or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Rate the video games you're currently playing
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rate the video games you're currently playing - Page 284

post #4246 of 5196

Dark Souls 2 - 8/10

 

So I finally spent enough time with the game to rate it. There are some things that are better in the new one but there is also a bunch of stuff I don't like. The new game is bigger, has more different areas and bosses. On another hand, IMO it is a lot less original and often it actually does feel like Darks Souls 1.5 instead of a new game. A huge chunk of the bosses are just different takes on Dark Souls 1 bosses and this kinda dulls the rewarding feeling of defeating a boss coz it's not that fulfilling to kill a boss that has pretty much the same move set and weaknesses as DS1 bosses. 

 

I do like the newer take on NG+, which provides new stuff and some differences in certain boss encounters. I also like the idea of bonfire ascetics, which gives you to opportunity to raise the intensity in the area you burn them in and literally turns that area into a NG+ and above. This gives you the opportunity to actually get certain items in NG that you can get only in NG+, for instance. This difficulty also takes effect in the next playthroughs. So if you burn 2 bonfire ascetics in NG that area's difficulty won't reset in NG+ but will carry on, so in NG+ the intensity will equal NG+++. On the other hand, this brings me to the other new thing - enemies have a certain amount of respawns before they just stop spawning, which will force you to burn bornfire ascetics to reset the enemies in this area but it raises the difficulty. So if you're farming for certain materials or items or just want to grind after 10-15 runs you'll be forced to use a bonfire ascetic and whether this is a positive change is definitely questionable. 

 

I'm also not very impressed with the new upgrade system and the possibility to respec your character, which kinda defeats the purpose of creating new builds and experimenting with stats. Upgrade resources are a lot easier to obtain in Darks Souls2. While in DS1 there were only 2 titanite slabs per playthrough, which severely limited the possibility to upgrade your gear or experiment with new one, in Dark Souls 2 you can easily upgrade a whole bunch of stuff even in NG. The items that remain really hard to upgrade are the boss soul ones but most of them aren't that good anyway. Twinkling titanite is also kinda hard to obtain in enough quantities but is possible to get through the use of bonfire ascetics. Also now most weapons can just be upgraded to +10 and at any time can be infused using a specific stone to do elemental or other damage. That does decrease the scaling of the items, so isn't something that should really be used after certain level of character progression. 

 

Another thing that has changes is the addition of a main hub like in Demon's Souls although for me the fact that every time you need to level up you have to talk with an NPC that has the same annoying stuff to say every single time is a huge step back from DS1. Also gear now breaks A LOT faster than in the previous games and you can't fix it yourself, you'll have to go to a blacksmith for that or obtain repair powder to keep you items in better condition but it's costly and not readily available. Otherwise everything that isn't broken is fixed on its own while resting at bonfires. This change though makes a lot of weapons not viable for pvp. For instance, a washing pole will break in like 10 hits in certain areas and the new fast 2-handed weapons the twinblades are only usable in pvp as the break after like 2 heavy attacks.

 

A nice new addition is the possibility to actually dualwield weapons. Of course, unless one of the weapons has a parrying move you'll need to get good in dodging attacks. Also if you cover 1.5x of the stat requitements of the equipped weapons you can use powerstance, which lets you attack simultaneously with both weapons. A nice touch is the fact that such attacks will cost you double the amount of stamina, so it's not something that can be used lightly or feels OP. 

 

PvP is kinda broken right now coz there is a lot of OP stuff. You'll literally just run mainly into magic and pyro spammers coz these are the strongest builds right now. Pyromancies are EXTREMELY OP, which now is leading to the ridiculous "git gud" trend where magic and pyro spammers are just griefers, who without much effort 1-shot even very good players and spam their massage box with the stupid gg reference. Another new thing that needs fixing asap is poise, which doesn't work like in the previous Souls games. It's pretty much useless, which is making most people just go for the fastest possible weapons like claws, caestus, bare knuckles and they can just beat you to a pulp as even a single hit with a fist will stagger and stunlock even people wearing the best armors in the game like full Havel. 

 

Overall Dark Souls2 is still a Souls game and has its strong points and moments but IMO there is a whole bunch of stuff that needs patching and the merits of some of the new changes are questionable.


Edited by kova4a - 4/3/14 at 11:54am
post #4247 of 5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post




omg Konfuzed bro your SIG is awesome! *high fives*

My BIGGEST gripe with NFS U2 atm is the hacks don't work. I might download a Trainer, I JUST want to start the game ALL over with a IMpreza WRX, the car that I am currently working to buy! Going to talk to my bank today about getting an $8000 dollar car loan >.> but the good news is my mother is interested in purchasing my current Saab in addition to the fact that were looking at getting an appartment together [my mother is in a bad marriage, so we've agree'd to help each other out and get a place together. So that I can get on my feet better, and so that she can have a quiet place to sleep while she goes through all the paper work or get's her husband the help he needs]

Non the less, I'm looking at getting the WRX or getting a Miata, the decision is though do I go with AWD or stick with 2WD, I want to own a AWD car just because its ALL WHEELED AWESOMENESS, but the price ofc

speaking of which NFS U2 and Batman Arkham Asslyum/City are eating most of my time. Both are excellent games!
Lol thanks man biggrin.gif

Dude.. I have a hack.it gets you started with any car you want (I chose Supra) and you can choose the amount of bank you have. The max is 1,000,000 (I doubt you'll need that much).. It works great, i can send you a link if you want?

I'd say go with the WRX but that's only because of I'm an AWD fanboy.. But still if you wanna talk fun, the Miata is hard to beat especially at that price.
post #4248 of 5196

Are you running the 1.2 patch? If so LINK THAT SHIZX for me bro

 

but yea...  I might just start a new game with the Miata, honestly now that I've deicded to wind up with it as my next car of choice... WINNER

 

that said, now it's time to save >.>

post #4249 of 5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

Are you running the 1.2 patch? If so LINK THAT SHIZX for me bro

 

but yea...  I might just start a new game with the Miata, honestly now that I've deicded to wind up with it as my next car of choice... WINNER

 

that said, now it's time to save >.>

Yup v1.2 http://www.mediafire.com/download/usf9r09nrxgdf5p/Need+for+Speed+Underground+2+Profile+Creator.exe

 

Once you choose you car and your money, dont forget to unlock all the performance upgrades, body parts, etc. Click on each one of them and you unlock every thing for your car.. Enjoy!

post #4250 of 5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkonfuzed View Post
 

Yup v1.2 http://www.mediafire.com/download/usf9r09nrxgdf5p/Need+for+Speed+Underground+2+Profile+Creator.exe

 

Once you choose you car and your money, dont forget to unlock all the performance upgrades, body parts, etc. Click on each one of them and you unlock every thing for your car.. Enjoy!

ehh honestly, I got to end game with my Civic last night... and after tuning like 8 different cars, I really do like the MX5 the best, I prefer to use Street X Tracks to test my set ups with seeing as the Dyno track is pretty small so it's a lot of hard stops, sharp turns and accelerating.

 

I got down to 16.4 with the MX5, the Civic, Impreza and even the Lan Evo, best I could do with those guys was 17.34 

 

and I did tune the engine and gear ratio for a lot of acceleration, in addition to modifing the Supession and Down force of each car.

 

This was all at like 3am so I'm sure I can get my time down even more

 

still Street X is my favorite race to run q.q, wish the game had more tracks for it

post #4251 of 5196

Final Fantasy XI (Online) - 8/10

 

Been playing this for years and just reactivated my character after not playing regularly for a long time.

It seems this is no longer a "massively multiplayer" online RPG. If you want to level from 1-75 (or until Abyssea levels) you're probably going to be doing it all solo.

They used to have a thing called "Fields of Valor" or "Grounds of Valor" but nobody seems to be doing that anymore in a party/alliance.

 

Right now to level i've been using 3 NPCs (non playable characters) along with a /BST subjob (for charmable pet). In the past few weeks i've gone from level 22 to 57 as a Bard.

 

I also just got the latest expansion but haven't been back there once yet. My main job is a level 99 BST.

 

BTW what's lame is that when I came back all my friends had left and my linkshells were dead. Linkshells allow you to chat with a group of people all at once.

 

It even takes forever to sell things on the auction house and sometimes you'll have to skip getting gear because none is available.

 

Square Enix needs to try to get more players online or join up servers. The game might be dead within the next year.

 

I know that they now have FFXIV out...

 

I'm on the server Lahkshmi if anyone plays and wants to do anything. Maybe we can team up and kill Bubbly Bernie.

post #4252 of 5196

 
Looking forward to this!

post #4253 of 5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioNoob101 View Post

MW2 UNFORTUNATLEY. 7/10. Multiplayer not the compaign

Are you talking about the multiplayer more recently or how it was since release? MW2 is one of my favorite online experiences of all time, but with the game being almost 5 years old, the user base is really a shadow of its former self now.

post #4254 of 5196
Playing FF14, really enjoying it. I really miss MMOs. Been playing exclusively single player games for the last 4-5 years since I quit Starcraft 2, Runescape, Maplestory and Counterstrike (and some others I don't remember). I don't like the subscription but I'm fine with it (since I have money now yay!) as long as the content that comes out is fresh and entertaining. I'm very happy to support SE and the FF franchise, can't wait to play FF13-2 and FF13:LR when I get back home in a couple of days.
post #4255 of 5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by deciBel23 View Post

Are you talking about the multiplayer more recently or how it was since release? MW2 is one of my favorite online experiences of all time, but with the game being almost 5 years old, the user base is really a shadow of its former self now.

I miss being able to run around with a knife and stab someone from like half a block away. MW2 was awesome
post #4256 of 5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdockweiler View Post
 

Final Fantasy XI (Online) - 8/10

 

Been playing this for years and just reactivated my character after not playing regularly for a long time.

It seems this is no longer a "massively multiplayer" online RPG. If you want to level from 1-75 (or until Abyssea levels) you're probably going to be doing it all solo.

They used to have a thing called "Fields of Valor" or "Grounds of Valor" but nobody seems to be doing that anymore in a party/alliance.

 

Right now to level i've been using 3 NPCs (non playable characters) along with a /BST subjob (for charmable pet). In the past few weeks i've gone from level 22 to 57 as a Bard.

 

I also just got the latest expansion but haven't been back there once yet. My main job is a level 99 BST.

 

BTW what's lame is that when I came back all my friends had left and my linkshells were dead. Linkshells allow you to chat with a group of people all at once.

 

It even takes forever to sell things on the auction house and sometimes you'll have to skip getting gear because none is available.

 

Square Enix needs to try to get more players online or join up servers. The game might be dead within the next year.

 

I know that they now have FFXIV out...

 

I'm on the server Lahkshmi if anyone plays and wants to do anything. Maybe we can team up and kill Bubbly Bernie.


It kinda seems like they are going to try and move XIV into a more XI style of MMO at time gos on; and I would be totally down with that. I really did like XI when I played it; but some aspects could have used work...not relics though, having to work for a reward was awsome.

post #4257 of 5196

  ps4 gameplay..looking forward to this..i miss the driving on gta5, be back behind the wheel again in watchdogs!

post #4258 of 5196

Conker's Bad Fur Day on N64. Old school for the new school.

post #4259 of 5196

Dark Souls 2 9/10
but after an hour 1/10, cause im just dying 1000 times that i need to just take a break and calm my rage down, but i always go back to it cause it's fun when i'm in somewhat of a calm state.

 

Battlefield 4 6/10

Jesus, this game, i just cant describe it, it's just broken but i do find some enjoyment in it


Edited by creative1565 - 4/24/14 at 8:42pm
post #4260 of 5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by creative1565 View Post
 

Dark Souls 2 9/10
but after an hour 1/10, cause im just dying 1000 times that i need to just take a break and calm my rage down, but i always go back to it cause it's fun when i'm in somewhat of a calm state.

 

Battlefield 4 6/10

Jesus, this game, i just cant describe it, it's just broken but i do find some enjoyment in it

just throwing this out there; if you find a "screamer" someone talking about in Darksouls 2 for PC(to spook the pirates). DO NOT CLICK IT! someone made an .htx file with a self installing .rat hidden in it; and it will give you the screamer...and malware.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Games Discussion
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Rate the video games you're currently playing