- 551 Posts. Joined 9/2012
- Location: Houston, TX
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphones handle very fast, complex music better: Sennheiser or Grado? [and NOT just hard... Last post on 7/13/14 at 9:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser-closed Last post on 8/1/12 at 9:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Dammit, I can't decide Last post on 9/15/10 at 4:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade needed from Sennheiser HD 555's... Last post on 9/9/10 at 3:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD595 Impressions Thread Last post on 9/13/15 at 1:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Nobody said HiFi was cheap, spending $200 dollars on HiFi doesn't get you very far these days. The AudioQuest DragonFly RED is one of those rare exceptions, I think it's the best value on the...
Preamble: A group of engineers and designers has worked as OEM developers and producers for audio products, acting in the background, until 2012, when they decided to found a...
EDIFIER M710 On-ear headphones This is the third Edifier headphones I review and it conclude a very pleasant travel in Edifier Sound world. I discover that a brand mostly know for his...
I would like to Thank Venture Electronics (VE) and Lee @zhibli06 for providing me with review samples of Monk+, Asura 2.0, and Zen 2.0 in exchange for my honest opinion. The manufacturer...
Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!! - Page 196post #2926 of 40716/24/13 at 6:33pmClassical music sounds pretty extraordinary with my HD800s on a good set-up. I would say that 19th century classical sounds particularly great, due to the very large soundstage ushered in by Beethoven. Listening to Mahler, Wagner, Brahms, Tchaikovsky, Dvorak, and others sound so great when you really need that giant soundstage.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2927 of 40716/24/13 at 6:49pmpost #2928 of 40716/25/13 at 2:56amQuote:
Really?! I suppose art is, by definition, subjective, but I thought the more modern, pop-oriented direction was a welcome change. I also love 11 out of the 12 songs on there (and still like "Say Goodbye" - just find the simplistic, staccato drums and bass a bit distracting and annoying).post #2929 of 40716/25/13 at 6:25amQuote:Originally Posted by Jamesy1969
Really?! I suppose art is, by definition, subjective, but I thought the more modern, pop-oriented direction was a welcome change. I also love 11 out of the 12 songs on there (and still like "Say Goodbye" - just find the simplistic, staccato drums and bass a bit distracting and annoying).
It's still good...it just did nothing for me.post #2930 of 40716/26/13 at 1:58pmpost #2931 of 40716/27/13 at 12:53amMy June trance mix that was aired yesterday on Trance.FM. Download link can be found at the bottom of this page:
http://www.trance.fm/#/tracks//23362-dj_lifted_andreas_on_trancefm_laser_kissed_vibes_047_jun_26_2013-12.htmlpost #2932 of 40716/27/13 at 10:03pmpost #2933 of 40716/28/13 at 5:20ampost #2934 of 40716/28/13 at 5:43ampost #2935 of 40716/28/13 at 3:57pmpost #2936 of 40716/28/13 at 5:00pmQuote:
Hahaha, if it was the other way around, it would just be a thread about the most forgiving headphones (HD 650 anyone?) and not a thread about brilliantly mastered and composed works of art that that sound amazing even using iBuds.post #2937 of 40716/28/13 at 5:13pmQuote:
My point is just that the headphone should serve the music, and that the music should not primarily serve to make the headphone sound as good as possible. The aim is to get to the core of the music. Maybe they're just two sides of the same coin - a well-recorded, well-mastered track is in the service of the music rather than the equipment. I don't think that's arguable.post #2938 of 40716/29/13 at 11:37am
My Trance guest mix for Carl O's Trance & Progressive show on Radio Deeside (UK).
01. Pervading Call - Destiny (Ace's Delight Mix)
02. Phalanx - I'm Alive (DJ Manian Remix)
03. Tube Tonic - Try (DJ Space Raven Remix)
04. DJ X-Sonic & Ray - The Hymn of Nautilus 2001 (Marc n Ace Remix)
05. Airfire feat. Talla 2XLC - No Signs 2006 (Ace Da Brain Edition)
06. Costa Pantazis - Folie A Deux (Original Mix)post #2939 of 40716/29/13 at 6:47pmSteely Dan Aja vinyl press from 1977, played on a 1983 turntable into a Pioneer Spec1/Spec2 rack system into a pair of full MarkL modded D2000.......the drum solos gave me chills.post #2940 of 40716/30/13 at 7:28am
- Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Band Name Game II 33 seconds ago
- › ☯️ CAVALLI AUDIO ➜ Liquid Carbon Final Production Run! 52 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones -... 1 minute ago
- › OPPO PM-3 Portable Planar Magnetic Headphones Loaner Program 1 minute ago
- › xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED! 1 minute ago
- › Brief Odac impressions 1 minute ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 3 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK100II (2nd Gen) ~ LIKE NEW 4 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 4 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by Stereocilia
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by HiFiChris
- › Edifier M710 On-Ear Headphones with Mic and Volume Control - Red by Nymphonomaniac
- › HIFIMAN Edition X Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphones by kendetamas
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by twister6
- › Tingo TC200 Earbuds by zhouharvey
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by WonWesleyChoi
- › AKG K712 Pro by WonWesleyChoi
- › Meze 99 Classics by FUYU
- › Zorloo ZuperDAC by Zelda
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse