I had the EXACT same line up to choose from myself ("other" included Benchmark DAC1, Apogee Micro DAC with USB and a high end DIY DAC).
I chose Aqvox. My reasons:
- reviews (not overly bright), supposedly very good analog section with no pots/volume controls on that line
- flexibility (number of inputs/outputs, pulse/flat filters, phase 0/180 for those amps/sources that reverse absolute phase, selection of oversampling and input sampling rates)
I didn't choose the following (reasons):
- DAC1 (was afraid it was too bright, I'm bright sensitive, plus it has volume control in the analog output chain which I don't need)
- Lavry Black DA10 (issues with reclocking on earlier consumer model as per Stereophile review, non-bypassable analog volume control in line out)
- Mytek (reviews, user comments, lack of higher output sampling rates, features, cosmetics)
- DIY dac (decided I didn't have enough time to build and the real performance still relatively unknown)
Now, of course I can't say Aqvox is the best choice or I did the best selection myself (I didn't have the chance to compare the sound of all the contestants).
I'm just explaining the rationale, so it may reflect on some issues to consider.
YMMV of course.