Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Rate the video games you're currently playing
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rate the video games you're currently playing - Page 269

post #4021 of 4478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post

... pff aint no body got time for dem Rims...

all about that Spoiler son! 
Nah mate, it's all about that stage 3 turbooooooooo.... Tshhhhhhhh...
post #4022 of 4478
Quote:
Originally Posted by amigomatt View Post


Nah mate, it's all about that stage 3 turbooooooooo.... Tshhhhhhhh...

ehhh

 

Not sure Grid 2 will get much action >.> I'm SO used to the NFS physics I guess... I twirl around like a moron on Grid xD I must have spun that Mustang out... a least twice per race >.>

 

Even with the Nissan I just got <.< not much better... so used to have Arcade ish NFS is q.q

post #4023 of 4478

I been lately playing all FEAR Games wow there some segments of the game that you jump especially in the dark.. or maybe I'm a wimp.. lol

post #4024 of 4478
Fear 2 scared the living crap out of me, especially in the school...
post #4025 of 4478
Nothing is scarier than Outlast. With headphones on, I've not yet been able to cope with getting past the first 15 mins.

Re: Grid 2, I also found the sliding around to be a bit excessive. Practice, practice..
post #4026 of 4478
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGBSpencer View Post
 

I been lately playing all FEAR Games wow there some segments of the game that you jump especially in the dark.. or maybe I'm a wimp.. lol

 

Have you tried fear files yet? and condemned criminal origins is another good one made by monolith!

post #4027 of 4478
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin vegas View Post

Have you tried fear files yet? and condemned criminal origins is another good one made by monolith!
I bought Condemned a few weeks ago but haven't got round to playing it yet.
post #4028 of 4478
Quote:
Originally Posted by amigomatt View Post

Nothing is scarier than Outlast. With headphones on, I've not yet been able to cope with getting past the first 15 mins.

Re: Grid 2, I also found the sliding around to be a bit excessive. Practice, practice..

Byound excessive, nothing turns me off more than learning a new physics engine :/ 

post #4029 of 4478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by amigomatt View Post

Nothing is scarier than Outlast. With headphones on, I've not yet been able to cope with getting past the first 15 mins.

Re: Grid 2, I also found the sliding around to be a bit excessive. Practice, practice..

Byound excessive, nothing turns me off more than learning a new physics engine :/ 

Every modern racing game feels wrong to me - although I learned how to race on the original Carmageddon - which if I'm correct was the first 3D racer with a working physics engine.

I remember it took me weeks to learn the GT2 engine, which was a lot of fun.

Had one go on a need for speed game once, and just gave up instantly - hated it. 

 

Back on topic - played Team Fortress 2 again today after over a year hiatus. Man it's so much fun. Easily a 9/10 still to this day. 

post #4030 of 4478
Quote:
Originally Posted by GREQ View Post
 

Every modern racing game feels wrong to me - although I learned how to race on the original Carmageddon - which if I'm correct was the first 3D racer with a working physics engine.

I remember it took me weeks to learn the GT2 engine, which was a lot of fun.

Had one go on a need for speed game once, and just gave up instantly - hated it. 

 

Back on topic - played Team Fortress 2 again today after over a year hiatus. Man it's so much fun. Easily a 9/10 still to this day. 

The GT Engine I don't mind. It was hard to adjust too but doable, do they have PC Gran T? Also... There was an xBox racer I enjoyed... it gave you Kudos? That was nice, how ever Grid is just too touchy and slidy... overly slippery no thanks. Heck even the Dirt 3 Engine was enjoyable, it just sucks it's still under Windows <.< 

 

Also still enjoying xCom 

post #4031 of 4478

I have been playing max payne 3 and I think it's a pile of crap, even manhunt 2 on the wii was a better game!

post #4032 of 4478
What? Max Payne 3 was fun as all hell, and a very beautiful game. Oh well, different tastes, I guess.





The only racing games I really like are Burnout Revenge and the Ridge Racer drift-mechanic games. I'm a sucker for arcadey type racers.

I seriously do not like the new open world model for racing games, as it severely limits the environments to just a city and some outskirts. I much prefer a variety of levels with different environments, like snow levels, deserts, etc.

Lots of hate for Need for Speed: The Run, but I liked it as the levels were very different from one another. I own Most Wanted, and the single open world map bored me to tears. Same with Burnout Paradise. I miss the older Burnout Games...

I was close to getting Rivals, but was immediately was turned off by the open world design.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 1/4/14 at 9:36pm
post #4033 of 4478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

What? Max Payne 3 was fun as all hell, and a very beautiful game. Oh well, different tastes, I guess.





The only racing games I really like are Burnout Revenge and the Ridge Racer drift-mechanic games. I'm a sucker for arcadey type racers.

I seriously do not like the new open world model for racing games, as it severely limits the environments to just a city and some outskirts. I much prefer a variety of levels with different environments, like snow levels, deserts, etc.

Lots of hate for Need for Speed: The Run, but I liked it as the levels were very different from one another. I own Most Wanted, and the single open world map bored me to tears. Same with Burnout Paradise. I miss the older Burnout Games...

I was close to getting Rivals, but was immediately was turned off by the open world design.

I agree Max Payne 3 was a great game. Told a decent story too with great delivery, but was a tad cliche. The only complaint I have is that the game felt really unbalanced sometimes difficulty wise. The last airport level definitely could have used a couple of extra checkpoints. The game never felt too cheap though.

 

As for rivals, normally the open world thing turns me off as well (just look at one of my earlier posts). I believe this looks like one exception though as Burnout Paradise was quite a bit of fun once you got used to the whole open world racing. It was definitely a nice spin on racing games especially not having to hit check points like in midnight club.

post #4034 of 4478
It all felt too samey though. You drive around the same map for the entirety of the game. I can understand that for a GTA type game, but for racing, not so much. Therepetition sets in, and no locale changes just bother me.

I miss Cruis'n'USA type games that have a lot of levels, and things to look at. Not just some generic storefronts and buildings.

One thing I loved about NFS: The Run was the dramatically altering landscapes on some levels. It was cool. Don't understand why people hated it so much. It was different. Like playing a movie.
post #4035 of 4478
The old GT Legends has the best handling, IMO and it still looks and plays brilliantly now.

I've just ordered a 2560x1440 monitor with a Radeon R9 290 4GB card. They should be with me in the next week or so. Quite an upgrade from my present HD5850 1 GB running at 1080p. Given that I've got a core i7 3820 and 16GB of RAM, I can't wait! Apparently this monitor overclocks to 120mhz refresh rate as well! It's gonna be tough trying to juggle my work/gigs/girlfriend/gaming duties me thinks..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Games Discussion
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Rate the video games you're currently playing