Nothing beats CD's. I know the convenience of downloading mp3's, etc, but being able to rip at your own quality, play anywhere and have the tangible item is hard to beat.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphones handle very fast, complex music better: Sennheiser or Grado? [and NOT just hard... Last post on 7/13/14 at 9:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser-closed Last post on 8/1/12 at 9:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Dammit, I can't decide Last post on 9/15/10 at 4:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade needed from Sennheiser HD 555's... Last post on 9/9/10 at 3:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD595 Impressions Thread Last post on 9/13/15 at 1:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/3/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
These headphones are much recommended online as a relatively cheap introduction into the world of high fidelity. They are functional and do not excessively grab attention visually. They are...
A very good DAC and headphone AMP for the price. A clear improvement in sound quality from my laptop for headphones, even ones that already sounded good, this gives a much cleaner,clearer and more...
This is my first really good quality Digital Audio Player. I have used a range of Audiophile headphones on it. If you're used to digital Sony Walkmans of days gone by you will recognize the simple,...
My favorite pair of headphones, and considering I own the Sennheiser HD598s, that is saying something. They look fantastic, very stylish indeed, they are extremely comfortable, infact the ear pads...
These are okay headphones if you can get them for a cheap price (sub £90 ) but probably aren't worth any more than that. Their build quality is solid, despite all the plastic used, and they can be...
Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!! - Page 151post #2251 of 411110/8/12 at 7:48am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2252 of 411110/8/12 at 9:12ampost #2253 of 411110/8/12 at 10:50amQuote:
I agree completely :)post #2254 of 411110/8/12 at 1:22pmQuote:
As do I.post #2255 of 411110/8/12 at 2:03pm
Though from a cost, convenience, and consitancy standpoint CD's win. Ripping CD's to lossless on your computer is about the best thing you can do.
Edited by RushNerd - 10/8/12 at 2:04pmpost #2256 of 411110/8/12 at 2:17pmQuote:
Yeah, with used CD's being so darn cheap it's really a good time to stock up. I got many great cd's in the last month for around $3 each shipped.post #2257 of 411110/8/12 at 6:29pmYppah's music. He is one of the most amazing musicians. He has a wide variety of sounds from hip-hop to rock to downtempo to glitch and ambient. His music really does a good job putting my HD800s to work and the HD800s shine every second of it.post #2258 of 411110/8/12 at 6:56pmQuote:
+10post #2259 of 411110/8/12 at 6:58pmQuote:
Yppah is indeed awesome.post #2260 of 411110/8/12 at 9:16pmpost #2261 of 411110/8/12 at 11:23pmQuote:post #2262 of 411110/8/12 at 11:37pmpost #2263 of 411110/9/12 at 12:45ampost #2264 of 411110/9/12 at 5:29pmpost #2265 of 411110/9/12 at 5:42pm
- Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 3 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › New England (Mass, NH, Maine, etc) Winter Meet 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 3 minutes ago
- › European Headphone Temporary Trading Club (Wanna try cans for... 4 minutes ago
- › Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor (DAP | USB DAC | USB Transport... 5 minutes ago
- › KRK Rokit 6 g3 studio monitors sound improvement question 5 minutes ago
- › DX200 Details of design, features and specifications on 1st page. ... 6 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by theminstrel
- › FiiO E17 by theminstrel
- › Sony NWZ-A15 Walkman Video MP3 Player (16GB) - Black by theminstrel
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by theminstrel
- › Shure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black) by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 449 Headphones by theminstrel
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by FortisFlyer75
- › AXGIO Dash Wireless Earbuds Cordless Running Jogging Bluetooth... by pkshiu
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by heliosphann
- › Beyerdynamic T5p Second Generation Audiophile Headphones by crabdog
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear