Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Audio-Technica new wood cans...ATH-W5000
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audio-Technica new wood cans...ATH-W5000

post #1 of 289
Thread Starter 
http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/av/do...13/autech1.htm






02 Dec 2005
post #2 of 289
Thread Starter 





Also ATH will release a new HA5000 headphone amp


post #3 of 289
Thread Starter 
The price ....「ATH-W5000」120,750円       「AT-HA5000」147,000円
post #4 of 289
Holy! They look so mysterious....wonder if they sound as dark as they look...
post #5 of 289
Hi fatko,

Beautiful headphones, Audio Technica has done it again!


Overlunge
post #6 of 289
Portable Ax00 series?
Actually, these look a lot like ultrasone's new portable offering...
post #7 of 289
Notice team ATOWF quick to jump all over this one!
post #8 of 289
Thread Starter 
back sandal wood
post #9 of 289
What do those prices come out to in U.S. dollars?

I'm guessing: One zillion dollars.

I'm hoping: Minus one zillion dollars.

The correct amount: ?
post #10 of 289
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripley
What do those prices come out to in U.S. dollars?

I'm guessing: One zillion dollars.

I'm hoping: Minus one zillion dollars.

The correct amount: ?
w5000: usd 1100
ha5000: usd 1500
post #11 of 289
Ah, thanks!

Any idea/chance on how the street prices will look? Rock-solid at MSRP, or nice discounts?
post #12 of 289
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripley
Ah, thanks!

Any idea/chance on how the street prices will look? Rock-solid at MSRP, or nice discounts?

it shoud be three times the price of w1000
post #13 of 289
nice find.

seems like they skipped a model number with "four" in it for obvious reasons.

it looks like a cross between the AD2000 and the ATH-W series, with most of the construction being closer to the AD2000 with only the closed wood cup and leather earpads resembling an ATH-W can IMO. I like the older style better.

(edit: well, the headband is slightly different from the AD2000 with the flat rods compared to the round ones on the AD2000, but otherwise looks very similar.)

the amp seems to be a replacement for the HA2002. the specs and the price seems to be exactly the same, with only the look modified to follow the W5000 design. guess this makes me feel less bad that the HA2002 got discontinued (I guess to make room for this) and I missed my chance to get one.


Raffinato means "refined" in Italian?
post #14 of 289
Team ATOWF ATTACK!


Overlunge

p.s Anyone know what "Raffinato" means? Care to share the translation for us? Just Babelfish'ed it: means 'Refined'
post #15 of 289
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayt999
nice find.

seems like they skipped a model number with "four" in it for obvious reasons.

it looks like a cross between the AD2000 and the ATH-W series, with most of the construction being closer to the AD2000 with only the closed wood cup and leather earpads resembling an ATH-W can IMO. I like the older style better.

(edit: well, the headband is slightly different from the AD2000 with the flat rods compared to the round ones on the AD2000, but otherwise looks very similar.)

the amp seems to be a replacement for the HA2002. the specs and the price seems to be exactly the same, with only the look modified to follow the W5000 design. guess this makes me feel less bad that the HA2002 got discontinued (I guess to make room for this) and I missed my chance to get one.


Raffinato means "refined" in Italian?

Oh well, 4, in Chinese and Japanese, it is not a lucky number as it sounds like Death, so , they skip it ...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Audio-Technica new wood cans...ATH-W5000