Hey, I am playing Dead Space 3 at the moment and hope can answer your question. Surely It's not as scary as the first Dead Space, this is the third times you encounter with the Necromorph so there's that.
- Ammo is plenty, if you upgrade enough, the Necromorph don't pose a threat anymore, thus encounter them become a chore.
- Control is fluid, which makes the game become more like an action game. The first Dead Space is scary to me because the character was clumsy and slow to control.
- Sound is amazing, with a headset you can tell precisely where the Necromorph coming from with their scream and footsteps.
- Graphic is beautiful on high setting.
- Other characters is unlikable (whining bitch, jerk.. etc)
I think It's fun and have a lot of replay value, especially if you have a COOP buddy. Otherwise, It's not a real horror game and a sub-standard action game.