Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Rate the video games you're currently playing
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rate the video games you're currently playing - Page 205

post #3061 of 4765
Disc 2... frown.gif
post #3062 of 4765

This.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

Disc 2... frown.gif
post #3063 of 4765

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

Enjoying Resident Evil 6 so far. It's the first RE game I've been interested in since I played and beat Code Veronica on the Dreamcast many years ago. I tried RE5 and that control scheme was just...no. As for Resident Evil 4, I think I might have to try it at some point.

Do so. I expect you have a real  hard time enjoying RE6 after that :)

post #3064 of 4765

Rented RE6 from Redbox yesterday,  and man am I  glad I pre-order Dishonored instead.

Imagine buying a Sennheiser that sounded like Beats.

Half the game is nothing more than quick time button smashing and analog wiggling and cut scenes.

I think it's time to stop calling RE a survival horror and call it what it is.... a third person shooter.

 

Lollipop Chainsaw was more scary.

 

I rate it 5/10

post #3065 of 4765
Quote:
Originally Posted by oqvist View Post

Do so. I expect you have a real  hard time enjoying RE6 after that smily_headphones1.gif

Why? RE6 is still a good game. 7 good. I'm fine renting a 7. It's enjoyable, though pretty standard combat mechanics. However, LOTS of set pieces, which always keeps me entertained. Does it feel like a Resident Evil? Probably not, but since I don't have any real nostalgia to compare it to, I'm playing this game without any bias whatsoever.
post #3066 of 4765

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post


Why? RE6 is still a good game. 7 good. I'm fine renting a 7. It's enjoyable, though pretty standard combat mechanics. However, LOTS of set pieces, which always keeps me entertained. Does it feel like a Resident Evil? Probably not, but since I don't have any real nostalgia to compare it to, I'm playing this game without any bias whatsoever.

I don´t have nostalgia either. I just enjoy good games. Would you rather rent a 7 rather then a 10? RE 4 is still action but manage to maintain more of the survival horror side :)

post #3067 of 4765

You guys arent inspiring alot of confidence in my decision to play Xenogears lol

post #3068 of 4765
Xenogears is a near masterpiece. Disc 2 is just disappointing because its completely linear until near the end. They funnel you through almost all events on Disc 2 which is way restrictive compared to disc 1. The way they force you through the story on disc 2 was disappointing.

Overall though, the game is a classic. One of the greatest games of all time.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 10/5/12 at 1:00am
post #3069 of 4765

Completely agree. Redownloading my long lost OC Remix album for it right now.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

Xenogears is a near masterpiece. Disc 2 is just disappointing because its completely linear until near the end. They funnel you through almost all events on Disc 2 which is way restrictive compared to disc 1. The way they force you through the story on disc 2 was disappointing.
Overall though, the game is a classic. One of the greatest games of all time.
post #3070 of 4765
I love that album.
post #3071 of 4765

Playing Dishonored right now.

 

I love the game. Amazing mix of stealth and action. NPCs in the world could use a bit more filler chat, but other then that the game is amazing

post #3072 of 4765

Running dishonored as well. Doing the stealth approach.

Great fun though I would have liked it to have more potential as an action title. Vampire Bloodlines was amazing in this regard.

I just find it annoying when things go to hell and you get all these guards charging :)

 

I do have some stability issues with it though. It like to crash when loading a new area. When I start it I get msi Exec installing every time.

post #3073 of 4765

Me three... Not really enjoying it though I have to say. Maybe it's cause i'd rather be playing Demon's Souls?

post #3074 of 4765

Playing the new XCom. Having a lot of fun.

 

Only complaint are the dang mini-cutscenes every time you find an enemy.

post #3075 of 4765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortunex View Post

Playing the new XCom. Having a lot of fun.

 

Only complaint are the dang mini-cutscenes every time you find an enemy.


So jealous, my video card kicked the bucket so I m using my back up.

I'm playing magic the gathering 2013, the game kicks my arse but it's compelling enough to keep trying

7/10

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Games Discussion
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Rate the video games you're currently playing