- 541 Posts. Joined 9/2012
- Location: Houston, TX
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphones handle very fast, complex music better: Sennheiser or Grado? [and NOT just hard... Last post on 7/13/14 at 9:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser-closed Last post on 8/1/12 at 9:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Dammit, I can't decide Last post on 9/15/10 at 4:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade needed from Sennheiser HD 555's... Last post on 9/9/10 at 3:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD595 Impressions Thread Last post on 5/8/15 at 2:05am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I have been searching best headphone(for me not for everyone I'm sorry) last half year. Now I found Sennheiser HD600/650 is one of best headphone for classical music and for me. I bought around...
I would like to start with saying thank you to Brainwavz and Pandora for letting me check out the Brainwavz Jive. The Brainwavz Jive is available from...
SOUNDMAGIC E50S IN EAR MONITOR REVIEW Firstly, like to thank SoundMAGIC for supplying the E50S Review unit Features and Design The E50S is the latest in ear monitor from SoundMAGIC....
My initial impressions of this headphone were good, but it has taken a week for me of careful listening to really appreciate their qualities and purpose. Ultimately, I love these headphones and...
Overview, design and build: The CKR10 is currently the flagship dynamic driver earphones from Audio Technica. I bought it used from another Head-Fi user. Packaging and accesories are simple but...
Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!! - Page 196post #2926 of 38896/24/13 at 6:33pmClassical music sounds pretty extraordinary with my HD800s on a good set-up. I would say that 19th century classical sounds particularly great, due to the very large soundstage ushered in by Beethoven. Listening to Mahler, Wagner, Brahms, Tchaikovsky, Dvorak, and others sound so great when you really need that giant soundstage.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2927 of 38896/24/13 at 6:49pmpost #2928 of 38896/25/13 at 2:56amQuote:
Really?! I suppose art is, by definition, subjective, but I thought the more modern, pop-oriented direction was a welcome change. I also love 11 out of the 12 songs on there (and still like "Say Goodbye" - just find the simplistic, staccato drums and bass a bit distracting and annoying).post #2929 of 38896/25/13 at 6:25amQuote:Originally Posted by Jamesy1969
Really?! I suppose art is, by definition, subjective, but I thought the more modern, pop-oriented direction was a welcome change. I also love 11 out of the 12 songs on there (and still like "Say Goodbye" - just find the simplistic, staccato drums and bass a bit distracting and annoying).
It's still good...it just did nothing for me.post #2930 of 38896/26/13 at 1:58pmpost #2931 of 38896/27/13 at 12:53amMy June trance mix that was aired yesterday on Trance.FM. Download link can be found at the bottom of this page:
http://www.trance.fm/#/tracks//23362-dj_lifted_andreas_on_trancefm_laser_kissed_vibes_047_jun_26_2013-12.htmlpost #2932 of 38896/27/13 at 10:03pmpost #2933 of 38896/28/13 at 5:20ampost #2934 of 38896/28/13 at 5:43ampost #2935 of 38896/28/13 at 3:57pmpost #2936 of 38896/28/13 at 5:00pmQuote:
Hahaha, if it was the other way around, it would just be a thread about the most forgiving headphones (HD 650 anyone?) and not a thread about brilliantly mastered and composed works of art that that sound amazing even using iBuds.post #2937 of 38896/28/13 at 5:13pmQuote:
My point is just that the headphone should serve the music, and that the music should not primarily serve to make the headphone sound as good as possible. The aim is to get to the core of the music. Maybe they're just two sides of the same coin - a well-recorded, well-mastered track is in the service of the music rather than the equipment. I don't think that's arguable.post #2938 of 38896/29/13 at 11:37am
My Trance guest mix for Carl O's Trance & Progressive show on Radio Deeside (UK).
01. Pervading Call - Destiny (Ace's Delight Mix)
02. Phalanx - I'm Alive (DJ Manian Remix)
03. Tube Tonic - Try (DJ Space Raven Remix)
04. DJ X-Sonic & Ray - The Hymn of Nautilus 2001 (Marc n Ace Remix)
05. Airfire feat. Talla 2XLC - No Signs 2006 (Ace Da Brain Edition)
06. Costa Pantazis - Folie A Deux (Original Mix)post #2939 of 38896/29/13 at 6:47pmSteely Dan Aja vinyl press from 1977, played on a 1983 turntable into a Pioneer Spec1/Spec2 rack system into a pair of full MarkL modded D2000.......the drum solos gave me chills.post #2940 of 38896/30/13 at 7:28am
- Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › New jvc ha fr202v extreme explosives iems 53 seconds ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Any other headphones with HD 600 sized earcups? 1 minute ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 1 minute ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Headphone Unveiled Today 3 minutes ago
- › iFi Launch competition – guess the upcoming new product! 3 minutes ago
- › Review: CEntrance DACport Slim DAC/Amp Combo 4 minutes ago
- › Shanling M2 DAP 4 minutes ago
- › Cardas Clear Headphone Cable 5 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Pokemonn
- › Brainwavz Jive by peter123
- › SoundMAGIC E50S In Ear Isolating Earphones with Microphone - RED by pformagg
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by Malfunkt
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by ezekiel77
- › SMSL sApII Pro by DaveLT
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by abyatar
- › Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio Portable Vacuum Tube Headphone Amplifier by AnakChan
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by areek
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by acain
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2