Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!! - Page 152

post #2266 of 3563

I haven't tried out Animal Collective yet, thanks for reminding me. 

post #2267 of 3563

The whole album Kinetik by Phutureprimitive, one of the very best recordings I have ever listened to, certainly for headphones. Here is a YouTube video clip. His other album Sub Conscious from 2004 is also stunning. Both albums can be downloaded from his website in FLAC format for $10. easil the best album purchases for the money I have made in many years.

 

post #2268 of 3563

post #2269 of 3563

Some that tickle me in a special place and remind me why audio quality matters so much:

 

 

Ballaké Sissoko & Vincent Segal -- Chamber Music    [beautifully recorded, mesmerizing music]

 

Joanna Newsom -- The Milk-Eyed Mender    [the harp, the space, lovely]

 

Amon Tobin -- Foley Room    [buzzes around my head, manic sense of space]

 

Björk -- Vespertine    [the music boxes, dynamics, vocal subtleties]

 

Portishead -- Third    [definitely not for everyone... gritty]

 

The Places -- Songs for Creeps    [Lo-Fi in a very, very good way... again, not for everyone]

 

Sigur Rós -- Ágaetis Byrjun; ( )    [lush, dynamic]

 

 

It seems I'm most tickled by artful use of the sound stage, transients, textures, dynamics, atmosphere, and space...

post #2270 of 3563

Emmylou Harris- Live at the Ryman "Lodi"

post #2271 of 3563
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewy4 View Post

I haven't tried out Animal Collective yet, thanks for reminding me. 


They have many great tracks, you can start with My Girls, an recording engineering artifact!

post #2272 of 3563
Quote:
Originally Posted by ames View Post

Some that tickle me in a special place and remind me why audio quality matters so much:

 

 

Ballaké Sissoko & Vincent Segal -- Chamber Music    [beautifully recorded, mesmerizing music]

 

Joanna Newsom -- The Milk-Eyed Mender    [the harp, the space, lovely]

 

Amon Tobin -- Foley Room    [buzzes around my head, manic sense of space]

 

Björk -- Vespertine    [the music boxes, dynamics, vocal subtleties]

 

Portishead -- Third    [definitely not for everyone... gritty]

 

The Places -- Songs for Creeps    [Lo-Fi in a very, very good way... again, not for everyone]

 

Sigur Rós -- Ágaetis Byrjun; ( )    [lush, dynamic]

 

 

It seems I'm most tickled by artful use of the sound stage, transients, textures, dynamics, atmosphere, and space...

 

Interesting! I'll check these out.

post #2273 of 3563

Paul McCartney & Freelance Hellraiser -- Twin Freaks

 

This is some of McCartney's lesser known songs from the 70s and 80s remixed in collaboration with Freelance Hellraiser but its not typical McCartney style music. Very busy and dynamic, it takes a really good headphone to resolve everything all at once without sounding congested. On my HD600s its amazing and the best they've sounded to me since I got them despite having listened to A LOT of really great albums the last few months. Even on Grooveshark, which typically sounds highly compressed to me, Twin Freaks sounds bloody great thru the 600s. In fact, this album is recorded really well and sounds pretty good on most anything but every time I listen to it in one of my other headphones I end up reaching for the HD600s. Its amazing to me how accurate and airy they are with this record despite how much is going on. My other headphones can't quite produce it all without losing some stuff in the congestion. My 770s probably could if the bass wasn't overpowering and the mids recessed. The 600s stay very airy with great instrument separation and perfect accuracy, even at very loud volumes which is the ideal way to listen to this record. ;)

 

http://grooveshark.com/#!/album/Twin+Freaks/7753988

http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/twin-freaks/id518181394?uo=4

https://play.google.com/store/music/album/Paul_McCartney_Twin_Freaks?id=Bezo22iu3trleqqh4z4pdxtzpfy

post #2274 of 3563

with my Denon D2000's I listened to Air - Love 2, specifically African Velvet or Missing the Light of Day.  

 

This combination blew me away!  I couldn't decide if the headphones made the songs epic or if the songs made the headphones hit new levels, i suppose it is both.  

post #2275 of 3563

I like going on cosmic adventures with my PRO 900's....man do they eat these songs up. The PRO 900's are defined by these tracks alone. I present to you my three favorite DnB artists

MitiS, Xilent, Rameses B

 


Edited by SIDWULF - 10/11/12 at 12:18am
post #2276 of 3563

 

 

post #2277 of 3563

Not a song - but a trailer for a game... I'm not a gamer, but I can see/hear why a good sound system is a must for gamers these days. Definitely a huge departure from the wacka/wacka pac-man fever generation. Check it out!

 

 

(if preview not showing here's the link to assassin's creed III HQ trailer)


Edited by talisman42 - 10/11/12 at 6:44pm
post #2278 of 3563

It's has been quite enjoyable watching EDM evolve over the years...my favorite genre for awhile now has been liquid DnB...much love for it

 

 

And who doesn't like undulating fractals? nature displays these patterns to varying degrees on a finite scale... smile.gif


Edited by SIDWULF - 10/11/12 at 7:01pm
post #2279 of 3563

 

One of the most amazing pieces ive heard lately.. incredible

post #2280 of 3563
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIDWULF View Post

It's has been quite enjoyable watching EDM evolve over the years...my favorite genre for awhile now has been liquid DnB...much love for it

 

 

And who doesn't like undulating fractals? nature displays these patterns to varying degrees on a finite scale... smile.gif

 

Aww, where's the rest of it? In any case, nice track beerchug.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!!