Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Technics (Panasonic) RP-DH1200.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Technics (Panasonic) RP-DH1200.

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 
Seems like I've been everywhere looking for a review on these cans, but I just come up with pitches from sellers... Anybody here ever heard 'em?
post #2 of 10
Dsnuts have em, and apparently, he loves em smily_headphones1.gif
post #3 of 10

They're my #3 DJ headphone, and one of my first 'decent' headphones. 

 

They weigh quite a bit which may turn some people off, but they've got rockin' sound. Haven't heard them in quite some time but their strong point is certainly their bass. Removeable cable, great bass, great build quality. Their weight and size may turn some off though. 

 

I wish I had them now to describe them in a more 'head-fi friendly' way (ie. warm, cold, flat, bloated, etc), but I can only speak from experience  when I was DJing more frequently.

post #4 of 10

Great Dj cans. A classic. They have great full balanced sound too .  It is the HP of choice for one of the worlds best DJs. .AVB can't be wrong...If your looking for DJ cans those are awesome for the cost and built like a tank as well. Kinda on the heavy side..Built to last. If you want more of a casual listening phone I would look into less heavy phones but for DJing they will do the trick easily.  The most balanced sounding DJ cans I own..

post #5 of 10

My #1 is still A&H Xone 53. Just can't be beat. Easily my choice when I spin.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

Great Dj cans. A classic. They have great full balanced sound too .  It is the HP of choice for one of the worlds best DJs. .AVB can't be wrong...If your looking for DJ cans those are awesome for the cost and built like a tank as well. Kinda on the heavy side..Built to last. If you want more of a casual listening phone I would look into less heavy phones but for DJing they will do the trick easily.  The most balanced sounding DJ cans I own..



 

 

post #6 of 10

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

My #1 is still A&H Xone 53. Just can't be beat. Easily my choice when I spin. 

 


What's your #2?
 

 

post #7 of 10

Well now that I think about it...maybe the HD 25-1 II. I wanted to say the HDJ 2000, but they're a little love hate for me and more realistically my #4. 

 

Xone 53 (clean and neutral with a slight bass hump)

 

HD 25-1 II (super isolation for deafening environments, neutral)

 

RP DH1200 (The most bassy of the 4, but by no means muddy, a little heavy but worth the  weight)

 

HDJ 2000 (Most balanced of the 4, but more boring than the others when just used for listening, most attractive of the bunch)

 

EDIT: The 25-1 II is my choice for live on stage mixing where as the 53 is my booth choice. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by priest View Post

 


What's your #2?
 

 



 

 


Edited by MorbidToaster - 10/3/11 at 9:46pm
post #8 of 10

^ok, thanks. always good to hear from actual DJs.

post #9 of 10

I haven't done a live set in almost 2 years...which really sucks.

 

But I think you'd be good with any of the 4 I mentioned tbh. They're all excellent headphones in the 100 - 200 price range (except the HDJ 2000 at 300).

 

Depending on how portable you want them to be I'd choose (depending on budget) between the 53 and the 1200. If you want something more portable go with the 25-1 II. If looks are a big factor...pay the premium for the HDJ 2000. 

 

This also depends a little bit on what genres you listen to, but I don't think any of them would really disappoint. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by priest View Post

^ok, thanks. always good to hear from actual DJs.



 

 

post #10 of 10

Anyone have tried the Technics RP-DH1210? I've read the 1200 and 1210 sound different

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Technics (Panasonic) RP-DH1200.