- 1,957 Posts. Joined 3/2012
- Location: Gresham, OR - in the shadow of Mt Hood
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphones handle very fast, complex music better: Sennheiser or Grado? [and NOT just hard... Last post on 7/29/12 at 6:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser-closed Last post on 8/1/12 at 9:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Dammit, I can't decide Last post on 9/15/10 at 4:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade needed from Sennheiser HD 555's... Last post on 9/9/10 at 3:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD595 Appreciation Thread Last post on 10/29/13 at 12:47am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Yesterday
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)Last edited: 9/13/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
*Review to come*
Bought those as a portable go-to set (subway use, airplanes, travelling, etc.) and am so far very pleased. I previously used Etymotic IEM's (ER-4P and HF3) which are known for their clarity and...
http://www.head-fi.org/t/685339/new-akg-flagship-k812-first-impression/120#post_10026763 Now I correct the Google translate - I use http://www.dict.cc/ and my (small) knowledge of English I hope...
Sounds great with the modded AKG Q701. Nearly as good with that as my main amp that originally cost $350. Impressive! In fact, the Vali added nothing to the sound of the modded Q701, which is...
*I listened to the Westone 4Rs using iPhone 4S and the latest iPod Classic (6th Generation). The below sums up my listening experience from these sources only.* The Westone 4Rs fit my ears...
Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!! - Page 210post #3136 of 320911/1/13 at 12:57pmThis song was made for headphones. The whispering goes from ear to ear and not near as good on speakers.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3137 of 320911/1/13 at 9:05pmpost #3138 of 320911/2/13 at 10:41ampost #3139 of 320911/3/13 at 3:48ampost #3140 of 320911/3/13 at 10:51ampost #3141 of 320911/3/13 at 11:03ampost #3142 of 320911/4/13 at 5:03pm
And now for the single best trance album this side of the andromeda galaxy. Sasha & John Digweed - Northern Exposure.
If you can't enjoy the trance medley from 24:30 to 35:30 on disc one you officially have no soul. Sorry.
Edited by TwoEars - 11/4/13 at 5:23pmpost #3143 of 320911/4/13 at 5:29pmpost #3144 of 320911/4/13 at 5:36pmQuote:
i found it lacking and didn't enjoy it... is that bad???post #3145 of 320911/4/13 at 5:43pmpost #3146 of 320911/4/13 at 6:10pm
Yes - that is bad. You seem to have misplaced your soul.
Turn off the lights, have a beer, sit back, relax, close your eyes. Turn up the volume. Listen to it again.
Please take care not to lose it again.
More epic trance:
Edited by TwoEars - 11/4/13 at 6:41pmpost #3147 of 320911/4/13 at 6:55pmpost #3148 of 320911/4/13 at 7:20pmpost #3149 of 320911/4/13 at 7:38pmpost #3150 of 320911/4/13 at 7:44pmQuote:
hehe yeah it has some little treble daggers of bliss with some visceral bass thrown in for good measure. STS9 has a very broad range of sound, check out their more jazzy/rock stuff.
- Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › Android phones and USB DACs 2 seconds ago
- › Bluedio R+ Bluetooth 4.0 Headphones with NFC and APT-X 1 minute ago
- › GAMING & MUSIC : HD650 vs HD600 vs HD598 vs PC360 driven by Onkyo... 1 minute ago
- › December 2013 Mid-Level DAC Comparison 1 minute ago
- › Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite 1 minute ago
- › Roll Call: Who's building, built, or thinking of building a beta22? 2 minutes ago
- › Resonessence Labs Concero discussion/review thead 2 minutes ago
- › Clarification about burning-in please! 3 minutes ago
- › VA / MD / DC meet - Saturday, January 18, 2014 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › Logitech UE 6000 by HeretixAevum
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › FiiO RC-MH1 Headphone Upgrade Cable by SkyBleu
- › Sennheiser CX 175 by thesurvivor90
- › EarSonics SM2 v2 by Gilly87
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless... by warrenpchi