- 929 Posts. Joined 10/2011
- Location: Bradford, PA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphones handle very fast, complex music better: Sennheiser or Grado? [and NOT just hard... Last post on 7/13/14 at 9:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser-closed Last post on 8/1/12 at 9:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Dammit, I can't decide Last post on 9/15/10 at 4:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade needed from Sennheiser HD 555's... Last post on 9/9/10 at 3:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD595 Impressions Thread Last post on 9/18/14 at 7:35am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/21/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I bought these at less than half retail on a whim from Audio Advisor, looking to replace my aging Sennheiser HD 580's. Look at the picture...these are VERY NICELY made headphones! All aluminum...
The HM5 Velours are quite simply, an uber-comfortable pad for HM5/Shure/Beyer/ATH/(most large circumaural headphones). I was offered a review sample from Brainwavz and have the following to say...
Almost 2 months with these gems. I simply love these IEMs. I paired them against my Shure SE215 and the Havi B3 Pro 1 and I briefly pit them against the UE700s and Klipsch S4II. I am definitely no...
This is my first proper set of over ears, and I'm quite surprised! The bass is fast, punchy and has enough weight to satisfy the slight basshead in me. The treble is a bit laid back for me, and I...
Trebuchet HiFiMan Balanced Cable Teflon over UP-OCC: Ultra Pure Ohno Continous Cast Copper Viablue Y Splitter Switchcraft 4 pin XLR Ordered 5 ft length So a bit of background here. I...
Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!! - Page 246post #3676 of 368211/10/14 at 2:20pmMy god I can'tbelieve iI've never heard of joni Mitchell before! . So much control, articulation and beautiful tonality. The instruments are spot on too.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3677 of 368211/11/14 at 5:14am
^^ She gets lot's attention on hdtracks and seems universally praised for the mastering. But for me, her albums just don't quite do it for me. I guess that I'm just disconnected with the music. And the mastering seems just average.post #3678 of 368211/11/14 at 8:50ampost #3679 of 368211/11/14 at 12:51pm
Even if the sound of Joni Mitchell's classic album "Blue" would suck the music would be still wonderful, To me music comes first, sound quality second.
Luckily both sound and songs are great.
I love the sound of Bettie Serveert's debut, very dry, but really natural.
Edited by Mink - 11/11/14 at 12:52pmpost #3680 of 368211/13/14 at 7:54amGoing to my first meet tomorrow and would like to take a pretty diverse selection of music and wondering if anyone could give me some suggestions of good produced music that would help show both flaws and musicality in the highs specifically.post #3681 of 368211/13/14 at 4:58pm
I have found that Joshua Redman has some well recorded stuff.
I also find That the first song in the Dave Brubeck Album, Young Lions and Old Tigers, Roy Hargrove is lovely as well. I cant find it on Youtube.
And This song from Splender I think is a great test of treble and clarity as well. I think it is well recorded with a slight treble emphasis
Edited by dudlew - 11/13/14 at 5:02pmpost #3682 of 368211/14/14 at 4:46amQuote:
The music from Flim & the BB's would probably be good for testing the musicality. I have many of their CD's and my favourite tracks for testing are:
Tricycle from the album Tricycle
Lunch Hour Wedding March from the album Tricycle
Just Another Beautiful Day from the album Neon
Street Charmer from the album Big Notes
- Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › [IC] Bryston BDA-2 Silver 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Introducing the Aurisonics Auris 1 minute ago
- › The Stax Thread III 1 minute ago
- › (FS) Sony MDR 7550 2 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 3 minutes ago
- › [IC] Bryston BDA-2 Silver 3 minutes ago
- › [IC] Bryston BDA-2 Silver 3 minutes ago
- › IEM recommendation 4 minutes ago
- › [IC] Bryston BDA-2 Silver 5 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-300 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Brainwavz HM5 Velor Memory Foam Replacements Earpads - Suitable For... by JoeDoe
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by audiobean
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic by donnot
- › Zynsonix Trebuchet HiFiMan Balanced Cable by BeatsWork
- › Mitsubishi LT-30 by Golden Ears
- › JVC HARX700 High-Grade Full-Size Headphone by ajlan
- › RHA T10i by Brooko
- › FiiO E11K by thatonenoob
- › AKG K3003 by GUO XIAOZHOU
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)