or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Rate the video games you're currently playing
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rate the video games you're currently playing - Page 292

post #4366 of 5671
Quote:
Originally Posted by amigomatt View Post


Don't spoil it for me as well! I've got all 3 games and not started on any of them yet. Can we end this discussion or take it to PM now please?


cool

 

i wont post anything related to mass effect in this thread anymore.

 

if someone thinks he knows anything about ending from what I posted is not my problem.

post #4367 of 5671
Quote:
Originally Posted by GREQ View Post
 

FPS games are my bread and butter. So no problems there, however... 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

... you're a d**k... I can't believe you would spoil the ending for me. I hate you.... *block memeber*

 

This really makes me want to un-subscribe from this thread. 


you're in a thread about reviewing games...and people have been discussing games. Spoilers are bound to happen.

post #4368 of 5671

I'm surrounded by idiots.

I've never read a proper movie review or book review that gave anything away or spoiled it for me.

I'm not going to waste any more time arguing with a bunch of immature forum trolls.

 

Un-subbed.


Edited by GREQ - 6/12/14 at 12:16am
post #4369 of 5671
As I've grown older I've realized that it takes a certain type of person to call other people idiots...

You're browsing the Internet and can't handle being "spoiled" by something that happened 2 years ago, and then you throw a tantrum about it. Are you kidding me?

"Immature forum troll"
"I work in the game industry"
"I'm surrounded by idiots"
"I willingly place the limit for 'proper' review as those who don't spoil the plot for me, not the content of the review"

Your friends aren't dicks because they don't spoil it for you. They literally don't know or don't care. No one actually cares enough about the ending anymore to actually spoil it. Meaning, no one talks about ME3 anymore, which is the biggest disappointment of the franchise. You're really trying to make this seem much, much worse than it actually is, and you seem really insecure. I think we're okay with you leaving.
post #4370 of 5671
Quote:
Originally Posted by GREQ View Post
 

I'm surrounded by idiots.

I've never read a proper movie review or book review that gave anything away or spoiled it for me.

I'm not going to waste any more time arguing with a bunch of immature forum trolls.

 

Un-subbed.

LOL Sorry, but you're overreacting. No one spoiled anything for you. A game like ME is played for the entire experience no matter if the ending is stupid or predestined and can't be changed.

 

Everyone who played ME3 complained about the ending and whether you complain now because someone told you that the ending was a let down and lowered your expectations or playing the game with high expectations without that knowledge, which leads to a bigger let down when you reach that ending is something you shouldn't be stressing so much about. 

 

If anything they did you a solid one by lowering you expectations without actually spoiling anything and honestly, they are the ones who wasted time arguing with you - not the other way around.

post #4371 of 5671
Quote:
Originally Posted by GREQ View Post
 

I'm surrounded by idiots.

I've never read a proper movie review or book review that gave anything away or spoiled it for me.

I'm not going to waste any more time arguing with a bunch of immature forum trolls.

 

Un-subbed.


I love how you claim to work in the industry, and will not tell us where. Spoilers happen in reviews sometimes; the "spoiler" you saw has nothing to do with the game and you're being a child.


Edited by WhiteCrow - 6/12/14 at 12:36pm
post #4372 of 5671
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteCrow View Post
 


I love how you claim to work in the industry, and will not tell us where. Spoilers happen in reviews sometimes; the "spoiler" you saw has nothing to do with the game and you're being a child.

 

Works in the gaming industry.. IE. Buys games and resells them... xD

post #4373 of 5671
Quote:
Originally Posted by GREQ View Post
 

I'm surrounded by idiots.

I've never read a proper movie review or book review that gave anything away or spoiled it for me.

I'm not going to waste any more time arguing with a bunch of immature forum trolls.

 

Un-subbed.

"Immature forum trolls"

 

really? You're a grown man, and you're sad because someone spoiled a game for you ? :D 

post #4374 of 5671

This thread has turned into "Tantrum-Fi"... :popcorn:

post #4375 of 5671
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJScope View Post
 

This thread has turned into "Tantrum-Fi"... :popcorn:


no; he just threw a tantrum. We can continue to rate games and ignore him.

 

Dragon's Dogma(again) 8/10 this time around.

My initial playing experience was good; not fantastic. The game isn't too hard and is pretty fun, but YOU are the sole motivator for the game to continue; quests are fairly non linear and the gears pretty cool even if it is fairly limited in the vanilla world. The game REALLY opens up in past game, this is something I never reached on my first attempt as I still wanted to do things and eventually got bored. The post game is fun for no real reason other than you get to do a dungeon grind and its fantastic. cant wait to get to BitterButt Isle and get rekd by some insanly strong monsters.

post #4376 of 5671
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteCrow View Post
 


no; he just threw a tantrum. We can continue to rate games and ignore him.

 

Dragon's Dogma(again) 8/10 this time around.

My initial playing experience was good; not fantastic. The game isn't too hard and is pretty fun, but YOU are the sole motivator for the game to continue; quests are fairly non linear and the gears pretty cool even if it is fairly limited in the vanilla world. The game REALLY opens up in past game, this is something I never reached on my first attempt as I still wanted to do things and eventually got bored. The post game is fun for no real reason other than you get to do a dungeon grind and its fantastic. cant wait to get to BitterButt Isle and get rekd by some insanly strong monsters.

 

i am interested in DD Dark Arisen. will probably pick it up once my backlog is cleared.

 

Currently playing Dark Souls. 10/10

 

maybe not for everyone as it requires lot of patience and persistence. But very satisfying once you get powerful enough.

combat is very precise and requires some skill. if you are not careful, even most common enemy will kill you.

has incredibly imaginative art style and varied monsters. exploration and finding new areas feels very good.

 

Also finished demons souls some time ago. its a spiritual predecessor to dark souls another 10/10

 

so basically if you want same awesome combat and sense of exploration as dark souls, but with different world structure, lot more grinding, much better atmosphere and sense of place, then play demons souls.

post #4377 of 5671

Anyone currently addicted to FFXIV or ESO?

 

I'm currently engrossed in FFXI / Final Fantasy Online still. I have no interest in anything else now because games cost money.

FFXI is basically dead. If you want to sell anything on the auction house only about 10% of it will ever sell.

They put the game on life support by allowing NPCs as party members (non playable characters).

 

Lately i've been doing dynamis solo as BST/DNC (that's beasmaster which uses pets for support) because i've been so bored.

Usually if i'm not doing that i'll be wandering around trying to find something fun to do, like hunt "notorius monsters"

 

It's really sad that such a huge world is nearly dead. You can walk around in a place like "Bastok Markets_S" and only see maybe a couple people in an hour.

Years ago it was packed.

 

oh and I'd still give it an 8/10 or so.

 

If anyone plays it still i'll be shocked. I'm on the lahksmi server.

 

BTW someone i've avoided Dark Souls II. I don't want to aggravate myself or throw any controllers. Yeah I admit that right now I don't want any major challenges. Life is hard enough as it is.

 

Wish they had FFXIV for the Xbox 360... but apparently microsoft is dumb and won't allow it.

post #4378 of 5671
I play FF14 on my PC, just not atm since I'm out a computer, but starting September again definitely, I put in 110 hours already, which is somehow more hours than I've put into Blacklight Retribution. I swear I've played so much Blacklight lol

I love final fantasy, I'm currently grinding in FF13-2 and I have FF13 LR and FFX/X-2 HD on my backlog alongside FF14. I'm hoping FF12 will get a graphics bump for PS3, and hoping FF15 still comes out for PS3, though Sony might have my bid if FF15 is a PS4 exclusive. I'm probably getting a Xbox One anyways as a gift.

I don't think it's only Microsoft's doing, but partially Sony wanting to preserve the exclusivity of the franchise. I know Microsoft was adverse to the idea of cross platform gaming at one point for some reason, but I think under the new management that should change.
post #4379 of 5671
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blisse View Post

I play FF14 on my PC, just not atm since I'm out a computer, but starting September again definitely, I put in 110 hours already, which is somehow more hours than I've put into Blacklight Retribution. I swear I've played so much Blacklight lol

I love final fantasy, I'm currently grinding in FF13-2 and I have FF13 LR and FFX/X-2 HD on my backlog alongside FF14. I'm hoping FF12 will get a graphics bump for PS3, and hoping FF15 still comes out for PS3, though Sony might have my bid if FF15 is a PS4 exclusive. I'm probably getting a Xbox One anyways as a gift.

I don't think it's only Microsoft's doing, but partially Sony wanting to preserve the exclusivity of the franchise. I know Microsoft was adverse to the idea of cross platform gaming at one point for some reason, but I think under the new management that should change.

 

I refuse to play any FF games until Square Enix bring us a remake of FF7 liek they promised us. I've finished all of them up to FF8 :P

post #4380 of 5671
Re-playing a favourite of mine, Assassins Creed Revelations.

8.5/10

Now that I know the ending and the plot, I still think it's very enjoyable. Still it's not the best AC ever made (that would be AC2). IMO the AC series has gone downhill since Black flag. Ac3 was only decent, but Black flag, oh that was horrible.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Games Discussion
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Rate the video games you're currently playing