one of the many who have purchased the VE...
About Me: I'm just your average guy making his way through college with a passing interest in audio fidelity. I'm NOT an audiophile, but I've got a little experience ranging from lower-end...
Preamble:Pai Audio (http://www.paiaudio.com/indexEn.asp) is a relatively new audio company and based in Shenzhen, China. Established in 2014, they have specialised in manufacturing in-ears....
Technics (Panasonic) RP-DH1200.post #1 of 1012/4/05 at 4:53pmThread StarterSeems like I've been everywhere looking for a review on these cans, but I just come up with pitches from sellers... Anybody here ever heard 'em?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1010/3/11 at 11:39ampost #3 of 1010/3/11 at 4:23pm
They're my #3 DJ headphone, and one of my first 'decent' headphones.
They weigh quite a bit which may turn some people off, but they've got rockin' sound. Haven't heard them in quite some time but their strong point is certainly their bass. Removeable cable, great bass, great build quality. Their weight and size may turn some off though.
I wish I had them now to describe them in a more 'head-fi friendly' way (ie. warm, cold, flat, bloated, etc), but I can only speak from experience when I was DJing more frequently.post #4 of 1010/3/11 at 7:45pm
Great Dj cans. A classic. They have great full balanced sound too . It is the HP of choice for one of the worlds best DJs. .AVB can't be wrong...If your looking for DJ cans those are awesome for the cost and built like a tank as well. Kinda on the heavy side..Built to last. If you want more of a casual listening phone I would look into less heavy phones but for DJing they will do the trick easily. The most balanced sounding DJ cans I own..post #5 of 1010/3/11 at 9:04pm
My #1 is still A&H Xone 53. Just can't be beat. Easily my choice when I spin.
Quote:Originally Posted by Dsnuts
Great Dj cans. A classic. They have great full balanced sound too . It is the HP of choice for one of the worlds best DJs. .AVB can't be wrong...If your looking for DJ cans those are awesome for the cost and built like a tank as well. Kinda on the heavy side..Built to last. If you want more of a casual listening phone I would look into less heavy phones but for DJing they will do the trick easily. The most balanced sounding DJ cans I own..post #6 of 1010/3/11 at 9:31pmpost #7 of 1010/3/11 at 9:43pm
Well now that I think about it...maybe the HD 25-1 II. I wanted to say the HDJ 2000, but they're a little love hate for me and more realistically my #4.
Xone 53 (clean and neutral with a slight bass hump)
HD 25-1 II (super isolation for deafening environments, neutral)
RP DH1200 (The most bassy of the 4, but by no means muddy, a little heavy but worth the weight)
HDJ 2000 (Most balanced of the 4, but more boring than the others when just used for listening, most attractive of the bunch)
EDIT: The 25-1 II is my choice for live on stage mixing where as the 53 is my booth choice.
Edited by MorbidToaster - 10/3/11 at 9:46pmpost #8 of 1010/3/11 at 9:46pmpost #9 of 1010/3/11 at 9:52pm
I haven't done a live set in almost 2 years...which really sucks.
But I think you'd be good with any of the 4 I mentioned tbh. They're all excellent headphones in the 100 - 200 price range (except the HDJ 2000 at 300).
Depending on how portable you want them to be I'd choose (depending on budget) between the 53 and the 1200. If you want something more portable go with the 25-1 II. If looks are a big factor...pay the premium for the HDJ 2000.
This also depends a little bit on what genres you listen to, but I don't think any of them would really disappoint.
- Technics (Panasonic) RP-DH1200.
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › How to eliminate stuttering in audio players? 7 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 31 seconds ago
- › Grado RS1i Impressions thread 39 seconds ago
- › ZMF x Vibro & ZMF Blackwood Discussion Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Help Required with my MUSIC SETUP MESS!! 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for some decent IEMs around 100$ 2 minutes ago
- › Does there exist an MP3 player that could work with my FiiO E17k? 3 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's - Modding / Issues 3 minutes ago
- › Looking for an audio fix after getting a taste of a true Hi-Fi... 4 minutes ago
- › Stax SR-202 by snapacap
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Deftone
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Zen V2 by Aornic
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by Midgetguy
- › Pai Audio MR4 by HiFiChris
- › Echobox Audio Finder X1 by Hisoundfi
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by Hisoundfi
- › RHA MA750i by Cinder
- › RM-S1 Wired Sport Headset Stereo Headphone Earphone For iPhone 6... by Redcarmoose
- › Westone Um Pro 50 Clear Earbuds by ryanjsoo
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...