- 551 Posts. Joined 9/2012
- Location: Houston, TX
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphones handle very fast, complex music better: Sennheiser or Grado? [and NOT just hard... Last post on 7/13/14 at 9:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser-closed Last post on 8/1/12 at 9:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Dammit, I can't decide Last post on 9/15/10 at 4:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade needed from Sennheiser HD 555's... Last post on 9/9/10 at 3:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD595 Impressions Thread Last post on 9/13/15 at 1:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
First of all, I'd like to thank Burson Audio for giving me this opportunity. I really mean it. Secondly, this is my first review what so ever so please bear that in mind :) . I got home one...
Inside the box Besides the headphone's being neatly folded inside of the box, they give you an manual and two cables. The first cable is an USB cable which is used to charge the battery inside of...
For larger images - please click individual photosINTRODUCTIONThis was the 2nd round of the HifiMan review tour of the two new DAPs in their portfolio. I posted the review of the SuperMini earlier...
Linking Mart/Agptek kindly sent me their latest Lossless Media player for review. External Features The first thing that strikes you about this player is its sheer weight and feeling of solidity...
Over the past few weeks I have tried out quite a few over-ear bluetooth headphones in a mad search for the ‘ultimate’ bluetooth headphone. I have tried the Bose QC35’s, V-Moda Crossfade Wireless...
Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!! - Page 196post #2926 of 41046/24/13 at 6:33pmClassical music sounds pretty extraordinary with my HD800s on a good set-up. I would say that 19th century classical sounds particularly great, due to the very large soundstage ushered in by Beethoven. Listening to Mahler, Wagner, Brahms, Tchaikovsky, Dvorak, and others sound so great when you really need that giant soundstage.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2927 of 41046/24/13 at 6:49pmpost #2928 of 41046/25/13 at 2:56amQuote:
Really?! I suppose art is, by definition, subjective, but I thought the more modern, pop-oriented direction was a welcome change. I also love 11 out of the 12 songs on there (and still like "Say Goodbye" - just find the simplistic, staccato drums and bass a bit distracting and annoying).post #2929 of 41046/25/13 at 6:25amQuote:Originally Posted by Jamesy1969
Really?! I suppose art is, by definition, subjective, but I thought the more modern, pop-oriented direction was a welcome change. I also love 11 out of the 12 songs on there (and still like "Say Goodbye" - just find the simplistic, staccato drums and bass a bit distracting and annoying).
It's still good...it just did nothing for me.post #2930 of 41046/26/13 at 1:58pmpost #2931 of 41046/27/13 at 12:53amMy June trance mix that was aired yesterday on Trance.FM. Download link can be found at the bottom of this page:
http://www.trance.fm/#/tracks//23362-dj_lifted_andreas_on_trancefm_laser_kissed_vibes_047_jun_26_2013-12.htmlpost #2932 of 41046/27/13 at 10:03pmpost #2933 of 41046/28/13 at 5:20ampost #2934 of 41046/28/13 at 5:43ampost #2935 of 41046/28/13 at 3:57pmpost #2936 of 41046/28/13 at 5:00pmQuote:
Hahaha, if it was the other way around, it would just be a thread about the most forgiving headphones (HD 650 anyone?) and not a thread about brilliantly mastered and composed works of art that that sound amazing even using iBuds.post #2937 of 41046/28/13 at 5:13pmQuote:
My point is just that the headphone should serve the music, and that the music should not primarily serve to make the headphone sound as good as possible. The aim is to get to the core of the music. Maybe they're just two sides of the same coin - a well-recorded, well-mastered track is in the service of the music rather than the equipment. I don't think that's arguable.post #2938 of 41046/29/13 at 11:37am
My Trance guest mix for Carl O's Trance & Progressive show on Radio Deeside (UK).
01. Pervading Call - Destiny (Ace's Delight Mix)
02. Phalanx - I'm Alive (DJ Manian Remix)
03. Tube Tonic - Try (DJ Space Raven Remix)
04. DJ X-Sonic & Ray - The Hymn of Nautilus 2001 (Marc n Ace Remix)
05. Airfire feat. Talla 2XLC - No Signs 2006 (Ace Da Brain Edition)
06. Costa Pantazis - Folie A Deux (Original Mix)post #2939 of 41046/29/13 at 6:47pmSteely Dan Aja vinyl press from 1977, played on a 1983 turntable into a Pioneer Spec1/Spec2 rack system into a pair of full MarkL modded D2000.......the drum solos gave me chills.post #2940 of 41046/30/13 at 7:28am
- Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Grado Fan Club! 27 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 1 minute ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 1 minute ago
- › Bowers&Wilkins new flagship the P9! 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD700 3 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 4 minutes ago
- › ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF 4 minutes ago
- › best headphone for 90$ 5 minutes ago
- › IBasso Audio IT03 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth! 5 minutes ago
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by killerline
- › Over Ear Headphone Shareme 4.1 Bluetooth Foldable Headsets with... by genclaymore
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by Brooko
- › AGPTek H01 HiFi MP3 Player with Volume Knob &2.4 Inch HD... by Peddler
- › V-MODA Crossfade Wireless Over-Ear Headphone - Rouge by Peddler
- › Zorloo ZuperDAC by peter123
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM In-Ear by Obery
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by Delance26
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by d8n0g
- › Bluedio T3 Plus (Turbine 3rd) Wireless Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo... by mark2410
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...