Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphones handle very fast, complex music better: Sennheiser or Grado? [and NOT just hard... Last post on 7/13/14 at 9:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser-closed Last post on 8/1/12 at 9:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Dammit, I can't decide Last post on 9/15/10 at 4:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade needed from Sennheiser HD 555's... Last post on 9/9/10 at 3:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD595 Impressions Thread Last post on 9/13/15 at 1:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/3/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Used Schiit Modi & Magni with car sim racing game with Sennheiser HD 598 headphones. Unfortunately, Modi died after 2+ years. Thought warranty was 5 years but found out the hard way it's only 2...
These are *fantastic* for the price. Compared side by side to some old Sennheiser MX500s, that cost at least 4x as much, the Monk+ absolutely wipes the floor - they are hugely superior. Warm...
Acknowledgment Thanks, @Andykong at Cayin, and @Takeanidea for organizing the UK wing of the worldwide extravaganza of i5 tour. It is always an honour to work with great companies and dear...
Introductory word They say that once you go black.... yeah. This is quite self-explanatory. And behold, black iFi Audio product emerged. I can only say - finally. Cheers to 'em English folks....
Company 64 Audio (former 1964 Ears) is a well-known maker of top-level multidriver IEMs. They are offering a big range of models, but the most attractive feature of their earphones is APEX...
Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!! - Page 160post #2386 of 411111/8/12 at 9:24pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2387 of 411111/9/12 at 12:23ampost #2388 of 411111/9/12 at 10:21pmpost #2389 of 411111/9/12 at 11:18pmpost #2390 of 411111/10/12 at 2:37pm
Giving Starcraft2 - Wings of Liberty soundtrack a spin. Sounds so good on the HE-400! Such a great production really. Symphony, distortion guitars, acoustic guitars, keyboards, harmonicas, electronic. It's got such a wide range.post #2391 of 411111/10/12 at 11:07pm
These are specifically my Sennhesier 598s.
Atom Heart Mother Suite- Pink Floyd
Echos- Pink Floyd
Also I've just discovered that Tool is working rather well with these. The way these headphones present the vocals and instrument placement... Hell yeah.post #2392 of 411111/10/12 at 11:12pmQuote:
I've been waiting for someone to mention Tool. They're pretty darn good.post #2393 of 411111/11/12 at 12:18ampost #2394 of 411111/11/12 at 8:55pmHere's something with a hint of an ethereal quality.
It blends modern percussions with a traditional Japanese instrument (shamisen).
The interplay of old and new is interesting, and it is an absolute ear candy on the HD-650.
DJ Krush – "Beyond Raging Waves"
This next one is in Skyfall, when Shanghai is first set.
Starts off with a woodwind solo of that familiar theme.
More instruments come in and finally starts to build frenetically to establish the grandeur of modern Shanghai.
Similar to "Beyond Raging Waves" in that it combines modern orchestral arrangments with exotic beats and a traditional instrument.
Thomas Newman – "Brave New World"
Edited by mikenike - 11/11/12 at 8:58pmpost #2395 of 411111/12/12 at 11:52ampost #2396 of 411111/12/12 at 1:14pmQuote:
The entire Dark Side of The Moon CD by Pink Floyd. Not a huge Pink Floyd fan but wow, it's really a trip. I highly reccomend listening to it from start to finish.post #2397 of 411111/13/12 at 2:52pmpost #2398 of 411111/13/12 at 5:50pmpost #2399 of 411111/13/12 at 8:13pm
- Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › iTunes vs the world! (AAC quality?) 33 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF 1 minute ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz hm9 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › crinacle's FR measurement database (150 IEMs measured) 3 minutes ago
- › New Zealand Headphone Meet MK II, 2015 Ed. 3 minutes ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by snapacap
- › Schiit Modi by Tim Updegrove
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by spronkey
- › Cayin i5 by glassmonkey
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by 00lunar
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by cleg
- › qdc Balanced armature type (BA type) 3SH （QDC-4024） by prismstorm
- › Sangdo Headset Mic for Sony MH EX300AP L36H L36I C6603 LT26II LT28H... by Griffith
- › Denon AH-D600 by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by theminstrel
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear