Which Paul Simon? I was looking at getting Graceland.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphones handle very fast, complex music better: Sennheiser or Grado? [and NOT just hard... Last post on 7/29/12 at 6:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser-closed Last post on 8/1/12 at 9:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Dammit, I can't decide Last post on 9/15/10 at 4:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade needed from Sennheiser HD 555's... Last post on 9/9/10 at 3:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD595 Appreciation Thread Last post on 10/29/13 at 12:47am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Today
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)Last edited: 9/13/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
*Review to come*
Bought those as a portable go-to set (subway use, airplanes, travelling, etc.) and am so far very pleased. I previously used Etymotic IEM's (ER-4P and HF3) which are known for their clarity and...
http://www.head-fi.org/t/685339/new-akg-flagship-k812-first-impression/120#post_10026763 Now I correct the Google translate - I use http://www.dict.cc/ and my (small) knowledge of English I hope...
Sounds great with the modded AKG Q701. Nearly as good with that as my main amp that originally cost $350. Impressive! In fact, the Vali added nothing to the sound of the modded Q701, which is...
*I listened to the Westone 4Rs using iPhone 4S and the latest iPod Classic (6th Generation). The below sums up my listening experience from these sources only.* The Westone 4Rs fit my ears...
Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!! - Page 113post #1681 of 32095/28/12 at 12:06am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1682 of 32095/28/12 at 12:35ampost #1683 of 32095/28/12 at 12:45ampost #1684 of 32095/28/12 at 2:17ampost #1685 of 32095/28/12 at 5:09ampost #1686 of 32095/28/12 at 7:27amI got Graceland, but it seems to be the 2004 remastered version, not the 2010 version that was suggested. I also picked up So Beautiful, So What.
The Alice in Chains is just... Wow.
You can really hear that acoustic bass.post #1687 of 32095/28/12 at 8:06ampost #1688 of 32095/28/12 at 8:12ampost #1689 of 32095/28/12 at 8:12ampost #1690 of 32095/28/12 at 10:44am
Some songs I like with my Pro DJ 100s
Blink 182 : Stay Together for the Kids
Nirvana : Lithium
Alice in Chains : Angry Chair
Rise Against : Hero of War
Lindsey Stirling : Shadows
Seether : Fake it
Soundgarden : Black Hole Sun
Those and many more. I really like 90s grunge and I like punk to
Edit: I just looked up and saw some Alice in Chains fans! There one of my favorite bands, right now I'm learning "I Stay Away" and "Man in a box" on my guitars.
Edited by Youngblood - 5/28/12 at 10:47ampost #1691 of 32095/28/12 at 11:09am
I bought a R10 recently and I re-listen all my Lp's and try to select the best audios recordings ever to enjoy the R10 and make the magical show ! It will not be entire LP's, just tracks, and sometimes, I will put appreciation or some fun details I've noticed ! Of course I try to be short about the tracks because each time I could write a book haha...
Ok, let's go for some titles (they are too much I can talk about), I can complete on demand my perfect playlist for the R10., it is not on the order of quality, I considere all are greaaat ! :)
Eagles - Hell Freezes Over [SHM-CD]
Wooooaw. With the R10, you are sitting in the concert. The clappings are REAL, SO REAL, guitares are amazingly real, and the voice is just so natural. Soundstage is perfectly balanced. Maybe the best track to test a headphone for the soundstage.
Eric Clapton - Unplugged - DDD
Of course, this one is entirely great like Hell Freezes Over. Soundstage is perfectly balanced thru the R10. Just on some tracks, you can hear a "buzzz" probably due to an electric problem. It is corrected from the middle of the record. Even there is this minor problem, I think this record is an perfect LP to test any hifi system, any headphones.
The Doobie Brothers - Toulouse Street - MFSL REMASTERING
Listen to the music
Incredible soundstage. Very rich 3D sound.
for the amazing stereo effect with the guitar at 00:10s and all the crispy details you can hear. Soundstage again of course.
Anyway, all the LP is amazing to discover with a good headphone.
BECK - Sea Change - SACD version or MFSL mastering
Sounds huge and crispy, but all the tracks on this one are just AMAZING !
The Rolling Stones - Singles collection - SACD or DSD CD
Sympathy for the devil - Soundstage is amazing.
Something funny : you can hear a girl talking and laughing on the background from 00:15 to 00:20 and sometimes you can hear people's breathing and talking. That's very funny and you can understand why when you have seend the Jean Luc Godard Movie Sympathy for the devil where you can see the recording session. It is like live. Drums are just amazing anyway.
This master is hissing a bit, that's sad... With the R10, and probably other good headphones, you can discover that lot of recording of this time are a bit hissing ...But the guitars are just outstanding and drums are very well sounding on the stage.
David Bowie - Ziggy Stardust and the spiders from Mars - SACD or DSD CD
Of course, this one is huge. The production is over the top. Recording is probably on of the best sounding ever but these tracks are better for me with the R10 :
Rock & Roll Suicide
All are really breath taking.
David Bowie - The man who sold the wold
The man who sold the world
Amazing soundstage, huge 3D sound, the David's voice sounds just outstanding. Instruments are real. So real.
Lou Reed - Transformer - Original Album Classic Box - RCA - STEREO
Ok, each time I listen this song with the R10, It is like a private concert. I can hear all the emotion on the Lou's voice, it seems so shy... And the violins on the background are just magical. What can I say about the Piano ?... No word. Emotion.
Walk on the wild side
All the track sounds great and so good balanced but you can notice the
Saxophone incredibly warm and smooth.
Chris Isaak - Best Of
Wicked Game and Blue Hotel
Usually forgotten amazing tracks for their perfect sound quality, spectacular stereo effect, and of course, the Chris' voice, just great.
A pure travel on a perfect beach with a perfect girl (like the movie clip of Wicked Game :D)
I will not talk about Dark Side of The moon, because everybody know :D
There are of course lot of other records, and lot of them are already on this thread, but that ones are amazing if you like pop/rock music and headphones, but I am pretty sure you know all already :)
Next time, I will talk about jazz (Coltrane, Davis, pawnshop...etc), sould and classic music...But Just one AMAZING record in Jazz :
The Dave Brubeck Quartet - Time Out (1959) - SONY 2010 EDITION ORIGINAL MASTER 360 SOUND
Ok boys and girls, this is ONE OF THE MOST PERFECT record I ever hear from the time, 1959. Period.
Take Five sounds like it has been recorded yesterday. King of Blue, released the same year sounds great but has a hissing. Time out has a hissing too, but very very minor and the clarity is better, far better on the drums, it is TERRIFIC.
Edited by Modwright01 - 5/31/12 at 1:44ampost #1692 of 32095/28/12 at 3:22pmpost #1693 of 32095/28/12 at 9:22pm
Someone a few pages back recommended Lateralus by Tool. I had a few of their songs, but this CD is really great. It's not overpowering like some of the other hard rock or metal I have. Everything is clear. It's not super muddled.
If you're into stuff like Tool, you should check it out.
S-post #1694 of 32095/29/12 at 7:47pm
I'm new here (and new to headphones--starting out with the Panasonic RP-HTX7), so here goes (individual songs in no particular order):
Bloc Party - Ares
Bloc Party - Signs
Doves - Satellites (the "drums" are actually the band stomping and clapping in a studio)
Massive Attack - Tear Drop
Zero 7 - In the Waiting Line
Air - Universal Traveler (or just about any song on "Talkie Walkie")
Animal Collective - My Girls
Hidden Orchestra - Antiphon (and the entire album "Night Walks")
Incubus - Summer Romance (Anti-Gravity Love Song)
Xavier Rudd - Footprint
- Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › The FitEar CIEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread 6 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 43 seconds ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 45 seconds ago
- › New RHA IEMs: The MA750i and MA600i 1 minute ago
- › XBA-3/ XBA-30..The Appreciation thread. 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 4 minutes ago
- › Which Porcupine Tree \ Steven Wilson Album? 5 minutes ago
- › Trying to narrow X-Mas list (DT880 vs. HE400 vs. HD650) 5 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 6 minutes ago
- › Logitech UE 6000 by HeretixAevum
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › FiiO RC-MH1 Headphone Upgrade Cable by SkyBleu
- › Sennheiser CX 175 by thesurvivor90
- › EarSonics SM2 v2 by Gilly87
- › Is There Gold in the Black-Sand Beaches of... by kaitlynhanson
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude