Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Rate the video games you're currently playing
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rate the video games you're currently playing - Page 310

post #4636 of 4646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhamnetin View Post
 

Due to the success of Day Z, BIS has turned their back on their core fans for the money.  

Well, the DayZ fans will disagree about that. They'll tell you that Bohemia is doing a very bad job given all the millions they got from the DayZ sales and  I kinda agree. Updates have become very sparse. Still zero game optimization a year later and still the standard "it's an alpha" explanation from Bohemia. So it's not like Bohemia has forsaken Arma for DayZ or at least it doesn't show despite that Dayz is pretty much the game that put Bohemia on the map and most of the money they had for the Arma 3's development came from the ton of people who bought Arma 2 purely for the DayZ mod.

Anyway, most of my friends used to play Altis and Wasteland but now it seems they mostly play Arma 2 Overpoch and Epoch. Personally I'm waiting for the Arma 3 Epoch to be completed.

post #4637 of 4646
Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post
 

Well, the DayZ fans will disagree about that. They'll tell you that Bohemia is doing a very bad job given all the millions they got from the DayZ sales and  I kinda agree. Updates have become very sparse. Still zero game optimization a year later and still the standard "it's an alpha" explanation from Bohemia. So it's not like Bohemia has forsaken Arma for DayZ or at least it doesn't show despite that Dayz is pretty much the game that put Bohemia on the map and most of the money they had for the Arma 3's development came from the ton of people who bought Arma 2 purely for the DayZ mod.

Anyway, most of my friends used to play Altis and Wasteland but now it seems they mostly play Arma 2 Overpoch and Epoch. Personally I'm waiting for the Arma 3 Epoch to be completed.

 

You're right, it's more like they've forsaken both ArmA and Day Z and who knows what they're doing with all that cash.  Swimming in it?  

post #4638 of 4646

so, did destiny turned out to be a debacle?

post #4639 of 4646

Ordered Nier two days ago on half.com. Can't wait for it to arrive. I heard it was one of the most underrated games of this gen. Great story, great characters, and a unique experience so I gave it a shot for $12 used. The games I've loved the most all have those qualities and hopefully this game will live up to the underrated hype. 

post #4640 of 4646

Battlefield Bad Company 2: 9.9999/10 The only game I play with intent of doing well or being semi competitive.

 

Audiosurf: 8.6584/10 Great way to enjoy new music

 

Battlefield 4: 0/10  What a waste of $60.  I'm glad I didn't waste money on any of the gimmicky DLC.  The most fun I've had on this game is finding a CQ large server, sitting in the trans heli so it's in spawn all game and spamming lyrics into the game chat trying to get past 100+ words per minute lol.  Usually Florence & The Machine, Black Keys, The Doors, or Sinatra.  There's even some random server where the admin kicks other people for complaining about me it's hilarious.

 

I've also Tried to die as many times as possible in one round, got some other dude to do it with me.  Pics from the PC enthusiast thread:

 

Kind of imagined the massive cash grab would happen with Day Z standalone, still bought into it.  

post #4641 of 4646
Quote:
Originally Posted by linglingjr View Post
 

Battlefield Bad Company 2: 9.9999/10 The only game I play with intent of doing well or being semi competitive.

 

Audiosurf: 8.6584/10 Great way to enjoy new music

 

Battlefield 4: 0/10  What a waste of $60.  I'm glad I didn't waste money on any of the gimmicky DLC.  The most fun I've had on this game is finding a CQ large server, sitting in the trans heli so it's in spawn all game and spamming lyrics into the game chat trying to get past 100+ words per minute lol.  Usually Florence & The Machine, Black Keys, The Doors, or Sinatra.  There's even some random server where the admin kicks other people for complaining about me it's hilarious.

 

I've also Tried to die as many times as possible in one round, got some other dude to do it with me.  Pics from the PC enthusiast thread:

 

Kind of imagined the massive cash grab would happen with Day Z standalone, still bought into it.  

I'm not a big BF fan (never have been), but BFBC2 was by far the best one I've ever played. I actually liked the campaign due to the quirky characters, and I don't know if they used a different graphics engine from the main BF games, but I thought that the graphics in Bad Company 2 looked a lot more refined, less jaggy, and polished than BF3 and BF4. Maxing the latter two on a PC made them look hella nice, but on consoles, BFBC2 had the best visuals imo. 

 

I also found the multiplayer maps and the whole experience itself much more fun and polished in BC2 than in the latest releases. Frostbite mentioned how they "couldn't quite figure out what exactly it was that people liked so much about BC2," and to be fair to them, I don't really know either, but it was just way more fun to play than BF3 and BF4. I liked the aiming and firing of the guns better, and the maps were more fun to play in. The maps were also less urban in BC2 than in BF3 and BF4 I've noticed.

 

I've played BF3 a fair amount, and I've played BF4 probably 10 times. BF4 was an abomination and nearly unplayable. The amount of server issues I experienced in the first month was a joke,;it was impossible to get linked up with a friend, games crashed, and the actual maps were just horribly designed and all looked like **** running on the xbox 360. I couldn't wait to sell BF4 and get some money back from that game. I had to apologize to my friend whom I convinced to pick up BF4 with me, and I feel really guilty that that was the first battlefield game he ever played. 

post #4642 of 4646

Yeah I love the art style in BC2 way more than any other BF game.  The colors are great and vibrant on jungle maps and not over done on desert/snow maps.  The map design (I pretty much only play rush) is also a ton better in BC2 than BF4.  I played a ton of BF3, it was good enough in terms of gun mechanics and maps.  Don't think I'll be playing any of the new Battlefield games, Hardline looks like a cheap gimmick as does all the BF4 DLC - Riot shields! Rail guns! Lame!

post #4643 of 4646
Quote:
Originally Posted by linglingjr View Post
 

Yeah I love the art style in BC2 way more than any other BF game.  The colors are great and vibrant on jungle maps and not over done on desert/snow maps.  The map design (I pretty much only play rush) is also a ton better in BC2 than BF4.  I played a ton of BF3, it was good enough in terms of gun mechanics and maps.  Don't think I'll be playing any of the new Battlefield games, Hardline looks like a cheap gimmick as does all the BF4 DLC - Riot shields! Rail guns! Lame!

Rush was my main play mode as well. The mode did a great job of moving you along from one concentrated area to the next, and again I think part of the reason BC2 maps were better were was due to the openness of the levels. Less urban settings means more open areas, less chokeholds. Also I loved how every match you played was different due to the environmental changes. I've had games where an entire area of the map would be leveled to the ground (buildings, trees, etc) and other matches on the same map where people kept to using guns and cover more. It was truly a dynamic experience, and the name "Battlefield" definitely suited that game. I haven't played any other multiplayer FPS that gave me that level of dynamic immersion (other FPS's being Cod, Halo, other BF games, and random other games like MoH, Resistance on the PS3). I hear Red Orchesta 2 was an immersive experience (although for different reasons).

post #4644 of 4646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhamnetin View Post
 

 

You're right, it's more like they've forsaken both ArmA and Day Z and who knows what they're doing with all that cash.  Swimming in it?  

Its not like its something uncommon nowdays:

 

Invest in hypeing a game, release a half done product, get ppl to buy it, if there are no lawsuits, ignore it.

If the pressure becomes to big, close the company saying you have financial problems or solve the problem by spending part of your income to fix it.

Unfortunately ppl still buy impulsively, and dont forget that younger consumers usually spend their parents money, so its not like they care that much.

 

My worst investment was Starcraft 2, and its not a terrible game, just not as good as I expected, but I never bought games like diablo 3, battlefield 3/4, call of duty... anything after modern warfare 1...

I think in the last year I bought 2 games only, and both were old games.

 

In a similar fashion headphones are starting to pop out of nowhere. Look at how many new headphones have been announced in the last month... its NUTS!

 

Im guessing the same way that World of warcraft opened the doors to crappy games among great ones (and even destroyed some of the good sagas), Beats might have opened the doors to more headphone sales, but also to companies who will want to sell their weak products at higher prices.

post #4645 of 4646

Playing infamous first light it's a bit samo samo!

post #4646 of 4646
Ace Attorney vs. Professor Layton: 9.3/10

Puzzles are a bit too easy and not enough court cases like a normal AA game and I don't like how Layton acts in the late-game, but enough to be 15-20 hours of enjoyable reading.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Games Discussion
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Rate the video games you're currently playing