Use headphones to listen to your music. Don't use music to listen to your headphones.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphones handle very fast, complex music better: Sennheiser or Grado? [and NOT just hard... Last post on 7/13/14 at 9:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser-closed Last post on 8/1/12 at 9:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Dammit, I can't decide Last post on 9/15/10 at 4:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade needed from Sennheiser HD 555's... Last post on 9/9/10 at 3:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD595 Impressions Thread Last post on 9/13/15 at 1:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
-Introduction- HifiMe is a company that specializes in building bare-bones DAC with no frills, focusing entirely on price-to-performance ratios. That’s a good thing for audiophiles on a budget,...
-Introduction- It’s not often I have the chance to review products as high-end as the ZMF x Vibro MK II. I approached Zach in July, and asked for a loaner unit. One wasn’t readily available...
Firstly, many thanks to iFi for the loan of this amp. I am not affiliated with iFi, just a regular Head-Fi addict to happens to be lucky enough to get loan units now and again from the generous iFi...
The Grado SR80i presents everything very nicely, almost romantic, you can hear everything, until you start comparing. Its not the most detailed, however it is very transparent. Its soundstage is...
Acknowledgment Thanks Arcam of Cambridge for including me in the UK tour in exchange for my honest opinion.IntroductionThe more I look at the audio industry, the more amazed I am at the number of...
Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!! - Page 165
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2462 of 410111/30/12 at 11:57am
Trentemoller's Last Resort sounds very good. It's also superbly mastered; great uniformity throughout the cd.
Jimpster's Amour is fantastically recorded as well. So clear and peaceful, just lovely.post #2463 of 410111/30/12 at 11:58amQuote:
Most people here are probably mentioning stuff from the collection they already own and enjoy that they noticed sounded particularly good. Don't see anything wrong with that, or with the topic, for that matter :).post #2464 of 410112/1/12 at 5:37amQuote:Originally Posted by Saewulf
I could go on for days about this, but the following is in heavy rotation at the moment: (genre - artist - title)
Classical - Couperin - Lecons de Tenebres: If you like organs and sopranos, I think you will love this.
Chill out music - Emancipator - Nevergreen: I think the entire album ("Safe in steep cliffs") is amazing, but Nevergreen is my favorite track.
More chill out Music - Beats Antique - The Lantern: Much like above, The entire album ("Tribal Derivations") is amazing, but this track really blows me away.
Yet more chill out music - Portishead - Strangers/Wandering Star/Glory Box: I really couldn't pick a favorite Portishead track, but these three are epic to me.
Folk/Country - The Civil Wars - Barton Hollow: I would not say I'm generally a country and folk fan, but I'm a huge fan of very talented musicians and vocalists. I fell in love with this duo after I bought my Grados.
Industrial - Frontline Assembly - Evil Playground: Flavour of the Weak (album): Pretty much anything BIll Leeb does is amazing, but this is a treat to listen to with top end gear.
Cheesy Pop Garbage - Taylor Swift - Safe and Sound: Hey! Don't judge, bro. I love this song... T_T
Club music - David Guetta - Titanium: Sia's vocals make this track epic.
The Civil Wars are brilliant. Ready for another release from them!!post #2465 of 410112/1/12 at 12:11pmpost #2466 of 410112/1/12 at 2:31pmpost #2467 of 410112/1/12 at 3:30pmpost #2468 of 410112/1/12 at 6:13pmpost #2469 of 410112/1/12 at 6:25pmpost #2470 of 410112/1/12 at 10:37pmpost #2471 of 410112/2/12 at 11:33am
This sounds awesome on the HE-400 Check out the rest of the album too if you like industrial music.
Oh and something completely different but beautiful
Edited by spittis - 12/2/12 at 2:48pmpost #2472 of 410112/2/12 at 2:02pmpost #2473 of 410112/2/12 at 11:58pmpost #2474 of 410112/3/12 at 6:54am
Yep, it also helps that the KEXP recordings on youtube are generally quite good. You should check their channel to see if there are more bands you like there.
- Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › IEM Recommendations $60-$100 2 seconds ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 15 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 15 seconds ago
- › FS: UERR - Ultimate Ears Reference Remastered 36 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › HeadRoom Ultra Micro DAC 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 3 minutes ago
- › HiFime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC by Cinder
- › ZMF Headphones x Vibro MK II by Cinder
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Turrican2
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Bloos
- › Arcam rHead - Discrete True-linear Class-A Analogue Headphone... by glassmonkey
- › Cayin iHA-6 by Dillan
- › Cayin iDAC-6 by Dillan
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by harry501501
- › TY Hi-Z 32ohm HiFi Earbuds Earphone by Himpedance
- › RHA MA750i by meetpatel3686
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...