Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphones handle very fast, complex music better: Sennheiser or Grado? [and NOT just hard... Last post on 7/13/14 at 9:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser-closed Last post on 8/1/12 at 9:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Dammit, I can't decide Last post on 9/15/10 at 4:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade needed from Sennheiser HD 555's... Last post on 9/9/10 at 3:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD595 Impressions Thread Last post on 4/10/15 at 6:02am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
First and foremost, I have experience with several different headphones, namely much of the Ultrasone series (Pro 900, Pro 750), Denon D2000, D5000, and Fostex TH600. I mainly deal with closed back...
The housing has a rounder shape then the vsd3/5 and i much prefer it this way. While the shape and looks is simple, it does not feel very cheap. The diamond cut shape on the vsd3/5 seems a little...
This review is for Master & Dynamic MH30 over the ear. My name is Adam I am a 38 years old headphone and iem collector. I don't consider myself an audiophile but have been into music and audio...
This little player can take a beating. I am not careful with this device and I've dropped it many times on all types of surfaces and it keeps going. I have had my player for nearly 3 years now and...
I've always looked into "budget-fi" since I've got more interested in proper headphones thus making me get the CALs, Takstar Pro 80s and now the Somic MH463. I will be doing some direct comparisons...
Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!! - Page 162post #2416 of 382811/18/12 at 8:14pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2417 of 382811/18/12 at 10:13pmpost #2418 of 382811/18/12 at 10:25pmpost #2419 of 382811/18/12 at 11:48pm
Great thread guys. I read quite a few of the pages and got some great suggestions. I want to also say that Damien Rice album O is absolutely stunning on my HE-500s. Truly a masterwork of recording and mixing.
Some other stuff I enjoy:
Anything from Solar Fields. If you haven't heard anything from him, check out:
-Sombrero (Absolute masterpiece)
-Discoveringpost #2420 of 382811/18/12 at 11:53pm
Artist: The Cruxshadows
Genre: Not sure. A very nice mixture of many things.
These guys... their recording is absolutely perfect. EVERYTHING has a tactile place in the recording. Even the synths are tactile. A tactile synth... it's almost unbelievable.post #2421 of 382811/19/12 at 12:34am
Some alphabetical picks from my playlist that I really enjoy listening. They all sound great:
ACDC - Fire Your Guns
Acker Bilk - Stranger On The Shore
Adele - Set Fire To The Rain
Tony Bennett - I Wanna Be Around
Buddy Guy - Rememberin' Stevie
Dave Matthews Band - Gravedigger
Jeff Beck - Blanket (with Imogen Heap)
Leonard Cohen - Ain't No Cure For Love
Mark Knopfler - Why Aye Man
Michael Bublè - Me And Mrs. Jones
Michael Jackson - Come Together
Nickel Creek - When In Rome
Ryan Adams - Dirty Rain
Queen - A Kind Of Magic
Santana - Game Of Love (with Tina Turner)
Otis Taylor - My Soul's In Louisiana
Steely Dan - Home At Last
Stevie Ray Vaughan - Tin Pan Alley
Sting - Desert Rose
Toto - I Will Remember
Peter Gabriel - Sledgehammerpost #2422 of 382811/19/12 at 3:16pmpost #2423 of 382811/20/12 at 1:53ampost #2424 of 382811/20/12 at 6:48ampost #2425 of 382811/20/12 at 5:21pmpost #2426 of 382811/20/12 at 10:35pmpost #2427 of 382811/20/12 at 10:41pmpost #2428 of 382811/21/12 at 5:46ampost #2429 of 382811/21/12 at 10:09am
- Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 52 seconds ago
- › The All new FiiO X1, 192K/24B, PCM5142 DAC and 100mW output with LO... 1 minute ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 1 minute ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma sucks) 2 minutes ago
- › DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . Lurker0 FW Mod... 2 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 2 minutes ago
- › Pebble Steel 3 minutes ago
- › Skeptico Saloon: An Objectivist Joint 3 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by sarora
- › VSONIC VSD 2S by Arvan
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by acain
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by kite7
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by weirdek
- › Chord Hugo by FortisFlyer75
- › Technics RP-DH1200 DJ Headphones by Johannus
- › Bravo Audio S1 Class A Deluxe Headphone Amplifier with Op-amp by YoYo JoKeR
- › MEElectronics A151P Gen.2 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by YoYo JoKeR
- › PSB M4U 1 by squee116
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2