Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Post your Photography Here!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Post your Photography Here! - Page 41  

post #601 of 1782
post #602 of 1782
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb3k View Post
Here's a shot of my dog Rolex



That's beautiful mb3k! His eyes are amazing and match perfectly with the floor. I love the composition of the shot as well. Great stuff!
post #603 of 1782
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb3k View Post
Here's a shot of my dog Rolex

that's an awesome picture man
post #604 of 1782
A remarkable picture; very emotional and touching. Thanks for posting it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb3k View Post
Here's a shot of my dog Rolex
post #605 of 1782
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSurSpoon View Post
That's beautiful mb3k! His eyes are amazing and match perfectly with the floor. I love the composition of the shot as well. Great stuff!
Really ?

I wouldn't have looked twice, no disrespect but the photo seems to be 90 degrees on its side, it should've been rotated 90 degree anti-clockwise. I also don't see how it is "emotional and touching" either. May be because i don't own a dog, I just don't see it.

Technically thou, except for the composition, it is exposed well. Often black dogs comes out wrong because the TTL tries too hard to compensate for the dark hairs. The DOF is ok, although cutting off half the top of his head with that bit of ear in the corner is distracting.
post #606 of 1782
Here is a pic of one of my pups:

post #607 of 1782
My other pup:

post #608 of 1782
Not my kids.


post #609 of 1782
Quote:
My other pup:
He looks like he's not about to give up that toy. What a dirty look he's giving you.
post #610 of 1782
Another one. Not my kid too.


post #611 of 1782
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbriant View Post
He looks like he's not about to give up that toy. What a dirty look he's giving you.
Not as bad as the look he is giving me here:




Here he is in attack mode... be afraid...be VERY afraid!

post #612 of 1782
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_mocok View Post
Another one. Not my kid too.


Wow! Love the eyes and the red just jumps off the page!
post #613 of 1782
I love your "not my kids" series DJ.

Are you using RAW now?
post #614 of 1782
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymondlin View Post
Really ?

I wouldn't have looked twice, no disrespect but the photo seems to be 90 degrees on its side, it should've been rotated 90 degree anti-clockwise. I also don't see how it is "emotional and touching" either. May be because i don't own a dog, I just don't see it.

Technically thou, except for the composition, it is exposed well. Often black dogs comes out wrong because the TTL tries too hard to compensate for the dark hairs. The DOF is ok, although cutting off half the top of his head with that bit of ear in the corner is distracting.
I disagree. I think the photograph is more effective and eye-catching on it's side and without the dog's full head. But it's pointless to argue about things that are entirely subjective. To each his/her own.
post #615 of 1782
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymondlin View Post
Really ?

I wouldn't have looked twice, no disrespect but the photo seems to be 90 degrees on its side, it should've been rotated 90 degree anti-clockwise. I also don't see how it is "emotional and touching" either. May be because i don't own a dog, I just don't see it.

Technically thou, except for the composition, it is exposed well. Often black dogs comes out wrong because the TTL tries too hard to compensate for the dark hairs. The DOF is ok, although cutting off half the top of his head with that bit of ear in the corner is distracting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSurSpoon View Post
I disagree. I think the photograph is more effective and eye-catching on it's side and without the dog's full head. But it's pointless to argue about things that are entirely subjective. To each his/her own.
Wow, quite the commotion!
The attention was geared toward brown eyes looking up. I feel that this captures the "homeliness" of his character. raymondlin, you're correct that this was shot vertically, but the reason it's tilted horizontally is because his face is rather long/thin and I did not want the focus of the photo to draw toward the length of his face.
Thanks for the comments and critique, no harm done and always welcome!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Post your Photography Here!