- 927 Posts. Joined 10/2011
- Location: Bradford, PA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphones handle very fast, complex music better: Sennheiser or Grado? [and NOT just hard... Last post on 7/13/14 at 9:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser-closed Last post on 8/1/12 at 9:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Dammit, I can't decide Last post on 9/15/10 at 4:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade needed from Sennheiser HD 555's... Last post on 9/9/10 at 3:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD595 Impressions Thread Last post on 9/18/14 at 7:35am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/21/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION The first I heard about RHA (or Reid Heath Acoustics) was a thread on Head-Fi calling for...
FIIO'S E11K KILIMANJARO 2 INTRODUCTION Fiio is a Chinese maker of audio equipment that has become well known for offering good gear at highly competitive prices. With a lineup of...
AKG K3003 is an important milestone in the development of IEM. It’s THE FIRST universal fit IEM that successfully combines dynamic driver and balance armature technology together. After owning them...
Had this little player for sometime now recently purchased the X1 and comparing them both im still sold on the DX50 although I still like my X1 but I still find the sound seperation on the DX50...
Disclaimer: I received this unit for review purpose as a part of the Australasian tour. The unit is owned by Paul (Brooko). Thank you for making this happen. Summary: This is the...
Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!! - Page 246post #3676 of 368211/10/14 at 2:20pmMy god I can'tbelieve iI've never heard of joni Mitchell before! . So much control, articulation and beautiful tonality. The instruments are spot on too.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3677 of 368211/11/14 at 5:14am
^^ She gets lot's attention on hdtracks and seems universally praised for the mastering. But for me, her albums just don't quite do it for me. I guess that I'm just disconnected with the music. And the mastering seems just average.post #3678 of 368211/11/14 at 8:50ampost #3679 of 368211/11/14 at 12:51pm
Even if the sound of Joni Mitchell's classic album "Blue" would suck the music would be still wonderful, To me music comes first, sound quality second.
Luckily both sound and songs are great.
I love the sound of Bettie Serveert's debut, very dry, but really natural.
Edited by Mink - 11/11/14 at 12:52pmpost #3680 of 368211/13/14 at 7:54amGoing to my first meet tomorrow and would like to take a pretty diverse selection of music and wondering if anyone could give me some suggestions of good produced music that would help show both flaws and musicality in the highs specifically.post #3681 of 368211/13/14 at 4:58pm
I have found that Joshua Redman has some well recorded stuff.
I also find That the first song in the Dave Brubeck Album, Young Lions and Old Tigers, Roy Hargrove is lovely as well. I cant find it on Youtube.
And This song from Splender I think is a great test of treble and clarity as well. I think it is well recorded with a slight treble emphasis
Edited by dudlew - 11/13/14 at 5:02pmpost #3682 of 368211/14/14 at 4:46amQuote:
The music from Flim & the BB's would probably be good for testing the musicality. I have many of their CD's and my favourite tracks for testing are:
Tricycle from the album Tricycle
Lunch Hour Wedding March from the album Tricycle
Just Another Beautiful Day from the album Neon
Street Charmer from the album Big Notes
- Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 28 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 35 seconds ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 1 minute ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 2 minutes ago
- › Westone W60 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 8 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Any good japanese Headphone amp ? 9 minutes ago
- › Earphones for motorcyclists ? 9 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 10 minutes ago
- › RHA T10i by Brooko
- › FiiO E11K by thatonenoob
- › AKG K3003 by GUO XIAOZHOU
- › iBasso DX50 DAP by AudioGG
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › Joinhandmade Jelly Ear In Ear Headphones by thatonenoob
- › Grado Statement Series GS1000i Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by MrTechAgent
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by twelvebears
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by twelvebears
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)