Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Creative Zen Sleek (mini Review-ish)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Creative Zen Sleek (mini Review-ish) - Page 6

post #76 of 91
Thanks, yeah. I got that upgrade on Friday or Saturday...was poking around the Support pages of Creative and found the link, so I downloaded and installed it.
post #77 of 91
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by L@urens
Hi, i saw a review of the Zen Sleek on Cnet.co.uk, and the unit they got to review got a small dent a the lower left corner on the back of the unit.
My question is, is the alluminium thick and sturdy enough to resist shocks well or do you have the feeling that a dent is easily made? because i saw pictures of the bottom of the unit and from what i've seen it doesn't look like its made from thick alluminium, but rather from a thin kind. Its possible i'm wrong, but it didn't seem as sturdy and thick like lets say the ipod mini, or is it?

Hope to hear from a owner soon cause im really considering to buy one
The player seems to have a semi-thin layer but I'm suprised that it caused a dent like that.
post #78 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric_Mofo
The player seems to have a semi-thin layer but I'm suprised that it caused a dent like that.
Yeah well they weren't possitive about the player at all, so maybe they damaged him on purpose hehe. Just kiddin, but i am afraid that it easily gets dents and stuff because it doesn't seem really sturdy from the pics that i've seen (looks like very thin alluminium). But should i have to be worried about that or not? cause i don't want a player that gets dents or something when i lay it on the table a little bit to roughly.. But i haven't seen (on forums and stuff) any complaints about that so far, so maybe i'm just being too worried
post #79 of 91
I've been on a hunt for good cases for a while now. Unfortunately the only Sleek-specific case is from Noreve and costs $50 plus shipping. I've ordered 2 iPod cases which appear to be a fit for the Sleek but they're not here yet. Anyway, once it goes in the case, it's staying there, so I really won't worry much about dings at that point.
post #80 of 91
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvallere
I've been on a hunt for good cases for a while now. Unfortunately the only Sleek-specific case is from Noreve and costs $50 plus shipping. I've ordered 2 iPod cases which appear to be a fit for the Sleek but they're not here yet. Anyway, once it goes in the case, it's staying there, so I really won't worry much about dings at that point.
What Ipod cases were these?
post #81 of 91
Any progs?

I ordered a Sleek few days ago, waiting for it to ship in =).
post #82 of 91
Thread Starter 
Actaually I've began to notice some browning og the touch pad. Im not sure if its my dirty fingers but It does'nt get ant whiter when I clean it so I'm assuming that its the touch pad's worn in colour. Also their is a colour version of this model soon to be released, very annoying indeed.
post #83 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric_Mofo
Actaually I've began to notice some browning og the touch pad. Im not sure if its my dirty fingers but It does'nt get ant whiter when I clean it so I'm assuming that its the touch pad's worn in colour. Also their is a colour version of this model soon to be released, very annoying indeed.
ya just saw a picture for this earlier and wow... that one picture i saw looked awesome.
post #84 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric_Mofo
What Ipod cases were these?
They are by Lifepod (www.lifepod.net). I ordered mine from urbanoutfitters.com (search "ipod" to find them) at $9.99.

They are a flip-face case; inside is a clear sleeve that the DAP sits in and stays in. This is the only case where the headphone jack cutout was in the right place (at least, it's the only one I could find so far).



post #85 of 91
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvallere
They are by Lifepod (www.lifepod.net). I ordered mine from urbanoutfitters.com (search "ipod" to find them) at $9.99.

They are a flip-face case; inside is a clear sleeve that the DAP sits in and stays in. This is the only case where the headphone jack cutout was in the right place (at least, it's the only one I could find so far).



Thats nice!
post #86 of 91
Yeah, it's good, just 2 minor problems. One is, the clear sleeve is a bit big for the Sleek, so it wobbles around in it (minor, could be solved with a slice of foam behind the Sleek), the other is, the strap/belt clip thing seems like it's sewn on upside down. I'm not sure if they designed it that way or if it's a flaw, but when you have it clipped to the belt, the bottom of the Sleek is up, and the opening of the clear sleeve is down. So you have to be very careful when opening the flap part of the case, because if you're not careful, the Sleek will fall out of the clear sleeve and land on the floor.
post #87 of 91
Curious as to one thing-it says the minimum OS requirements are XP, but I have ME, and already have creative mediasource installed on this computer from my muvo. Does anyone think it would still work for me?
post #88 of 91
could someone post more live pics ?
post #89 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melik
could someone post more live pics ?
ya that would be kew
post #90 of 91
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Mauler
ya that would be kew
I would but I am no longer a Zen Sleek owner
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Creative Zen Sleek (mini Review-ish)