Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Rate the video games you're currently playing
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rate the video games you're currently playing - Page 282

post #4216 of 4668
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post

I actually liked Carbon, probably the last NFS game to have a story backed up racing campaign.

My order of preference for NFS would be:

NFSU1 = NFSMW 2005
NFSU2 = Carbon
NFSMW 2012 = Hot Pursuit 2010 = Shift
Shift 2 
ProStreet (only because the handling of the cars sucked arse)

Still playing Rivals atm and the it sucks.

If I threw Grid series into the list above, Grid 1 would be first along with NFSU1 and MW 2005. Grid 2 would be somewhere around Shift 2 ranking as the game was just too easy but some of the tracks were frustrating to drive on towards the last few races (Veyron, pro touge, narrow mountain zig zaggy track, 350km/h = omg).

Agree with you on Rivals. What I hate most about it is the fact that there are very few cars. And the Cop mode absolutely sucks.

Why can't they just create a remake of NFSU/2 with good graphics for current generation consoles? It would make everyone happy.

My order of preference would be:
NFSU
NFS Hot Pursuit 2002 (the old version, one of the most awesome nfs of all time)
NFS carbon = NFS most wanted (the old one)
NFSU 2
NFS hot pursuit 2010
NFS rivals
NFS most wanted 2011
Nfs pro street
NFS shift = shift unleashed 2
post #4217 of 4668
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkonfuzed View Post


Agree with you on Rivals. What I hate most about it is the fact that there are very few cars. And the Cop mode absolutely sucks.

Why can't they just create a remake of NFSU/2 with good graphics for current generation consoles? It would make everyone happy.

My order of preference would be:
NFSU
NFS Hot Pursuit 2002 (the old version, one of the most awesome nfs of all time)
NFS carbon = NFS most wanted (the old one)
NFSU 2

BRO NFS U2 can have 1080p Graphics on the PC. And it looks great I think!

 

But yea Consouels need a NFS U2 reboot, and the OLD Most Wanted needs 1080p BADLY... the pc hacks for MW are buggy sadly

 

But I really need to play Underground on my pc q.q 

post #4218 of 4668

 Watch this!

post #4219 of 4668

Surprised you rated Shift 1 so low. It was a very good and in a way realistic racing sim from NFS. Different to the usual racing arcade style the other NFS' are. 

 

I didn't include the pre-2000 NFS' because I haven't played them in over 15 years. 

post #4220 of 4668
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post
 

Surprised you rated Shift 1 so low. It was a very good and in a way realistic racing sim from NFS. Different to the usual racing arcade style the other NFS' are. 

 

I didn't include the pre-2000 NFS' because I haven't played them in over 15 years. 

 

Shift was decent with a few mods installed, racing was hectic and fun, and the cockpit view was great. Shift 2 was nigh on unplayable for me and most of my buddies simply due to the horrendous input lag. I know some people don't notice it but if you've played a lot of racing titles it is pretty damn apparent, even though the developer refused to acknowledge it...

 

Funnily enough SMS's new game PCARS (I'm currently part of the closed alpha), which used the same engine (more or less) as the Shift series, also started out with the horrible input lag. Eventually the community was vocal enough about it that the SMS team actually went back and redeveloped the underlying code and the change was dramatic. 

post #4221 of 4668
I haven't tried the mods but I liked Shift. Yes Shift 2 had severe input lag problems. Annoyed the heck out of me because my car won't steer when I want it to.
post #4222 of 4668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post

BRO NFS U2 can have 1080p Graphics on the PC. And it looks great I think!

But yea Consouels need a NFS U2 reboot, and the OLD Most Wanted needs 1080p BADLY... the pc hacks for MW are buggy sadly

But I really need to play Underground on my pc q.q 

You know what tongue.gif I'm downloading UG2 now!
post #4223 of 4668
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post

Surprised you rated Shift 1 so low. It was a very good and in a way realistic racing sim from NFS. Different to the usual racing arcade style the other NFS' are. 

I didn't include the pre-2000 NFS' because I haven't played them in over 15 years. 

To be honest I don't like realistic circuit kinda racing, makes me feel too old. The only thing I liked about Shift was the drifting..
post #4224 of 4668

I never liked Shift, Grid was a much better game. As a huge Colin Mcrae fan I really like the first Dirt game but it the franchise went downhill after it. To be honest, even though I'm not very keen on arcade racers probably the most fun I had with a racing game for the past 5 years was with Split Second - it had cool mechanics and was a blast to play with friends.

post #4225 of 4668

 Payback!

post #4226 of 4668
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkonfuzed View Post


You know what tongue.gif I'm downloading UG2 now!

YAY! how did you like it? Or do you like it, I swear I've played that game like 16 times [beaten it every time] it really never gets old for me Q.Q I wish some one would build some SERIOUSLY heavy mods for it, and start expanding the maps

post #4227 of 4668

South Park: The Stick of Truth on PC with a bluetooth gamepad
Gameplay - 10/10. No question. The game delivered as promised: 7 hr episode of South park.

Replay value: 4/10. Only good for showing scenes to people who haven't played. I discovered all the "secrets" and got the best items the first time around. The second wasn't as fun. The storyline changes for about an hour of gameplay but that's it.

Overall 7/10

post #4228 of 4668

I am playing infamous second son on ps4..it's a decent game.. plays like one big cut scene!

post #4229 of 4668

 

post #4230 of 4668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

YAY! how did you like it? Or do you like it, I swear I've played that game like 16 times [beaten it every time] it really never gets old for me Q.Q I wish some one would build some SERIOUSLY heavy mods for it, and start expanding the maps

Simply amazing. I'm actually surprised that the graphics are quite good for a game that is nearly 11 years old. Other than that I'm enjoying roaming around with my Supra and beating people. And man, the exhaust notes and turbo whine on that game are accurate as hell. It really does sound like real life. How did they manage to pull all that off in 2003?!

 

 

How do you like my Supra :wink_face: 2jz motor FTW!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Games Discussion
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Rate the video games you're currently playing