Nothing beats CD's. I know the convenience of downloading mp3's, etc, but being able to rip at your own quality, play anywhere and have the tangible item is hard to beat.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphones handle very fast, complex music better: Sennheiser or Grado? [and NOT just hard... Last post on 7/13/14 at 9:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser-closed Last post on 8/1/12 at 9:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Dammit, I can't decide Last post on 9/15/10 at 4:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade needed from Sennheiser HD 555's... Last post on 9/9/10 at 3:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD595 Impressions Thread Last post on 5/8/15 at 2:05am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I have tried the JBL Synchros line of s300, s500, and s700. As it turns out, the low end model sounds the best to me. These are on ear design, cups are about 3 inches wide. Headband and yokes are...
These are easy to use and pair quickly with your device. The sound quality - lows, mids, and highs are excellent provided a good seal with the ear. Good bluetooth range, battery life, and comfort....
USED Shure E5, 425, 535 EX1000 is a good start to have a taste of pro sound. Islation is not that good when music isnt playing.
got one bad connection and replaced. But still you have to carry it carefully. Sound quality definitely improved.
Setting buttons easily to get clicked if you hand helding it. USB connection plug or jack is better than mico USB kind. For similar price, there are better, smaller one in the...
Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!! - Page 151post #2251 of 388910/8/12 at 7:48am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2252 of 388910/8/12 at 9:12ampost #2253 of 388910/8/12 at 10:50amQuote:
I agree completely :)post #2254 of 388910/8/12 at 1:22pmQuote:
As do I.post #2255 of 388910/8/12 at 2:03pm
Though from a cost, convenience, and consitancy standpoint CD's win. Ripping CD's to lossless on your computer is about the best thing you can do.
Edited by RushNerd - 10/8/12 at 2:04pmpost #2256 of 388910/8/12 at 2:17pmQuote:
Yeah, with used CD's being so darn cheap it's really a good time to stock up. I got many great cd's in the last month for around $3 each shipped.post #2257 of 388910/8/12 at 6:29pmYppah's music. He is one of the most amazing musicians. He has a wide variety of sounds from hip-hop to rock to downtempo to glitch and ambient. His music really does a good job putting my HD800s to work and the HD800s shine every second of it.post #2258 of 388910/8/12 at 6:56pmQuote:
+10post #2259 of 388910/8/12 at 6:58pmQuote:
Yppah is indeed awesome.post #2260 of 388910/8/12 at 9:16pmpost #2261 of 388910/8/12 at 11:23pmQuote:post #2262 of 388910/8/12 at 11:37pmpost #2263 of 388910/9/12 at 12:45ampost #2264 of 388910/9/12 at 5:29pmpost #2265 of 388910/9/12 at 5:42pm
- Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › PS1000 Impressions Thread 15 seconds ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 1 minute ago
- › Review: RIVA Turbo X High Performance Premium Mobile Bluetooth... 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...(previously 6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype) 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 3 minutes ago
- › Project Sunrise/PS2 Tube Rolling Thread (and maybe even Project... 3 minutes ago
- › Music City Meet, 4th Edition -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2015... 3 minutes ago
- › AUDEZE LCD XC 4 minutes ago
- › Sony Xperia Z3 Audio Quality 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 4 minutes ago
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Calyx Audio PaT Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier - Gold by nmatheis
- › Pioneer HRM-7 Professional Studio Headphones by grizzlybeast
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2