- 537 Posts. Joined 9/2012
- Location: Houston, TX
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphones handle very fast, complex music better: Sennheiser or Grado? [and NOT just hard... Last post on 7/13/14 at 9:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser-closed Last post on 8/1/12 at 9:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Dammit, I can't decide Last post on 9/15/10 at 4:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade needed from Sennheiser HD 555's... Last post on 9/9/10 at 3:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD595 Impressions Thread Last post on 9/18/14 at 7:35am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I Background, gear used and manifesto I first got interested in the ECP Black Diamond around the time of its release. I was in the market for a “flagship” amp but still didn’t know what type of...
FiiO Mont Blanc for IEM When you pick up the Mont Blanc you feel like you have something substantial in your hand. Not that is is overly heavy, no, it is conveys the impression that this thing...
I borrowed these from a friend as a trial and I can see why he likes them, unfortunately I do not. Let me elaborate on this as it's no justification at all to dismiss these earphone because I...
My main review is here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/752588/review-earwerkz-supra-the-universal-custom-in-ear-monitor. This will house the TL;DR version: From the comfort, custom-like fit,...
Couldn't find much on the internet about these, so I took the plunge. Pros: Nice aesthetics Solid build quality Cheaper than Bose equivalent, looks and feels nicer,...
Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!! - Page 196post #2926 of 37566/24/13 at 6:33pmClassical music sounds pretty extraordinary with my HD800s on a good set-up. I would say that 19th century classical sounds particularly great, due to the very large soundstage ushered in by Beethoven. Listening to Mahler, Wagner, Brahms, Tchaikovsky, Dvorak, and others sound so great when you really need that giant soundstage.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2927 of 37566/24/13 at 6:49pmpost #2928 of 37566/25/13 at 2:56amQuote:
Really?! I suppose art is, by definition, subjective, but I thought the more modern, pop-oriented direction was a welcome change. I also love 11 out of the 12 songs on there (and still like "Say Goodbye" - just find the simplistic, staccato drums and bass a bit distracting and annoying).post #2929 of 37566/25/13 at 6:25amQuote:Originally Posted by Jamesy1969
Really?! I suppose art is, by definition, subjective, but I thought the more modern, pop-oriented direction was a welcome change. I also love 11 out of the 12 songs on there (and still like "Say Goodbye" - just find the simplistic, staccato drums and bass a bit distracting and annoying).
It's still good...it just did nothing for me.post #2930 of 37566/26/13 at 1:58pmpost #2931 of 37566/27/13 at 12:53amMy June trance mix that was aired yesterday on Trance.FM. Download link can be found at the bottom of this page:
http://www.trance.fm/#/tracks//23362-dj_lifted_andreas_on_trancefm_laser_kissed_vibes_047_jun_26_2013-12.htmlpost #2932 of 37566/27/13 at 10:03pmpost #2933 of 37566/28/13 at 5:20ampost #2934 of 37566/28/13 at 5:43ampost #2935 of 37566/28/13 at 3:57pmpost #2936 of 37566/28/13 at 5:00pmQuote:
Hahaha, if it was the other way around, it would just be a thread about the most forgiving headphones (HD 650 anyone?) and not a thread about brilliantly mastered and composed works of art that that sound amazing even using iBuds.post #2937 of 37566/28/13 at 5:13pmQuote:
My point is just that the headphone should serve the music, and that the music should not primarily serve to make the headphone sound as good as possible. The aim is to get to the core of the music. Maybe they're just two sides of the same coin - a well-recorded, well-mastered track is in the service of the music rather than the equipment. I don't think that's arguable.post #2938 of 37566/29/13 at 11:37am
My Trance guest mix for Carl O's Trance & Progressive show on Radio Deeside (UK).
01. Pervading Call - Destiny (Ace's Delight Mix)
02. Phalanx - I'm Alive (DJ Manian Remix)
03. Tube Tonic - Try (DJ Space Raven Remix)
04. DJ X-Sonic & Ray - The Hymn of Nautilus 2001 (Marc n Ace Remix)
05. Airfire feat. Talla 2XLC - No Signs 2006 (Ace Da Brain Edition)
06. Costa Pantazis - Folie A Deux (Original Mix)post #2939 of 37566/29/13 at 6:47pmSteely Dan Aja vinyl press from 1977, played on a 1983 turntable into a Pioneer Spec1/Spec2 rack system into a pair of full MarkL modded D2000.......the drum solos gave me chills.post #2940 of 37566/30/13 at 7:28am
- Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › *Official Schiit Magni/Modi 2 ( Uber ) Thread* 9 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 20 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 29 seconds ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 37 seconds ago
- › NVX XPT100 (HM5 clone) - nonexistent bass, tinny and artificial... 1 minute ago
- › Clear, balanced open-back headphones for under $300 1 minute ago
- › Why most of the old recordings ae 24bit and the new are 16bit? 1 minute ago
- › Music City Meet #2 -- Fall 2014 -- Pics & Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Westone 4 Appreciation Thread and Reviews (a.k.a. Westone 4 ?) 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by serman005
- › ecp audio Black Diamond by Schopenhauer
- › FiiO E12 Mont Blanc by jamato8
- › JVC HA-FX750 Wood Dome Unit Earphone by dnun8086
- › EarWerkz Supra by moedawg140
- › House of Marley - LEGEND ANC by White Lotus
- › Audio Technica S700BT by ironicinori
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by mark2410
- › DUNU DN-12 Trident by Ghoulcow
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by acain
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)