Use headphones to listen to your music. Don't use music to listen to your headphones.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphones handle very fast, complex music better: Sennheiser or Grado? [and NOT just hard... Last post on 7/13/14 at 9:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser-closed Last post on 8/1/12 at 9:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Dammit, I can't decide Last post on 9/15/10 at 4:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade needed from Sennheiser HD 555's... Last post on 9/9/10 at 3:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD595 Impressions Thread Last post on 9/13/15 at 1:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I've had the pleasure of listening to most of DUNU Topsound's hybrid earphones (DN1000, 2000...
Read the full review here! http://www.head-fi.org/t/809194/review-t-peos-rasiel
you'll hear what the musicians wanted their music to be sounded like. Well-balanced. Design is not so good as my friend's jh 13 but he had repaired his connector twice. only bad thing is that the...
I am a big fan of overachieving gear of any kind. What I mean by overachieving is the “they sound way too good for the price” factor. This is a highly subjective mindset because the worth of...
Full review of the Asura 2, Zen 2 & Duke here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/809154/review-venture-electronics-ve-asura-2-0-zen-2-0-duke-a-new-path-to-high-end-sound Sound: The...
Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!! - Page 165
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2462 of 407511/30/12 at 11:57am
Trentemoller's Last Resort sounds very good. It's also superbly mastered; great uniformity throughout the cd.
Jimpster's Amour is fantastically recorded as well. So clear and peaceful, just lovely.post #2463 of 407511/30/12 at 11:58amQuote:
Most people here are probably mentioning stuff from the collection they already own and enjoy that they noticed sounded particularly good. Don't see anything wrong with that, or with the topic, for that matter :).post #2464 of 407512/1/12 at 5:37amQuote:Originally Posted by Saewulf
I could go on for days about this, but the following is in heavy rotation at the moment: (genre - artist - title)
Classical - Couperin - Lecons de Tenebres: If you like organs and sopranos, I think you will love this.
Chill out music - Emancipator - Nevergreen: I think the entire album ("Safe in steep cliffs") is amazing, but Nevergreen is my favorite track.
More chill out Music - Beats Antique - The Lantern: Much like above, The entire album ("Tribal Derivations") is amazing, but this track really blows me away.
Yet more chill out music - Portishead - Strangers/Wandering Star/Glory Box: I really couldn't pick a favorite Portishead track, but these three are epic to me.
Folk/Country - The Civil Wars - Barton Hollow: I would not say I'm generally a country and folk fan, but I'm a huge fan of very talented musicians and vocalists. I fell in love with this duo after I bought my Grados.
Industrial - Frontline Assembly - Evil Playground: Flavour of the Weak (album): Pretty much anything BIll Leeb does is amazing, but this is a treat to listen to with top end gear.
Cheesy Pop Garbage - Taylor Swift - Safe and Sound: Hey! Don't judge, bro. I love this song... T_T
Club music - David Guetta - Titanium: Sia's vocals make this track epic.
The Civil Wars are brilliant. Ready for another release from them!!post #2465 of 407512/1/12 at 12:11pmpost #2466 of 407512/1/12 at 2:31pmpost #2467 of 407512/1/12 at 3:30pmpost #2468 of 407512/1/12 at 6:13pmpost #2469 of 407512/1/12 at 6:25pmpost #2470 of 407512/1/12 at 10:37pmpost #2471 of 407512/2/12 at 11:33am
This sounds awesome on the HE-400 Check out the rest of the album too if you like industrial music.
Oh and something completely different but beautiful
Edited by spittis - 12/2/12 at 2:48pmpost #2472 of 407512/2/12 at 2:02pmpost #2473 of 407512/2/12 at 11:58pmpost #2474 of 407512/3/12 at 6:54am
Yep, it also helps that the KEXP recordings on youtube are generally quite good. You should check their channel to see if there are more bands you like there.
- Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 13 seconds ago
- › MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd... 14 seconds ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 30 seconds ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 34 seconds ago
- › I picked up my K7XX and something was rattling inside them... 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 3 minutes ago
- › DAP Challenge Chart (Including 26 Portable Sources, the BIT Opus 1... 3 minutes ago
- › On a mission to like jazz 5 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-2002 by Brooko
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by kimvictor
- › Westone ES 5 by Xu Tianyi
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by Aornic
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by Zelda
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Zen V2 by Zelda
- › Venture Electronics (VE) the Duke by Zelda
- › Hisoundaudio HSA-H200 Pro by mark2410
- › Brainwavz Hooka by Wokei
- › FiiO RM1 Bluetooth Remote Controller by kdub
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...