Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Sound card questions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sound card questions

post #1 of 3
Thread Starter 
My sb live just died after a few years of use, so now it is time to upgrade the soundcard. My two options are the santa cruz and the audiophile 24/48.

My question is this. If I get the santa cruz, will I be able to plug it into the my roomate's reciever. What cables will I need in order to do this, and where can I find them? I would like a lot of info about doing this if possible.

My question about the audiophile 24/48 is, can I plug my headphones directly into it, and will my computer speakers be compatible with it. Or will I need converters for it.

Which one is my best bet to use. Having support for my headphones is important. Plugging it into my friends reciever is not very important, but would be nice.
post #2 of 3
Quote:
If I get the santa cruz, will I be able to plug it into the my roomate's reciever.
Yes.

Quote:
What cables will I need in order to do this, and where can I find them?
Depending on the nature of the receiver (Dolby Digital or stereo) you will either need a 1/8" to single phono adapter, or a 1/8" to dual phono stereo RCA adapter, pt #'s 274-378, and 274-883 respectively from Radioshack.

Quote:
My question about the audiophile 24/48 is, can I plug my headphones directly into it, and will my computer speakers be compatible with it.
If you have a headphone amp that accepts RCA inputs.... Otherwise it's off to Ratshack for another adapter.

Quote:
Which one is my best bet to use. Having support for my headphones is important. Plugging it into my friends reciever is not very important, but would be nice.
Either you need 3d sound API support for games or you don't, in which case you can scratch the SC. The wavetable header may be important if you're a midi freak.
post #3 of 3
Thread Starter 
Well, I'm going to go with the santa cruz, and I'm going to get an adapter for dual rca inputs.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Sound card questions