Which Paul Simon? I was looking at getting Graceland.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphones handle very fast, complex music better: Sennheiser or Grado? [and NOT just hard... Last post on 7/13/14 at 9:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser-closed Last post on 8/1/12 at 9:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Dammit, I can't decide Last post on 9/15/10 at 4:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade needed from Sennheiser HD 555's... Last post on 9/9/10 at 3:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD595 Appreciation Thread Last post on 7/4/14 at 1:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
First, I’d like to thank the folks at Narmoo for providing a sample of their R1M earphones for review. In recent years, the IEM market has sort of exploded, seeing a number of established...
I work with Trance music most ... Before The New released update 3.0 for the thing i wasn't really satisfied with its quality of sound in trance ...but the update Changed everything ,EVERYthing...
T-PEOS is at it again… this time with the intention of pleasing the consumer market by offering an excellent sounding earphone without breaking the bank. The Altone 200 is the latest 3-way...
This amp has really sound quality , neutral side and wide soundstage . It could have a little more bass with bass boost switch but no complains here since i do prefer a neutral sound to get the...
This is an amazing ultra portable amp. I paid 99$ for it and couldn't be happier. Sound This amp has one of the best soundstage i've heard for this price , if not the best. The soundstage can...
Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!! - Page 113post #1681 of 35415/28/12 at 12:06am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1682 of 35415/28/12 at 12:35ampost #1683 of 35415/28/12 at 12:45ampost #1684 of 35415/28/12 at 2:17ampost #1685 of 35415/28/12 at 5:09ampost #1686 of 35415/28/12 at 7:27amI got Graceland, but it seems to be the 2004 remastered version, not the 2010 version that was suggested. I also picked up So Beautiful, So What.
The Alice in Chains is just... Wow.
You can really hear that acoustic bass.post #1687 of 35415/28/12 at 8:06ampost #1688 of 35415/28/12 at 8:12ampost #1689 of 35415/28/12 at 8:12ampost #1690 of 35415/28/12 at 10:44am
Some songs I like with my Pro DJ 100s
Blink 182 : Stay Together for the Kids
Nirvana : Lithium
Alice in Chains : Angry Chair
Rise Against : Hero of War
Lindsey Stirling : Shadows
Seether : Fake it
Soundgarden : Black Hole Sun
Those and many more. I really like 90s grunge and I like punk to
Edit: I just looked up and saw some Alice in Chains fans! There one of my favorite bands, right now I'm learning "I Stay Away" and "Man in a box" on my guitars.
Edited by Youngblood - 5/28/12 at 10:47ampost #1691 of 35415/28/12 at 11:09am
I bought a R10 recently and I re-listen all my Lp's and try to select the best audios recordings ever to enjoy the R10 and make the magical show ! It will not be entire LP's, just tracks, and sometimes, I will put appreciation or some fun details I've noticed ! Of course I try to be short about the tracks because each time I could write a book haha...
Ok, let's go for some titles (they are too much I can talk about), I can complete on demand my perfect playlist for the R10., it is not on the order of quality, I considere all are greaaat ! :)
Eagles - Hell Freezes Over [SHM-CD]
Wooooaw. With the R10, you are sitting in the concert. The clappings are REAL, SO REAL, guitares are amazingly real, and the voice is just so natural. Soundstage is perfectly balanced. Maybe the best track to test a headphone for the soundstage.
Eric Clapton - Unplugged - DDD
Of course, this one is entirely great like Hell Freezes Over. Soundstage is perfectly balanced thru the R10. Just on some tracks, you can hear a "buzzz" probably due to an electric problem. It is corrected from the middle of the record. Even there is this minor problem, I think this record is an perfect LP to test any hifi system, any headphones.
The Doobie Brothers - Toulouse Street - MFSL REMASTERING
Listen to the music
Incredible soundstage. Very rich 3D sound.
for the amazing stereo effect with the guitar at 00:10s and all the crispy details you can hear. Soundstage again of course.
Anyway, all the LP is amazing to discover with a good headphone.
BECK - Sea Change - SACD version or MFSL mastering
Sounds huge and crispy, but all the tracks on this one are just AMAZING !
The Rolling Stones - Singles collection - SACD or DSD CD
Sympathy for the devil - Soundstage is amazing.
Something funny : you can hear a girl talking and laughing on the background from 00:15 to 00:20 and sometimes you can hear people's breathing and talking. That's very funny and you can understand why when you have seend the Jean Luc Godard Movie Sympathy for the devil where you can see the recording session. It is like live. Drums are just amazing anyway.
This master is hissing a bit, that's sad... With the R10, and probably other good headphones, you can discover that lot of recording of this time are a bit hissing ...But the guitars are just outstanding and drums are very well sounding on the stage.
David Bowie - Ziggy Stardust and the spiders from Mars - SACD or DSD CD
Of course, this one is huge. The production is over the top. Recording is probably on of the best sounding ever but these tracks are better for me with the R10 :
Rock & Roll Suicide
All are really breath taking.
David Bowie - The man who sold the wold
The man who sold the world
Amazing soundstage, huge 3D sound, the David's voice sounds just outstanding. Instruments are real. So real.
Lou Reed - Transformer - Original Album Classic Box - RCA - STEREO
Ok, each time I listen this song with the R10, It is like a private concert. I can hear all the emotion on the Lou's voice, it seems so shy... And the violins on the background are just magical. What can I say about the Piano ?... No word. Emotion.
Walk on the wild side
All the track sounds great and so good balanced but you can notice the
Saxophone incredibly warm and smooth.
Chris Isaak - Best Of
Wicked Game and Blue Hotel
Usually forgotten amazing tracks for their perfect sound quality, spectacular stereo effect, and of course, the Chris' voice, just great.
A pure travel on a perfect beach with a perfect girl (like the movie clip of Wicked Game :D)
I will not talk about Dark Side of The moon, because everybody know :D
There are of course lot of other records, and lot of them are already on this thread, but that ones are amazing if you like pop/rock music and headphones, but I am pretty sure you know all already :)
Next time, I will talk about jazz (Coltrane, Davis, pawnshop...etc), sould and classic music...But Just one AMAZING record in Jazz :
The Dave Brubeck Quartet - Time Out (1959) - SONY 2010 EDITION ORIGINAL MASTER 360 SOUND
Ok boys and girls, this is ONE OF THE MOST PERFECT record I ever hear from the time, 1959. Period.
Take Five sounds like it has been recorded yesterday. King of Blue, released the same year sounds great but has a hissing. Time out has a hissing too, but very very minor and the clarity is better, far better on the drums, it is TERRIFIC.
Edited by Modwright01 - 5/31/12 at 1:44ampost #1692 of 35415/28/12 at 3:22pmpost #1693 of 35415/28/12 at 9:22pm
Someone a few pages back recommended Lateralus by Tool. I had a few of their songs, but this CD is really great. It's not overpowering like some of the other hard rock or metal I have. Everything is clear. It's not super muddled.
If you're into stuff like Tool, you should check it out.
S-post #1694 of 35415/29/12 at 7:47pm
I'm new here (and new to headphones--starting out with the Panasonic RP-HTX7), so here goes (individual songs in no particular order):
Bloc Party - Ares
Bloc Party - Signs
Doves - Satellites (the "drums" are actually the band stomping and clapping in a studio)
Massive Attack - Tear Drop
Zero 7 - In the Waiting Line
Air - Universal Traveler (or just about any song on "Talkie Walkie")
Animal Collective - My Girls
Hidden Orchestra - Antiphon (and the entire album "Night Walks")
Incubus - Summer Romance (Anti-Gravity Love Song)
Xavier Rudd - Footprint
- Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 41 seconds ago
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Designed. Phase 2: SmartPower how, why and what it... 1 minute ago
- › LAMPIZATOR THREAD COMMENTS REVIEWS TUNING 4 minutes ago
- › IC: Neco Soundlabs V3 Portable Amp (AUS) 4 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 5 minutes ago
- › Help!!!!! Icon Audio mkII Hp8 vs Woo Audio WA6 6 minutes ago
- › URGENT! -- Looking for a SENNHEISER HD 25! 6 minutes ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 7 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 - over the ear headphones 9 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. FW:1.085 . . . . 9 minutes ago
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › T-Peos Altone200 by d marc0
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp by shak85
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by cel4145
- › TDK BA200 by Ch1Kn
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Xyrium
- › Fischer Audio Silver Bullets by AlfredKeppler
- › Questyle Co.,ltd CMA800 amplifier by project86
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)