New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How Old Are You??? - Page 15

post #211 of 304

The most prolific Head-Fi members of this week are 18 years old :P. I wonder about Tilpo... HEY TILPO, COME HERE, LOL

 

I think he's like, huh, 16-17... he looked young on Facebook... and I'm not telling how I felt on his Facebook page. Actually I wouldn't even remember myself, more than I remember how he looked precisely (but I definitely noticed he was a youngster!).

 

I love those threads, that are stepping a bit into everyone's real-life-them

post #212 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by devouringone3 View Post

 

So you're telling me you don't know your age? lol, that's quite funny I think.

 

 

 

Because in six years there is a lot of Head-Fiers who joined the website and they now want to tell their age. I'm curious to know Head-Fiers I've posted with's age, so it's not entirely pointless for me.


Actually, I'm 37 and proud of it.  Well, maybe not. Have probably achieved half as much as most 18 year old members

post #213 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by devouringone3 View Post

The most prolific Head-Fi members of this week are 18 years old :P. I wonder about Tilpo... HEY TILPO, COME HERE, LOL

 

I think he's like, huh, 16-17... he looked young on Facebook... and I'm not telling how I felt on his Facebook page. Actually I wouldn't even remember myself, more than I remember how he looked precisely (but I definitely noticed he was a youngster!).

 

I love those threads, that are stepping a bit into everyone's real-life-them

You found his FB?...wow.

post #214 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjacq View Post

I'm 21 right now but 22 this year. I can't believe I'm still not done with my undergrad though. :[

 

I feel the same way... except I'm 23.  I failed or dropped about a semester's worth of classes from living like I was 15 early on in my college career.

post #215 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

You found his FB?...wow.

 

Well I think he had posted about his Audio-Equipment and Rigs Tumblr on Head-Fi Facebook group (or maybe on Grado Labs' Facebook, where I also hang sometimes)... no big deal really :P. I mean I didn't search for it, just happened to pass by.

post #216 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by devouringone3 View Post

 

Well I think he had posted about his Audio-Equipment and Rigs Tumblr on Head-Fi Facebook group (or maybe on Grado Labs' Facebook, where I also hang sometimes)... no big deal really :P. I mean I didn't search for it, just happened to pass by.

CGu8E.gif

 

So...time to watch out and find Rikkun

post #217 of 304

Will Hit 60 in 2 months, life really does fly by! So enjoy your Health, Happiness and HI-FI!!....................OK, and your WOMEN alsowink.gif

post #218 of 304

^Congrats!! How long have you done hi fi in your life? I see you joined in 2009. Did you just start learning then?

post #219 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

^Congrats!! How long have you done hi fi in your life? I see you joined in 2009. Did you just start learning then?

Wow thanks, I started audio when I was about 10 yrs old..... I remember hooking  Bogen PA speakers up to a (mine) kids record player so I could play my early LPs mostly R&B or early soul music until the Beatles changed "My World"........in 1963...... My dad a Jazz guitarist had a recording of the early Beatles that he played on his Hi-Fi Mono system for my brother and me.....a yr. before they made their appearance on the Ed Sullivan Show...... Anyway, My 1st real stereo system I saved for by cutting yards and other side jobs was a used Harmon Kardon amp with a Garrard/Shure phono player and early AR speakers bought from an old audiophile friend of my grandpas for 250 bucks.... I thought I was king ****!!!! So I've lived and loved this hobby my whole life and never really had any yrs. go by that I didn't have a system of some type...... I've mentioned before I had one of the 1st CD players in Dayton, ( I knew the main Hi-Fi Dealer in town) it was around 1984, Sony of course, thank god I never sold any of my Lps...... I used Headphones in the early days mostly Koss or early Sennheisers and Beyerdynamics for quiet listening...... So not to bore you or anyone else I've had some great equipment thru all my yrs. and have many audiophile friends young and old (Who still can HEAR) take care of your hearing guys......and who all have different types of equipment, most of us still choose our vinyl rigs for our listening pleasure but thanks to Bubu1, Tom has helped me with the new Hi-Rez downloads and the computer equipment and music that's hot today and I must say NOT BAD!!!! Not Bad at all......It really is all about the music IMO......

post #220 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9pintube View Post

Wow thanks, I started audio when I was about 10 yrs old..... I remember hooking  Bogen PA speakers up to a (mine) kids record player so I could play my early LPs mostly R&B or early soul music until the Beatles changed "My World"........in 1963...... My dad a Jazz guitarist had a recording of the early Beatles that he played on his Hi-Fi Mono system for my brother and me.....a yr. before they made their appearance on the Ed Sullivan Show...... Anyway, My 1st real stereo system I saved for by cutting yards and other side jobs was a used Harmon Kardon amp with a Garrard/Shure phono player and early AR speakers bought from an old audiophile friend of my grandpas for 250 bucks.... I thought I was king ****!!!! So I've lived and loved this hobby my whole life and never really had any yrs. go by that I didn't have a system of some type...... I've mentioned before I had one of the 1st CD players in Dayton, ( I knew the main Hi-Fi Dealer in town) it was around 1984, Sony of course, thank god I never sold any of my Lps...... I used Headphones in the early days mostly Koss or early Sennheisers and Beyerdynamics for quiet listening...... So not to bore you or anyone else I've had some great equipment thru all my yrs. and have many audiophile friends young and old (Who still can HEAR) take care of your hearing guys......and who all have different types of equipment, most of us still choose our vinyl rigs for our listening pleasure but thanks to Bubu1, Tom has helped me with the new Hi-Rez downloads and the computer equipment and music that's hot today and I must say NOT BAD!!!! Not Bad at all......It really is all about the music IMO......

Wow...you sir....are a dying breed :'( I see many people at your age use Apple Earbuds and just contently walk around...and blasting it too.

 

Now I have a question. Vinyl or a well done 96KHz/24bit "HD recording"? I don't like Vinyl's pops and noise and would much rather go for the "hi rez" recordings.

post #221 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

 

Now I have a question. Vinyl or a well done 96KHz/24bit "HD recording"? I don't like Vinyl's pops and noise and would much rather go for the "hi rez" recordings.

I believe you've been listening to some dirty vinyl then. Because a perfectly clean vinyl record doesn't have all those pops and noises. Of course, it can still happen, but not if it's well taken care of. I still prefer digital for the sake of convenience though.

 

You could also go with a nice reel-to-reel tape system for analog biggrin.gif

post #222 of 304

I am probably one of the younger(-ish) people here with my 16 years.

lets see whether how many headphones I can try before the end of this year(/earth tongue.gif)

post #223 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Wow...you sir....are a dying breed :'( I see many people at your age use Apple Earbuds and just contently walk around...and blasting it too.

 

Now I have a question. Vinyl or a well done 96KHz/24bit "HD recording"? I don't like Vinyl's pops and noise and would much rather go for the "hi rez" recordings.

bowei006 That is a big concern with playing vinyl, dirty dusty records!  Yes, I wet vacuum my LP's but not every single time I play the same LP. That's where and why your "Hi Rez" recordings make it  much more convenient and many equate that to better sound or just a more enjoyable listening experience.....and it's hard to argue that point.... I've had my good friend (all Digital system) say while listening to a well recorded LP on my system that "It sounds more natural or more organic"!  To be honest my ritual on a night of listening is to play maybe 3 to 5 LP's then switch over to my Mac system with the hi rez recordings...... I won't lie, my old ass gets tired of getting up to change a vinyl record or to change LPs..... One more point that one of my friends says (who has $$$$$big buck LP system) if you've never had or don't have a good vinyl playback rig, "don't go there"! It just takes to many $$$$ to really get the most from a vinyl rig....  I say if you get enjoyment out of your system It doesn't matter what medium you use.......

post #224 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagebeard View Post

I am probably one of the younger(-ish) people here with my 16 years.

lets see whether how many headphones I can try before the end of this year(/earth tongue.gif)

 

And you call yourself "sagebeard" lol!

post #225 of 304

19 years old (I look like 23 because I'm 6'4" and well built) with Cisco certification, an Bachelor's in Biology (minor in chemistry), and a year into my Pharm. D. Really hoping to be rich by 25.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home