Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphones handle very fast, complex music better: Sennheiser or Grado? [and NOT just hard... Last post on 7/13/14 at 9:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser-closed Last post on 8/1/12 at 9:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Dammit, I can't decide Last post on 9/15/10 at 4:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade needed from Sennheiser HD 555's... Last post on 9/9/10 at 3:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD595 Impressions Thread Last post on 3/23/15 at 4:40am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The Philips Fidelio X2 are my favorite of all the headphones I have listened so far, except the LCD3, for a few reasons. I have a few headphones (Blue Mo-Fi, HD800, HD650, HD598, HD558, Urbanite On...
A Brief Review of the FiiO X3 2nd Generation DAP with Comparisons to the Xuelin iHiFi 800. Firstly, I would like to thank Mr. James Chung for allowing this preview of FiiO’s new X3...
Hello all in Head Fi community. This is my first ever review in this forum.I am not an expert in reviewing so I will only use very simple term or definition to convey my message. I just received...
My colleague owns a pair of HD 580. Their sound is very versatile, bass and highs are extended perfectly. Despite that, extreme ends never flood the mids. Whatever you listen to, they will not let...
This review is for Aurisonics Rockets in ears, a little about me I am 38 years old and have been into hi-res audio since I was in middle school. I don't consider myself an audiophile like many on...
Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!! - Page 162post #2416 of 379611/18/12 at 8:14pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2417 of 379611/18/12 at 10:13pmpost #2418 of 379611/18/12 at 10:25pmpost #2419 of 379611/18/12 at 11:48pm
Great thread guys. I read quite a few of the pages and got some great suggestions. I want to also say that Damien Rice album O is absolutely stunning on my HE-500s. Truly a masterwork of recording and mixing.
Some other stuff I enjoy:
Anything from Solar Fields. If you haven't heard anything from him, check out:
-Sombrero (Absolute masterpiece)
-Discoveringpost #2420 of 379611/18/12 at 11:53pm
Artist: The Cruxshadows
Genre: Not sure. A very nice mixture of many things.
These guys... their recording is absolutely perfect. EVERYTHING has a tactile place in the recording. Even the synths are tactile. A tactile synth... it's almost unbelievable.post #2421 of 379611/19/12 at 12:34am
Some alphabetical picks from my playlist that I really enjoy listening. They all sound great:
ACDC - Fire Your Guns
Acker Bilk - Stranger On The Shore
Adele - Set Fire To The Rain
Tony Bennett - I Wanna Be Around
Buddy Guy - Rememberin' Stevie
Dave Matthews Band - Gravedigger
Jeff Beck - Blanket (with Imogen Heap)
Leonard Cohen - Ain't No Cure For Love
Mark Knopfler - Why Aye Man
Michael Bublè - Me And Mrs. Jones
Michael Jackson - Come Together
Nickel Creek - When In Rome
Ryan Adams - Dirty Rain
Queen - A Kind Of Magic
Santana - Game Of Love (with Tina Turner)
Otis Taylor - My Soul's In Louisiana
Steely Dan - Home At Last
Stevie Ray Vaughan - Tin Pan Alley
Sting - Desert Rose
Toto - I Will Remember
Peter Gabriel - Sledgehammerpost #2422 of 379611/19/12 at 3:16pmpost #2423 of 379611/20/12 at 1:53ampost #2424 of 379611/20/12 at 6:48ampost #2425 of 379611/20/12 at 5:21pmpost #2426 of 379611/20/12 at 10:35pmpost #2427 of 379611/20/12 at 10:41pmpost #2428 of 379611/21/12 at 5:46ampost #2429 of 379611/21/12 at 10:09am
- Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › New Grace Design m920 DAC/amp with DSD decoding 30 seconds ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 35 seconds ago
- › KingSound KS-H3? 1 minute ago
- › Why the Beats Hate? 1 minute ago
- › Unique Melody Mentor debut in Tokyo e-earphone festival 2 minutes ago
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 2 minutes ago
- › Yuin PK1 2 minutes ago
- › PS1000 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › DC Area Head-Fi Meet - George Mason Regional Library - SUNDAY.... 3 minutes ago
- › AURALiC owners unite! 3 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by SonicSedi
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by jdog
- › ZERO AUDIO-ear stereo headphone carbo Basso ZH-DX210-CB by AzimAkbar
- › Sennheiser HD540 Reference Headphones by homesicalien
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Bose® IE2 audio headphones by Sarurururu
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by Ruwetuin
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by mark2410
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2