- 540 Posts. Joined 9/2012
- Location: Houston, TX
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphones handle very fast, complex music better: Sennheiser or Grado? [and NOT just hard... Last post on 7/13/14 at 9:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser-closed Last post on 8/1/12 at 9:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Dammit, I can't decide Last post on 9/15/10 at 4:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade needed from Sennheiser HD 555's... Last post on 9/9/10 at 3:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD595 Impressions Thread Last post on 5/8/15 at 2:05am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
DUNU TITAN 1 - QUICK REVIEW photos taken from the internet Specifications Driver: 13mm Titanium Diaphragm Dynamic Driver Impedance:16Ω Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency:...
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
My review is based on the loaner pair that Oppo sent to me as part of their PM3 loaner program. My gratitude to Oppo for giving me this opportunity to demo their product. Oppo is known for...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My introduction to DUNU Topsound (18 months ago) was with their triple hybrid DN-1000,...
Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!! - Page 196post #2926 of 38446/24/13 at 6:33pmClassical music sounds pretty extraordinary with my HD800s on a good set-up. I would say that 19th century classical sounds particularly great, due to the very large soundstage ushered in by Beethoven. Listening to Mahler, Wagner, Brahms, Tchaikovsky, Dvorak, and others sound so great when you really need that giant soundstage.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2927 of 38446/24/13 at 6:49pmpost #2928 of 38446/25/13 at 2:56amQuote:
Really?! I suppose art is, by definition, subjective, but I thought the more modern, pop-oriented direction was a welcome change. I also love 11 out of the 12 songs on there (and still like "Say Goodbye" - just find the simplistic, staccato drums and bass a bit distracting and annoying).post #2929 of 38446/25/13 at 6:25amQuote:Originally Posted by Jamesy1969
Really?! I suppose art is, by definition, subjective, but I thought the more modern, pop-oriented direction was a welcome change. I also love 11 out of the 12 songs on there (and still like "Say Goodbye" - just find the simplistic, staccato drums and bass a bit distracting and annoying).
It's still good...it just did nothing for me.post #2930 of 38446/26/13 at 1:58pmpost #2931 of 38446/27/13 at 12:53amMy June trance mix that was aired yesterday on Trance.FM. Download link can be found at the bottom of this page:
http://www.trance.fm/#/tracks//23362-dj_lifted_andreas_on_trancefm_laser_kissed_vibes_047_jun_26_2013-12.htmlpost #2932 of 38446/27/13 at 10:03pmpost #2933 of 38446/28/13 at 5:20ampost #2934 of 38446/28/13 at 5:43ampost #2935 of 38446/28/13 at 3:57pmpost #2936 of 38446/28/13 at 5:00pmQuote:
Hahaha, if it was the other way around, it would just be a thread about the most forgiving headphones (HD 650 anyone?) and not a thread about brilliantly mastered and composed works of art that that sound amazing even using iBuds.post #2937 of 38446/28/13 at 5:13pmQuote:
My point is just that the headphone should serve the music, and that the music should not primarily serve to make the headphone sound as good as possible. The aim is to get to the core of the music. Maybe they're just two sides of the same coin - a well-recorded, well-mastered track is in the service of the music rather than the equipment. I don't think that's arguable.post #2938 of 38446/29/13 at 11:37am
My Trance guest mix for Carl O's Trance & Progressive show on Radio Deeside (UK).
01. Pervading Call - Destiny (Ace's Delight Mix)
02. Phalanx - I'm Alive (DJ Manian Remix)
03. Tube Tonic - Try (DJ Space Raven Remix)
04. DJ X-Sonic & Ray - The Hymn of Nautilus 2001 (Marc n Ace Remix)
05. Airfire feat. Talla 2XLC - No Signs 2006 (Ace Da Brain Edition)
06. Costa Pantazis - Folie A Deux (Original Mix)post #2939 of 38446/29/13 at 6:47pmSteely Dan Aja vinyl press from 1977, played on a 1983 turntable into a Pioneer Spec1/Spec2 rack system into a pair of full MarkL modded D2000.......the drum solos gave me chills.post #2940 of 38446/30/13 at 7:28am
- Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Raspberry Pi2 as Music Server? 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 1 minute ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 2 minutes ago
- › Mr Speakers Ether 2 minutes ago
- › [Review] Yulong D200 3 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN EF6 110V Amplifier Barely Used Mint! 3 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-A15 vs FiiO X1 3 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 3 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Tube Rolling Guide 6SN7/6AS7G/6080/5998 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2