or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Sennheiser HD580 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Sennheiser HD580 Impressions Thread - Page 91

post #1351 of 1613

Does anyone know where I can pick up a replacement headphone cable for my Sennheiser 585's? I found one on Amazon.com but sadly, they won't ship this item to Canada for some reason. I also found one on Headroom, but the shipping costs to Canada exceed the price they're charging for the cable! (I just can't bring myself to pay $44 shipping charges for a $39 cable.....why don't companies offer USPS services to Canada for simple items like this?)

post #1352 of 1613

Intel(R) IPP JPEG encoder [7.1.1]

my new hd580. To sell or not to sell?

post #1353 of 1613

Is $200 a fair price?

post #1354 of 1613
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkcheong View Post
 

Is $200 a fair price?


For a brand new in the box 580, yes. I'd say that is a very reasonable price. I doubt there are very many new, in-the-box, 580s anywhere any longer. If you list it on a auction site I wouldn't be surprised if you got more than that.

post #1355 of 1613

I just refurbished an aged HD580. Grilles painted black, mini-XLR termination, lambskin leather headband. Love them.

 

post #1356 of 1613
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratocaster View Post
 

I just refurbished an aged HD580. Grilles painted black, mini-XLR termination, lambskin leather headband. Love them.

 

Very nice! 

post #1357 of 1613

Lovely Indeed :)

post #1358 of 1613
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratocaster View Post

I just refurbished an aged HD580. Grilles painted black, mini-XLR termination, lambskin leather headband. Love them.


Did you sand the grilles at all?
post #1359 of 1613

Made a guy on eBay an offer of $160 for a used (in excellent condition, supposedly) pair of HD 580 Precision headphones and he took it !!  I should get them tomorrow or Friday.  I think I got a good deal.  Can't wait for them to get here !!

post #1360 of 1613
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratocaster View Post
 

I just refurbished an aged HD580. Grilles painted black, mini-XLR termination, lambskin leather headband. Love them.

 


Okay, I need to know how you did this.  Instructions/How to guide?  Please?  Also, where'd you get the lambskin headband?

post #1361 of 1613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boochie View Post
 

Made a guy on eBay an offer of $160 for a used (in excellent condition, supposedly) pair of HD 580 Precision headphones and he took it !!  I should get them tomorrow or Friday.  I think I got a good deal.  Can't wait for them to get here !!

 

You got a great deal. They are, for all intents and purposes, a pair of HD600's ;)  (If you look around on the web, you can find measurements that confirm that the two are essentially identical.)

 

Love mine. One of only two headphones that will never leave my stable.

post #1362 of 1613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boochie View Post
 


Okay, I need to know how you did this.  Instructions/How to guide?  Please?  Also, where'd you get the lambskin headband?

 

I did not sand the grilles, just applied some layers of black spray paint and finalized the whole thing with some layers of transparent lacquer.

The lambskin headband is DIY, used some soft foam and a really thin and high-quality lambskin.

post #1363 of 1613
Subscribed.
post #1364 of 1613
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratocaster View Post
 

 

I did not sand the grilles, just applied some layers of black spray paint and finalized the whole thing with some layers of transparent lacquer.

The lambskin headband is DIY, used some soft foam and a really thin and high-quality lambskin.


You could make some serious money if you started making and selling those mods. That is the nicest HD580 I have ever seen by far!!

post #1365 of 1613

Now you guys went and done it...I gotta go get my HD580's and try them out on my new Lyr amp. Be back in about 8 hours:beyersmile:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Sennheiser HD580 Impressions Thread