Nothing beats CD's. I know the convenience of downloading mp3's, etc, but being able to rip at your own quality, play anywhere and have the tangible item is hard to beat.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphones handle very fast, complex music better: Sennheiser or Grado? [and NOT just hard... Last post on 7/29/12 at 6:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser-closed Last post on 8/1/12 at 9:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Dammit, I can't decide Last post on 9/15/10 at 4:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade needed from Sennheiser HD 555's... Last post on 9/9/10 at 3:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD595 Appreciation Thread Last post on 2/15/13 at 12:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Edited on 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaEdited on 1/6/13
I used to be sure that I am not a basshead. My favorite IEMs for the longest time were RE-0, my favorite headphones were (and still are) various variations of ATH "sweet treble" sound signature,...
It's exactly what it says it is. I've tried some pretty incredibly expensive DAPs - Honestly, in my opinion, a lot of them just add colouration, or EQ, or look pretty. Some of them do perform...
Jazz sounds real good on these. Classic music sounds pretty clear, like when the violin is playing and stuff. Vocals sound pretty good. 80's sound vibrant. dubstep/hardstyle, sounds...
No other headphone has surprised me in the manner that the Tactic 3D managed to. I originally purchased them because I needed headphones to do a Skype interview, and I wanted something...
Let me begin by saying there is nothing special about these headphones. My first impression of them made me smile because I fell in love with the oral shaped ear cups (I'm a sucker for "small"...
Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!! - Page 151post #2251 of 291310/8/12 at 7:48am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2252 of 291310/8/12 at 9:12ampost #2253 of 291310/8/12 at 10:50amQuote:
I agree completely :)post #2254 of 291310/8/12 at 1:22pmQuote:
As do I.post #2255 of 291310/8/12 at 2:03pm
Though from a cost, convenience, and consitancy standpoint CD's win. Ripping CD's to lossless on your computer is about the best thing you can do.
Edited by RushNerd - 10/8/12 at 2:04pmpost #2256 of 291310/8/12 at 2:17pmQuote:
Yeah, with used CD's being so darn cheap it's really a good time to stock up. I got many great cd's in the last month for around $3 each shipped.post #2257 of 291310/8/12 at 6:29pmYppah's music. He is one of the most amazing musicians. He has a wide variety of sounds from hip-hop to rock to downtempo to glitch and ambient. His music really does a good job putting my HD800s to work and the HD800s shine every second of it.post #2258 of 291310/8/12 at 6:56pmQuote:
+10post #2259 of 291310/8/12 at 6:58pmQuote:
Yppah is indeed awesome.post #2260 of 291310/8/12 at 9:16pmpost #2261 of 291310/8/12 at 11:23pmQuote:post #2262 of 291310/8/12 at 11:37pmpost #2263 of 291310/9/12 at 12:45ampost #2264 of 291310/9/12 at 5:29pmpost #2265 of 291310/9/12 at 5:42pm
- Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Unique Melody Miracle 6-BA CIEM Review 9 seconds ago
- › Fiio X3 Thread. Full review:... 11 seconds ago
- › Head-Fidentification! 50 seconds ago
- › Frogbeats Custom-IEM Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › DNA Sonett 2 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl who is now 30! ~ Part 2 3 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread 4 minutes ago
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 4 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 5 minutes ago
- › Hisoundaudio Wooduo 2 by iern
- › Apple iPod classic 160 GB Silver (7th Generation) NEWEST MODEL by jensy
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by dietcoke2am
- › Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D Sigma USB Gaming Headset by imagic
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by David Chavez
- › iBasso DX100 Reference DAP by Poetic
- › Razer Tiamat 7.1 by helmutssss
- › Sony Xperia S Black by TheBrutux168
- › Xonar U7 - 7.1 USB-Soundkarte by pietcux
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by Landon Watson
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe