Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Rate the video games you're currently playing
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rate the video games you're currently playing - Page 314

post #4696 of 4709

Trials Fusion: Riders of the Rustlands

 

The Rustlands is just an expansion pack with extra levels, nothing really changes. Anyway, I really love the new game. The graphics, the tracks, the bikes (there's an ATV!) -- what's not to love? Though the FMX thing (basically tricks) needs some work, it doesn't detract from the experience too much. And to think, this used to be a game on Miniclip.com I played years ago. It's amazing to see it grow into something awesome.

post #4697 of 4709
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatBeatsguy View Post
 

Just played a few hours of Dragon Age: Origins which I got yesterday (thanks to @Exesteils for talking about this game on Origin's On the House). The only thing I have to say about it: Why didn't I get this game sooner?

This is the best Baldurs gate like current gen game.

Just save yourself a lot of pain and anger: dont get Dragon age 2.

post #4698 of 4709

Started Stalker lost alpha 3 days ago.

 

If you liked the stalker series, this game is definitly for you.

 

I rate it at 9.8/10 (it gets higher score by beeing essentially free, all you need is a free account at moddb.com).

 

It is more realistic than any of the previous stalkers, has better environments, better AI, better graphics (First time I got into the open i stood there for about 2 minutes just looking at the environment), more and better balanced guns, better trading system... and it has freaking vehicles!

 

And thats what I found out in around 12 hours of gameplay. It is suposed to be 3-4 times bigger than the original Stalker, but it also feels a lot more Alive and menacing.

 

And did I mention its free?!

 

Finally, It requires a monster GPU/CPU if you want full details (especially if sun shadows is turned on, this is a huge pain, but it looks great) and around 17GB of free space.

 

Welcome to the zone :D.

post #4699 of 4709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zojokkeli View Post
 

 

You... didn't like the first one? It's like the best game of 00's! :eek:

Agreed - it was by far my favorite game of the og xbox. Bio:Infinite was also my goty last year. The visuals , attention to detail, and storyline (especially if you are familiar with quantum physics - there are so many subtle tributes) is stellar.


Edited by Phishin Phool - 10/14/14 at 6:28am
post #4700 of 4709
^ yep.
post #4701 of 4709
Currently playing destiny and cod ghosts loving them both on ps4 smily_headphones1.gif
post #4702 of 4709

My favorite game of 2013 is Underhell, which is free on Moddb.  It's a fantastic blend of psychological horror, survival horror, and stealth.  Too bad we won't see Chapter 2 for a while.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by catspaw View Post
 

Started Stalker lost alpha 3 days ago.

 

If you liked the stalker series, this game is definitly for you.

 

I rate it at 9.8/10 (it gets higher score by beeing essentially free, all you need is a free account at moddb.com).

 

It is more realistic than any of the previous stalkers, has better environments, better AI, better graphics (First time I got into the open i stood there for about 2 minutes just looking at the environment), more and better balanced guns, better trading system... and it has freaking vehicles!

 

And thats what I found out in around 12 hours of gameplay. It is suposed to be 3-4 times bigger than the original Stalker, but it also feels a lot more Alive and menacing.

 

And did I mention its free?!

 

Finally, It requires a monster GPU/CPU if you want full details (especially if sun shadows is turned on, this is a huge pain, but it looks great) and around 17GB of free space.

 

Welcome to the zone :D.

 

A-Life is still a letdown in Lost Alpha, even though it's better than Shadow of Chernobyl's and Clear Sky's.  They just released the SDK which would make it a lot easier to improve A-Life, but unfortunately it just crashes for me upon launching it.  I'll wait for SDK updates opposed to doing it the hard way.

post #4703 of 4709

just finished chrono trigger for first time on vita.

 

10/10

 

started final fantasy 6 for first time aswell. looking good so far with 3 hours in.

post #4704 of 4709

Assetto Corsa release candidate is now out.  Optimization is still terrible... have to run it with really ugly visuals just to maintain 60 FPS, while I can max out Metro: Last Light and get 60 FPS (excluding supersampling).

 

Car selection is still rather small, but diverse nonetheless.  Everything else is very impressive, they give you so many options (that can thankfully be disabled) like tire blankets, automatic throttle blip, variable slipstream effect, plus everything it had in earlier releases.  Career mode seems to be implemented though I haven't tried it yet.

post #4705 of 4709

Unreal Tournament 2004 - 10/10

Best shooter of all time, in my opinion

 

LUFTRAUSERS - 6/10

It seems like a very good game, just not for me. I wish the color palette was more interesting, although the art in the game is cool.

 

 

Garry's Mod - 10/10

I always come back to Garry's Mod. If you have the source games and you haven't checked out Garry's Mod, I don't know what you're doing with your life.


Edited by bracklefish - 10/15/14 at 5:51pm
post #4706 of 4709
Quote:
Originally Posted by bracklefish View Post
 

Unreal Tournament 2004 - 10/10

Best shooter of all time, in my opinion

 

LUFTRAUSERS - 6/10

It seems like a very good game, just not for me. I wish the color palette was more interesting, although the art in the game is cool.

 

 

Garry's Mod - 10/10

I always come back to Garry's Mod. If you have the source games and you haven't checked out Garry's Mod, I don't know what you're doing with your life.

I liked the original better than 2004, but its about taste I guess.

post #4707 of 4709
Quote:
Originally Posted by catspaw View Post
 

I liked the original better than 2004, but its about taste I guess.

 

Original UT was awesome at the time. Lots of hours spent playing deathmatch. Too much fun! :D

post #4708 of 4709
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJScope View Post
 

 

Original UT was awesome at the time. Lots of hours spent playing deathmatch. Too much fun! :D

I spent 1.5 years playing only that game. Good luck finding a game that good nowdays :D.

post #4709 of 4709
Quote:
Originally Posted by catspaw View Post
 

I spent 1.5 years playing only that game. Good luck finding a game that good nowdays :D.

For me it is the community that dies. Plenty of games I would love to play for years if the community stays strong. One that goes for years though without fail is Starcraft and most MOBA or MMORPG.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Games Discussion
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Rate the video games you're currently playing