Which Paul Simon? I was looking at getting Graceland.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphones handle very fast, complex music better: Sennheiser or Grado? [and NOT just hard... Last post on 7/13/14 at 9:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser-closed Last post on 8/1/12 at 9:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Dammit, I can't decide Last post on 9/15/10 at 4:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade needed from Sennheiser HD 555's... Last post on 9/9/10 at 3:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD595 Impressions Thread Last post on 9/13/15 at 1:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
First of all I would like to thank the team at www.hifiheadphones.co.uk for the review sample I had the opportunity to test out and to write a bit about it. This is a good sounding music player...
I’ll be honest. When I was offered a review unit of the Turbines, I was not really looking forward to reviewing them. The CGI render of the Turbines that Ghostek commonly uses for promotion...
Review: Cleer DU High Definition Dual-Driver Headphone Introduction It was a brisk day in a suburb of Chicago, Illinois. I attended AXPONA, which is the Audio Expo North...
The ED9 is overall a good and very funny iem from China. build + design: The metal housing shows confidence and it looks like it won't break for a long time. I did like the looks...
(Player: Cowon Plenue D ; Earphone: JH5) Before I start, I must say that this was not the beginning of my experience with the brand cables. I own the Ares cable also (first model) and make...
Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!! - Page 113post #1681 of 40905/28/12 at 12:06am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1682 of 40905/28/12 at 12:35ampost #1683 of 40905/28/12 at 12:45ampost #1684 of 40905/28/12 at 2:17ampost #1685 of 40905/28/12 at 5:09ampost #1686 of 40905/28/12 at 7:27amI got Graceland, but it seems to be the 2004 remastered version, not the 2010 version that was suggested. I also picked up So Beautiful, So What.
The Alice in Chains is just... Wow.
You can really hear that acoustic bass.post #1687 of 40905/28/12 at 8:06ampost #1688 of 40905/28/12 at 8:12ampost #1689 of 40905/28/12 at 8:12ampost #1690 of 40905/28/12 at 10:44am
Some songs I like with my Pro DJ 100s
Blink 182 : Stay Together for the Kids
Nirvana : Lithium
Alice in Chains : Angry Chair
Rise Against : Hero of War
Lindsey Stirling : Shadows
Seether : Fake it
Soundgarden : Black Hole Sun
Those and many more. I really like 90s grunge and I like punk to
Edit: I just looked up and saw some Alice in Chains fans! There one of my favorite bands, right now I'm learning "I Stay Away" and "Man in a box" on my guitars.
Edited by Youngblood - 5/28/12 at 10:47ampost #1691 of 40905/28/12 at 11:09am
I bought a R10 recently and I re-listen all my Lp's and try to select the best audios recordings ever to enjoy the R10 and make the magical show ! It will not be entire LP's, just tracks, and sometimes, I will put appreciation or some fun details I've noticed ! Of course I try to be short about the tracks because each time I could write a book haha...
Ok, let's go for some titles (they are too much I can talk about), I can complete on demand my perfect playlist for the R10., it is not on the order of quality, I considere all are greaaat ! :)
Eagles - Hell Freezes Over [SHM-CD]
Wooooaw. With the R10, you are sitting in the concert. The clappings are REAL, SO REAL, guitares are amazingly real, and the voice is just so natural. Soundstage is perfectly balanced. Maybe the best track to test a headphone for the soundstage.
Eric Clapton - Unplugged - DDD
Of course, this one is entirely great like Hell Freezes Over. Soundstage is perfectly balanced thru the R10. Just on some tracks, you can hear a "buzzz" probably due to an electric problem. It is corrected from the middle of the record. Even there is this minor problem, I think this record is an perfect LP to test any hifi system, any headphones.
The Doobie Brothers - Toulouse Street - MFSL REMASTERING
Listen to the music
Incredible soundstage. Very rich 3D sound.
for the amazing stereo effect with the guitar at 00:10s and all the crispy details you can hear. Soundstage again of course.
Anyway, all the LP is amazing to discover with a good headphone.
BECK - Sea Change - SACD version or MFSL mastering
Sounds huge and crispy, but all the tracks on this one are just AMAZING !
The Rolling Stones - Singles collection - SACD or DSD CD
Sympathy for the devil - Soundstage is amazing.
Something funny : you can hear a girl talking and laughing on the background from 00:15 to 00:20 and sometimes you can hear people's breathing and talking. That's very funny and you can understand why when you have seend the Jean Luc Godard Movie Sympathy for the devil where you can see the recording session. It is like live. Drums are just amazing anyway.
This master is hissing a bit, that's sad... With the R10, and probably other good headphones, you can discover that lot of recording of this time are a bit hissing ...But the guitars are just outstanding and drums are very well sounding on the stage.
David Bowie - Ziggy Stardust and the spiders from Mars - SACD or DSD CD
Of course, this one is huge. The production is over the top. Recording is probably on of the best sounding ever but these tracks are better for me with the R10 :
Rock & Roll Suicide
All are really breath taking.
David Bowie - The man who sold the wold
The man who sold the world
Amazing soundstage, huge 3D sound, the David's voice sounds just outstanding. Instruments are real. So real.
Lou Reed - Transformer - Original Album Classic Box - RCA - STEREO
Ok, each time I listen this song with the R10, It is like a private concert. I can hear all the emotion on the Lou's voice, it seems so shy... And the violins on the background are just magical. What can I say about the Piano ?... No word. Emotion.
Walk on the wild side
All the track sounds great and so good balanced but you can notice the
Saxophone incredibly warm and smooth.
Chris Isaak - Best Of
Wicked Game and Blue Hotel
Usually forgotten amazing tracks for their perfect sound quality, spectacular stereo effect, and of course, the Chris' voice, just great.
A pure travel on a perfect beach with a perfect girl (like the movie clip of Wicked Game :D)
I will not talk about Dark Side of The moon, because everybody know :D
There are of course lot of other records, and lot of them are already on this thread, but that ones are amazing if you like pop/rock music and headphones, but I am pretty sure you know all already :)
Next time, I will talk about jazz (Coltrane, Davis, pawnshop...etc), sould and classic music...But Just one AMAZING record in Jazz :
The Dave Brubeck Quartet - Time Out (1959) - SONY 2010 EDITION ORIGINAL MASTER 360 SOUND
Ok boys and girls, this is ONE OF THE MOST PERFECT record I ever hear from the time, 1959. Period.
Take Five sounds like it has been recorded yesterday. King of Blue, released the same year sounds great but has a hissing. Time out has a hissing too, but very very minor and the clarity is better, far better on the drums, it is TERRIFIC.
Edited by Modwright01 - 5/31/12 at 1:44ampost #1692 of 40905/28/12 at 3:22pmpost #1693 of 40905/28/12 at 9:22pm
Someone a few pages back recommended Lateralus by Tool. I had a few of their songs, but this CD is really great. It's not overpowering like some of the other hard rock or metal I have. Everything is clear. It's not super muddled.
If you're into stuff like Tool, you should check it out.
S-post #1694 of 40905/29/12 at 7:47pm
I'm new here (and new to headphones--starting out with the Panasonic RP-HTX7), so here goes (individual songs in no particular order):
Bloc Party - Ares
Bloc Party - Signs
Doves - Satellites (the "drums" are actually the band stomping and clapping in a studio)
Massive Attack - Tear Drop
Zero 7 - In the Waiting Line
Air - Universal Traveler (or just about any song on "Talkie Walkie")
Animal Collective - My Girls
Hidden Orchestra - Antiphon (and the entire album "Night Walks")
Incubus - Summer Romance (Anti-Gravity Love Song)
Xavier Rudd - Footprint
- Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › USB Cable popularity check 31 seconds ago
- › KOSS ESP-950 Thread 1 minute ago
- › ZMF Omni - Upcoming Semi Open Flagship 3 minutes ago
- › Wikiphonia 3 minutes ago
- › NEW Limited Edition Ultrasone Tribute 7 Headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android + Amp Module... 5 minutes ago
- › Official Free FLAC File Music Sharing Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Football (Soccer) Fans Gather 6 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 7 minutes ago
- › Audio-Opus Opus#1 by musicday
- › Wired 3.5MM Headphones Earphones, Ghostek® Turbine Series Wired... by Cinder
- › Cleer DU High-Definition Dual Driver Headphone by moedawg140
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by thingol
- › Effect Audio Thor Coper IEM Upgrade Cable by Vitor Valeri
- › ZhiYin QT5 by Brooko
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by ekolite
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by slowpickr
- › Ghostek GHOHP001 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones, soDrop Series aptX... by Cinder
- › MEE audio M7P Secure-Fit Sports In-Ear Headphones with Mic, Remote,... by suman134
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...