You made my day! I love Daughter, I can't wait to hear the one you mentioned ...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphones handle very fast, complex music better: Sennheiser or Grado? [and NOT just hard... Last post on 7/13/14 at 9:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser-closed Last post on 8/1/12 at 9:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Dammit, I can't decide Last post on 9/15/10 at 4:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade needed from Sennheiser HD 555's... Last post on 9/9/10 at 3:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD595 Impressions Thread Last post on 9/13/15 at 1:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Vibro Labs - Maya Review November 2016 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Firstly a thanks to Ejong7 & Luke Pighetti @ Vibro labs for...
The Tri-Vista 21 was a limited edition DAC sold in late 2004, early 2005. It was massively overbuilt - great power supply and output stage, and ran extremely long life 5703 milspec tubes, which are...
This headphone has a quite good sound quality for its price. Its sound is very clear, the mids and highs are well detailled. The bass is tight but some recordings sound lacking bass. It needed a...
Gratitude and greetings go out to RHA Team and @Glassmonkey - thank you so much for giving me the...
Recently got ordered these Mee AudioRunaway on-ear headphones as I had some wellness program points that were going to expire. I have had the MEE audio M-Duo Dual Dynamic Driver In-Ear Headphones...
Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!! - Page 217post #3241 of 410412/18/13 at 11:01am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3242 of 410412/18/13 at 4:37pmpost #3243 of 410412/18/13 at 9:57pmQuote:
Try Florence + the Machine's MTV Unplugged album if you liked the daughter video. Oh, and Lungs is also an excellent album.post #3244 of 410412/19/13 at 10:55pm
I have been a metal head since 81' when Maiden Japan was released. That will always be the type of music that moves me, but I am also an audiophile so I like music that is well recorded and will show any flaw in you system.post #3245 of 410412/20/13 at 12:41pm
My brother is a producer and also has a music project of his own called TaughtMe. His latest release is a remarkable recording that sounds amazing and I would be recommending it regardless of his relation to me.
You may also want to checkout his most recent release, a cover version of the Cocteau Twins' song Bluebeard:
The other "WOW" sounding music I wanted to mentioned is Jay William Henderson's album "The Sun Will Burn Our Eyes." This album was co-recorded and co-produced by my brother and Jay and I can honestly say it is one of the best sounding records I have ever heard. It was named as one of the top 10 indie roots albums of 2012 by Magnet Magazine. It is in the "country/folk" genre (don't let that scare you!) and has remarkable recording quality and absolutely amazing vocals, as always, from Jay. My brother uses DT880s in his studio when he isn't using his monitors and this seems to sound perfect on DT880s but it also sounds amazing on every headphone I've tried it on.post #3246 of 410412/20/13 at 8:45pm
A couple more songs that sound bloody great, by a band called Birds & Batteries. These are nice and upbeat and have a great vibe to them.
Edited by devhen - 12/21/13 at 8:56ampost #3247 of 410412/21/13 at 8:51ampost #3248 of 410412/22/13 at 1:11am
This one is way better in my opinion:
I'm a guitar player, so I gotta love Norah playing a Gibson SG electric geetar instead of piano!
Edited by StratocasterMan - 12/22/13 at 1:20ampost #3249 of 410412/22/13 at 2:15ampost #3250 of 410412/22/13 at 3:02amQuote:
Indeed. She is the best female vocalist working today, IMHO, and she plays electric guitar!post #3251 of 410412/22/13 at 3:55ampost #3252 of 410412/22/13 at 11:44ampost #3253 of 410412/22/13 at 11:48ampost #3254 of 410412/22/13 at 2:47pmpost #3255 of 410412/23/13 at 3:58amGregory Porter - Liquid Spirit. I implore anyone to say this doesn't sound amazing on any set up and it's some of the coolest, smoothest and honest music I've heard in recent times. Give it a go.
- Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › Best Sub-100$ CHINESE Brands EARPHONES Thread- Hidden Gems,... 1 minute ago
- › Vibro Labs Aria UK Review Tour 2 minutes ago
- › "Open Alpha" T50 3D printed headphone project from MrSpeakers 2 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 3 minutes ago
- › Grado SR325 Prestige Series For Sale, in case. 3 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Grado SR325 Prestige Series For Sale, in case. 5 minutes ago
- › Vibro Labs Maya quad armature in-ear monitors by FortisFlyer75
- › Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 DAC by davehg
- › AKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Blue by Johannus
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by Takeanidea
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi AF32 Stereo Bluetooth Wireless Headphones with... by e07015
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by dnun8086
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by MentalDraco
- › Klipsch R6m Black In Ear Headphone by 1mctous
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by Smazz
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD Black Label by glassmonkey
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear