Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Which are the current Singlepower models?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Which are the current Singlepower models? - Page 6

post #76 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by PFKMan23
I have an MPX3 SE...
Ok that is just not fair...where is mine!!
post #77 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic
I have heard several rumours about a new transportable, hybrid amp from Singlepower.
Can anybody tell me more about it?

Also, does Mickail post here, if so what is his member name?

Mikail posts here very rarely. He uses his name.
I have also heard he is developing a small transportable amp using some form of mini tube. Maybe the same one used in his phono stages?
post #78 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom hankins
Mikail posts here very rarely. He uses his name.
I have also heard he is developing a small transportable amp using some form of mini tube. Maybe the same one used in his phono stages?
Thanks Tom, I intended to PM him directely for update about the amp, but I don't seem to find him in the member list at this name
post #79 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic
Thanks Tom, I intended to PM him directely for update about the amp, but I don't seem to find him in the member list at this name
I think you'd be better served emailing him directly: salesatsinglepowerdotcom
post #80 of 167
Thread Starter 
I don't log on very much in this time of the year, but I just had to add the MPX3 SLAM SE to the list of un-official Singlepower "models" in post #1.

It seems several members, either has one, or will shortly take delivery of one, hence it is not just a one-off. Happy listening guys, and thanks Earl et al to have given birth to yet another amp wonder.

Please let me know if there are any errors in the short descriptions of the different models.
post #81 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glod
I don't log on very much in this time of the year, but I just had to add the MPX3 SLAM SE to the list of un-official Singlepower "models" in post #1.

It seems several members, either has one, or will shortly take delivery of one, hence it is not just a one-off. Happy listening guys, and thanks Earl et al to have given birth to yet another amp wonder.

Please let me know if there are any errors in the short descriptions of the different models.

Well Glod,

The Supra-XTC is in the works! So you will be adding another new entry in a few months.
post #82 of 167
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacd lover
Well Glod,

The Supra-XTC is in the works! So you will be adding another new entry in a few months.
Ehh - XTC? I take it does not refer to the infamous Dutch export product. Perhaps an amp for night long dancing?
post #83 of 167
Thread Starter 
The balanced MPX3 is a fact. Despite several produced, curiously not much spoken of. As a matter of fact, I have only seen the specs of one specific example. Nevertheless, IMHO, a clear milestone in the un-official Singlepower product range. Balanced tube amplification to the people!
post #84 of 167
Thread Starter 
I think it is high time to introduce the use of adapters, then especially octal to noval (5687) "SLAM" one's, in the list. To me it seems the factory installed noval socket is on the decline in favour of the adapter. I have tried to shortly explain the SLAM designation in post #1. Please correct me if I got it wrong or was unclear.
post #85 of 167
Thread Starter 
For a modest standard MPX3, 12/6SN7GT loving, owner is the last coulple of months of development in the Singlepower range nothing short of mind boggeling! I have tried to follow all the latest developments, but I would not get surprised if I got someting wrong in the latest edits of post #1 of this thread. Please tell me, or send me a PM, with corrections.

There seems to be this Singlepower 6528 (inofficial) in its infancy as well. It certainly looks like a candidate to the list! Tell the forum about it.
post #86 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glod View Post

- Singlepower Extreme (A new, December 2006, circuit topology housed in a PPX chassis, featuring 6080 or 5998 out-put tubes. Available to non-Head-Fi'ers January 15, 2007. With different SP socket adapters**, several other driver inputs are possible: 6SL7, 6188 and 6SU7GTY; with ECC type 1 adapter: the 12AT7, 12AU7, 5814, 5965, 6414, 6829, and 7062; with ECC type 2: the 6ES8, 6DJ8, 6922; 6DJ4, 6DJ8, ECC189, ECC88, E88CC and the Osram PCC88. Another SP adapter will allow for the 5687, ECC182 and the 7119. Another adapter for the 6CG7/6FQ7 and 6GU7, and yet another for the 6350 and 6463.)
[SIZE="3"]

- Singlepower Extreme Platinum (An upgrade of SP Extreme with a Plitron transformer, Black Gate cathode capacitors and Black Gate power capacitors.)
Good work. However the tube adapters are not exclusive to the Extreme. If anything they are a part of the SP tube rolling thread or worthy of their own seperate section/notation as they are compatible with any SP amp that has an octal socket (and compatible keeping in mind the specs of the total load on the transformer and circuit).

The SP amps using 6528 tubes are in their infancy. AFAIK they are still being developed.
post #87 of 167
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PFKMan23 View Post
Good work. However the tube adapters are not exclusive to the Extreme. If anything they are a part of the SP tube rolling thread or worthy of their own seperate section/notation as they are compatible with any SP amp that has an octal socket (and compatible keeping in mind the specs of the total load on the transformer and circuit).

The SP amps using 6528 tubes are in their infancy. AFAIK they are still being developed.
Thanks. I have made some changes in the footnotes.
post #88 of 167

MPX3 Configuration

I am interested in the Singlepower MPX3. I don't have much technical experience with the various upgrades available listed on the website.

I am hoping that someone would be willing to recommend upgrades to the basic model in a bang for the buck type of order.

Right now I am projecting a budget of $1200.

I would like to get the pre amp out modification, but I am hoping that this can be added later due to buget constraints.

About my preferences: I definately prefer a tube pre that leans more towards the tube side as oppossed to the dryer SS side.

My primary source is TT/vinyl>Hageraman tube phono pre>headphone amp> Senn 580 HD (600 modded). I like the 580/600 sound, but will be experimenting with other low impedence cans. My secondary source is
Redwine iModded iPod playing lossless files.

In order of preference I listen to predominantly classic late 60's- early 70's rock, then classical chamber music, some easy listening (?? Mary Chapin Carpenter/Norah Jones, Van Morrison type stuff) and a little blues & jazz.

If this is inappropriate to this thread, let me know and I'll see if I can get it moved to its own thread.

Thanks
post #89 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldj325 View Post
I am interested in the Singlepower MPX3. I don't have much technical experience with the various upgrades available listed on the website.

I am hoping that someone would be willing to recommend upgrades to the basic model in a bang for the buck type of order.

Right now I am projecting a budget of $1200.

I would like to get the pre amp out modification, but I am hoping that this can be added later due to buget constraints.

About my preferences: I definately prefer a tube pre that leans more towards the tube side as oppossed to the dryer SS side.

My primary source is TT/vinyl>Hageraman tube phono pre>headphone amp> Senn 580 HD (600 modded). I like the 580/600 sound, but will be experimenting with other low impedence cans. My secondary source is
Redwine iModded iPod playing lossless files.

In order of preference I listen to predominantly classic late 60's- early 70's rock, then classical chamber music, some easy listening (?? Mary Chapin Carpenter/Norah Jones, Van Morrison type stuff) and a little blues & jazz.

If this is inappropriate to this thread, let me know and I'll see if I can get it moved to its own thread.

Thanks
You have a pm .... I think I can help you out.
post #90 of 167

What is a SE?

I have searched and searched and I must be blind because I know that I have seen it before.

What exactly is a SLAM SE. What are the upgrades over a standard MX3 that it includes?

From what I gather a FULL SE configuration includes:

Slam Adapters
Supra Transformer
Re-biased for 6bl7 output types
Stepped Attenuator

Is this right? What else is in a SLAM SE over a stock MPX3?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Which are the current Singlepower models?