Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!! - Page 161

post #2401 of 3564

 

 

 


Edited by Kreyson - 11/13/12 at 8:48pm
post #2402 of 3564

Harold Mabern - I've Gotta Be Me (Jazz)

Dir en grey - Amon (Metal)

post #2403 of 3564
post #2404 of 3564

post #2405 of 3564

Jeremy Soule - "The Charr Triumphant" from the Guild Wars 2 soundtrack:

post #2406 of 3564

darthsmile.gif

post #2407 of 3564

Still working out the stuff that makes my Amperiors shine.  

I've found Infected Mushroom's newest album makes these feel pretty awesome.  Especially this song.  These things are what the Beats Solos should be, but likely won't. 

post #2408 of 3564

post #2409 of 3564

I used to be such a huge fan on Infected Mushroom. BP Empire, Classical Mushroom, Converting Vegetarians were some of the best and most unique music EVER. But ever since Vicious Delicious and now their newer albums, it seems like their trying to sound more like everyone else. Ohh the good old days...

 

 

OMG this is just nuts. No more unfortunately.

 

 

Damn....

 


Edited by Tony6225 - 11/14/12 at 5:50pm
post #2410 of 3564
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony6225 View Post

I used to be such a huge fan on Infected Mushroom. BP Empire, Classical Mushroom, Converting Vegetarians were some of the best and most unique music EVER. But ever since Vicious Delicious and now their newer albums, it seems like their trying to sound more like everyone else. Ohh the good old days...

 

 

OMG this is just nuts. No more unfortunately.

 

 

Damn....

 

 

You said it all. They decided to change their core sound to something that simply isn't pleasing, at least compared to what they originally did. What a disappointment Army of Mushrooms was. But I wholeheartedly agree that BP Empire, Classical Mushroom and Converting Vegetarians were very good albums.

 

They certainly did impressive things (original audio has surpriding dynamics):

post #2411 of 3564
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roller View Post

 

You said it all. They decided to change their core sound to something that simply isn't pleasing, at least compared to what they originally did. What a disappointment Army of Mushrooms was. But I wholeheartedly agree that BP Empire, Classical Mushroom and Converting Vegetarians were very good albums.

 

They certainly did impressive things (original audio has surpriding dynamics):

For sure. They moved to America and wanted to become mainstream and make big dollars doing it. Sad to say but they kinda sold out in the process. They went from throwing giant raves that played till 4am to little mini rock concerts with a guitar player and drummer (completely ruining their sound) that lasted 1 hour. I drove all the way to Pittsburgh to see those guys play for an hour and the club was emptied out by 10:30.

post #2412 of 3564
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony6225 View Post

For sure. They moved to America and wanted to become mainstream and make big dollars doing it. Sad to say but they kinda sold out in the process. They went from throwing giant raves that played till 4am to little mini rock concerts with a guitar player and drummer (completely ruining their sound) that lasted 1 hour. I drove all the way to Pittsburgh to see those guys play for an hour and the club was emptied out by 10:30.

 

I always had that nagging feeling that it might've been something like that, but for some reason I kept pushing that thought away. Seems I was mistaken... I admit I was curious about listening to one of their performances over the US but after your description, that's off the table.

 

A couple of different artists, within the same genre:

post #2413 of 3564
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldsen View Post

 

That's why i love this thread. Would never have come across this on my own.

 

Amazing recordings. So many textures. I don't listen to rap or jazz usually, but i really dig this souly-jazzy-rappy-funky mix!

Ditto

post #2414 of 3564

This is a brilliantly recorded jazz album and absolutely worth a listen. Terence Blanchard: Let's Get Lost.  He is a trumpet player and he features some solo pieces and then teams up with Cassandra Wilson, Diana Krall and a few others. Definitely wow!

post #2415 of 3564

The entire "Something for Everyone" album by Devo.

 

That is some seriously problematic lyrics.

 

I love it so.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!!