or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Rate the video games you're currently playing
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rate the video games you're currently playing - Page 297

post #4441 of 5661
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteCrow View Post
 

http://www.engadget.com/2014/01/24/playstation-vita-tv-review/

NOPE


Thanks for the link..one way of playing the original silent hill on a hd tv!

post #4442 of 5661
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin vegas View Post
 


Thanks for the link..one way of playing the original silent hill on a hd tv!

I just play Silent Hill on my phone and I can connect it to the tv whenever I want - yet another way to play the original SH on a hd tv ;)

post #4443 of 5661
Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post
 

I just play Silent Hill on my phone and I can connect it to the tv whenever I want - yet another way to play the original SH on a hd tv ;)


I have a iphone..wouldn't like to play silent hill on the touch screen it's garbage!

post #4444 of 5661
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin vegas View Post
 


I have a iphone..wouldn't like to play silent hill on the touch screen it's garbage!

Well, don't know about iphone but android devices support a whole bunch of controllers but I honestly have zero issues playing a game like SH with touch controls. It's not exactly some complicated fighting game or a shooter - I just customize the controls to my liking but I have no issues playing with touch controls even something like The 3rd birthday due to the auto aim. 

post #4445 of 5661
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonutDeflector View Post


The VirtualBoy of course!


alright

post #4446 of 5661

E.Y.E Devinne Cybermancy 6/10

Yeesh, a shooter stuck in the early 90's but made recently. Not all bad and has GREAT RPG and a lot of D&D like quality's to it...this is overshadowed by the rather insane difficulty curve that seems to be a thing for no other reason than to shuffle you down a certain character build pathway. A game like this is not made better by having an infinite spawn of enemy's in every area that seems to have exact knowledge of where you are from the very start; this makes it VERY hard to be stealthy early game. The city's are really cool but it never makes you look up so you lose a ton of scale when you're just running through the fairly empty neo-china(maybe) streets. The main quest is okay but starts very slow and is just a lot of running back and forth in the same area until you progress to the next one, the side quests are ambiguous in the worst sense; they give little to no detail of what you're supposed to be doing in them and you're lucky if they tell you where to go let alone give you a quest marker. Over all its an okay game, really interesting concept and character design in the vein of System Shock and DeusEx, the areas are cool and the story's alright, the shooting mechanics are totally dumptrucks for a game that isn't from the 90's and the melee fighting is just odd.A game where you play as a hulking cyber soldier but are very smart and or very dumb with this...odd cyber god and magic maybe? but nothing carries weight behind it....I don't know, my thoughts about this game are a mess and thats mostly what the game is.

post #4447 of 5661

Finally got the time to finish The Wolf Among Us - 7/10

 

Not very impressed. I remember after the first episode came out and I finished it I was very surprised and hyped. I expected the whole season to play out a lot differently but it kinda went downhill. Too slow pacing, the story kinda lost focus and wasn't that intriguing any more and the conclusion wasn't particularly satisfying. I'm seriously hoping they'll handle the game better in the second season coz it definitely has potential and some interesting characters.

post #4448 of 5661
Finished Banner Saga. The final boss fight was not as epic as I wanted but that's really to be expected with a turn based tile game. Story was excellent though it felt a bit rushed at the end. 9/10?

Kinect Sports Rivals. Uh, the motorboat and shooting were okay but controls too hard. Soccer was absolutely confusing. Rock climbing was a bit of fun though hard. Bowling and tennis are super fun. I would say 7/10, maybe 6.5 really. The Kinect works fairly well but could be a bit more refined and faster.

Forza Motorsport 5. Really pretty. Also really hard and I'm not sure whether I'm just a really bad driver or if the controls are just crazy. I'm totally not used to the way the cars skid for corners, but that might be just me. Pretty though I only played a couple hours. 7.5/10 so far.
Edited by Blisse - 7/18/14 at 10:36pm
post #4449 of 5661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blisse View Post

Finished Banner Saga. The final boss fight was not as epic as I wanted but that's really to be expected with a turn based tile game. Story was excellent though it felt a bit rushed at the end. 9/10?

Kinect Sports Rivals. Uh, the motorboat and shooting were okay but controls too hard. Soccer was absolutely confusing. Rock climbing was a bit of fun though hard. Bowling and tennis are super fun. I would say 7/10, maybe 6.5 really. The Kinect works fairly well but could be a bit more refined and faster.

Forza Motorsport 5. Really pretty. Also really hard and I'm not sure whether I'm just a really bad driver or if the controls are just crazy. I'm totally not used to the way the cars skid for corners, but that might be just me. Pretty though I only played a couple hours. 7.5/10 so far.

 

The Banner Saga soundtrack is freaking incredible!

 

I think Bandcamp is where I got the FLAC version.  So great.

post #4450 of 5661

I haven't been playing many video games lately, so i decided i should get started with "The last of us",visit this site has very good articles this in special http://www.vipcubancigars.com/blog/best-cuban-cigars-made/


Edited by charlespe - 7/31/14 at 9:34am
post #4451 of 5661
Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post
 

Finally got the time to finish The Wolf Among Us - 7/10

 

Not very impressed. I remember after the first episode came out and I finished it I was very surprised and hyped. I expected the whole season to play out a lot differently but it kinda went downhill. Too slow pacing, the story kinda lost focus and wasn't that intriguing any more and the conclusion wasn't particularly satisfying. I'm seriously hoping they'll handle the game better in the second season coz it definitely has potential and some interesting characters.

 

How did the story lose focus?  I disagree with this statement.  It seems to me that, like you said, the season played out differently than you expected it and you didn't like it for that reason.  I didn't have any specific expectations since the plot is full of twists and turns, nothing is ever as it seems.  But in the end I thought it was outstanding.  Especially the finale (I'd refrain from calling it a conclusion)... that was incredible.  Definitely one of the better games in recent years, as is The Walking Dead.  Can't wait for Episode 4 in a few days.

 

Lately I've been playing Divinity: Original Sin.  It surpassed my expectations and is definitely a stand-out RPG.  It has a more classic, turn-based style yet it avoids being a dated wannabe 1998 game like many others.  It's full of innovation and uses modern technology to its advantage.  The world is vast and quite interesting to explore (but not groundbreaking), the combat and overall gameplay is nearly flawless.  It's not story-driven at all though, so all it has going for it is the gameplay, and it lacks the full party creation/customization seen in games like Icewind Dale and Wasteland 2 so some may disapprove of this.  Nonetheless, that's how I feel after about 35 hours into the game.  I'm not anywhere close to finished, probably not even half finished.  I won't toss out a meaningless score but I do recommend this game to anyone who likes real RPGs, opposed to dumbed down casualized action semi-RPGs.  If you prefer the latter, stick to The Witcher franchise.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlespe View Post
 

I haven't been playing many video games lately, so i decided i should get started with "The last of us"

 

 

I found that to be one of the most overrated games of all time.


Edited by Rhamnetin - 7/20/14 at 3:33pm
post #4452 of 5661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhamnetin View Post
 

 

How did the story lose focus?  I disagree with this statement.  It seems to me that, like you said, the season played out differently than you expected it and you didn't like it for that reason.  I didn't have any specific expectations since the plot is full of twists and turns, nothing is ever as it seems.  But in the end I thought it was outstanding.  Especially the finale (I'd refrain from calling it a conclusion)... that was incredible.  Definitely one of the better games in recent years, as is The Walking Dead.  Can't wait for Episode 4 in a few days.

 

Lately I've been playing Divinity: Original Sin.  It surpassed my expectations and is definitely a stand-out RPG.  It has a more classic, turn-based style yet it avoids being a dated wannabe 1998 game like many others.  It's full of innovation and uses modern technology to its advantage.  The world is vast and quite interesting to explore (but not groundbreaking), the combat and overall gameplay is nearly flawless.  It's not story-driven at all though, so all it has going for it is the gameplay, and it lacks the full party creation/customization seen in games like Icewind Dale and Wasteland 2 so some may disapprove of this.  Nonetheless, that's how I feel after about 35 hours into the game.  I'm not anywhere close to finished, probably not even half finished.  I won't toss out a meaningless score but I do recommend this game to anyone who likes real RPGs, opposed to dumbed down casualized action semi-RPGs.  If you prefer the latter, stick to The Witcher franchise.

Well, it started out all dark and noir and just fell flat for me. The twists weren't that interesting, the whole plot just wasn't that intriguing and the whole ending with the Crooked Man was just rushed and didn't provide any of his motives or anything, so just can't call it outstanding. As far as the Walking Dead, it's on a whole different level in comparison to the Wold Among Us - way better.

 

And yeah, the new Divinity is awesome, I just can't believe that a crow-funded rpg game turned out so great even if it's not as deep as the old gems like Baldur's Gate. Hopefully Pillars of Eternity (aka Project Eternity) will turn out even better.

 

edit: And the Last of us was great. It might have not been as mind blowing as some claims but is definitely top-notch.  An overrated game is Uncharted 3 - now that's ridiculous stuff with way too exaggerated reviews and it can't even touch Uncharted 2 let alone be the best of the series so far as some people and reviews imply.


Edited by kova4a - 7/20/14 at 3:43pm
post #4453 of 5661
Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post
 

Well, it started out all dark and noir and just fell flat for me. The twists weren't that interesting, the whole plot just wasn't that intriguing and the whole ending with the Crooked Man was just rushed and didn't provide any of his motives or anything, so just can't call it outstanding. As far as the Walking Dead, it's on a whole different level in comparison to the Wold Among Us - way better.

 

And yeah, the new Divinity is awesome, I just can't believe that a crow-funded rpg game turned out so great even if it's not as deep as the old gems like Baldur's Gate. Hopefully Pillars of Eternity (aka Project Eternity) will turn out even better.

 

It did keep the dark noir feel throughout.  It wasn't rushed, and although his motives were discussed to some extent (and hinted at throughout), you have to realize it was open ended because there are more seasons planned.  The Wolf Among Us isn't a game that's just going to explain everything in a very straightforward way.  I don't consider The Walking Dead to be on another level, it's more cliche/less original and has a different focus.  Both are great at what they do.  

 

The thing about Pillars of Eternity is, it literally looks like it was made in 1998.  I'm concerned about how clunky and dated it's going to be.  Divinity: Original Sin is a true modern-classic, since it has a classic style but doesn't try to simply emulate 1998 games.  They didn't forget to innovate, and they made a game that carries over well into 2014.  I have the same concerns for Torment: Tides of Numenera; I really don't understand why they made it 2.5D yet they made the lower-budget, less popular Wasteland 2 in 3D.  Although if the writing is on the same level as Planescape: Torment, I'm going to forget about all of that at some point and just play for the story.

 

I'll also say that Divinity: Original Sin is one of the only modern games I've played that kicks my ass.  The last game to do this was Dragon Age: Origins on my first playthrough, and that's only because I had to get used to the new rule system.


Edited by Rhamnetin - 7/20/14 at 3:49pm
post #4454 of 5661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhamnetin View Post
 

 

It did keep the dark noir feel throughout.  It wasn't rushed, and although his motives were discussed to some extent (and hinted at throughout), you have to realize it was open ended because there are more seasons planned.  The Wolf Among Us isn't a game that's just going to explain everything in a very straightforward way.  I don't consider The Walking Dead to be on another level, it's more cliche/less original and has a different focus.  Both are great at what they do.  

 

The thing about Pillars of Eternity is, it literally looks like it was made in 1998.  I'm concerned about how clunky and dated it's going to be.  Divinity: Original Sin is a true modern-classic, since it has a classic style but doesn't try to simply emulate 1998 games.  They didn't forget to innovate, and they made a game that carries over well into 2014.  I have the same concerns for Torment: Tides of Numenera; I really don't understand why they made it 2.5D yet they made the lower-budget, less popular Wasteland 2 in 3D.  Although if the writing is on the same level as Planescape: Torment, I'm going to forget about all of that at some point and just play for the story.

Nah, it just fell short for me. I don't want an explanation or anything. it was kinda half-assed for me - great first episode, then going downhill. Very short and rushed 3rd and 4th episodes and trying to stitch things together in the last one. IMO they are just chewing way more than they can bite - Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, A borderlands game, a GoT game  in production etc. and making people wait a month for a 1 hour rushed episode. Yeah, the Walking Dead is cliched but at least makes you care for the characters.

And I don't think the new Divinity is dated or clunky. I'm actually happy that the rpg games are going back to their roots, especially after seeing that the new Dragon Age has the pause system back. And Wasteland is not less popular, it's way more popular and was way more expected than the new Torment.

post #4455 of 5661
Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post
 

Nah, it just fell short for me. I don't want an explanation or anything. it was kinda half-assed for me - great first episode, then going downhill. Very short and rushed 3rd and 4th episodes and trying to stitch things together in the last one. IMO they are just chewing way more than they can bite - Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, A borderlands game, a GoT game  in production etc. and making people wait a month for a 1 hour rushed episode. Yeah, the Walking Dead is cliched but at least makes you care for the characters.

And I don't think the new Divinity is dated or clunky. I'm actually happy that the rpg games are going back to their roots, especially after seeing that the new Dragon Age has the pause system back. And Wasteland is not less popular, it's way more popular and was way more expected than the new Torment.

 

Torment: Tides of Numenera raised far more money on Kickstarter than Wasteland 2.  I wasn't calling Divinity: Original Sin clunky, I was referring to my concerns about Pillars of Eternity being clunky.  

 

I'm one of the few who is sort of in the middle when it comes to RPGs: I don't want tabletop simulators, yet I also don't want casual action semi-RPGs (like The Witcher 2).  In concept, Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer is nearly the example of the RPG I prefer: it has most of the gameplay complexity and diversity of the classics, while at the same time being 3D having virtually unlimited camera options (3rd person camera is far more immersive to me compared to isometric, since again I want to be in the world and not playing a virtual pen and paper game), and amazing writing.  However the character development isn't the absolute best.  

 

Dragon Age: Origins might be an even better example of what I want out of an RPG, for its dynamic character development and how responsive the plot is to your decisions, combined with tactical gameplay.  But the gameplay is a bit more dumbed down than I'd like.  If it had D&D rules and NWN 2's gameplay, combined with spell combos like Dragon Age and Divinity: Original Sin, that would be the best.  Open world would be a huge benefit for me, like Dragon Age: Inquisition which is my most anticipated game of the year.  But I think that's enough RPG ranting from me, since what I want will never be done unless I make my own studio. :evil: 


Edited by Rhamnetin - 7/20/14 at 4:09pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Games Discussion
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Rate the video games you're currently playing