Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphones handle very fast, complex music better: Sennheiser or Grado? [and NOT just hard... Last post on 7/13/14 at 9:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which sennheiser over ear headphones actually have good bass response? Last post on 7/3/12 at 5:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser-closed Last post on 8/1/12 at 9:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD580 > HD650? Last post on 8/19/11 at 10:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- Want truly high end headphones - look no further than your local WALMART!!! Last post on 10/19/11 at 8:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
So, these are quite good, actually. But I am not as impressed as I should be after paying 500 Euro. There are some very nice things here, but also some very bad ones, and some silly...
Well, I am really happy that these headphones exist, although I am angry with the designers for ruining something almost perfect with a stupid detail like too thin earpads. But, let's start...
If you are looking for an inexpensive USB cable, this is an OK way to spend your money. It will reduce some of the digital irritants and sounds better than the "comes with" usb cables packaged...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
If you told me that my review of a pair of headphones would somehow combine golf, science-fiction, sorcery and a supersonic jet I’d say you’re crazy. But then again if you told me I would...
The Sennheiser HD580 Impressions Thread - Page 83post #1231 of 146312/24/12 at 12:58pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1232 of 146312/27/12 at 8:24am
Are these HP particularly good or specialize in mainstream R&B, Hip-Hop, or Country. Do they isolate well and are comfortable? And is it pointless to get a HP of this caliber, if just listening to MP3’s on the go?post #1233 of 146312/27/12 at 8:43amQuote:
Yes and no...and yes and yes... unless you have an amp. Are you sure you're in the right thread? These are open phones. they don't isolate well and they need amplification. You ideally would want a low impedance phone to listen out of an iPod or similar portable device without an amp.post #1234 of 146312/27/12 at 9:11am
Thanks for the reply. I'm willing to get an amp, but I must of overlooked the fact that they are open cans (I apologize). Can you recommend any closed cans that excel at the above in the Sennheiser brand?post #1235 of 146312/27/12 at 3:00pmpost #1236 of 146312/27/12 at 3:45pmpost #1237 of 146312/28/12 at 7:22am
I would be coming from a CAL!. And I'm considering those brands too as I've asked similiar questions in they're dedicated enthusiast threads. Just doing my research...I've read a ton and now try to get people's opinions. I'm not in a situation where I can try before I buy so I ask a lot of questions. Thanks for your help!post #1238 of 146312/28/12 at 7:50am
Check out the big Beyerdynamic dt250 thread. That may get you closest to the hd580 sound. Very nice closed phones....can't really go wrong with those, imo. I used to own them but for some reason or other they skipped my mind.post #1239 of 14631/23/13 at 6:10pm
have to bump this thread as a I found a pair of 580s on the local Craigslist for $40. Great price but they needed new earpads, headband pad and cord. I bought new pads and an HD650 cable and am back in business. I've owned 650s, 600s and 580s before and always fall in love with them again. Just a fantastic all rounder! I think they are also excellent for streaming music from services like MOG, Spotify etc as they manage the trick of having good detail without having an overly analytical high end
Edited by Vaughn - 1/23/13 at 6:12pmpost #1240 of 14631/27/13 at 1:10pm
it seems it's HD 580 bargain time, as I was also able to get a pair for $90.
I was really looking for some great deal on HD580/HD600 for months... and I'm so happy I finally got my first Hi-Fi can.
Right now I own HD555, Sony V6, JVC HSA400 and Superlux 668, so all cans quite easy to drive with my Fiio E6..which I think is probably not enough to manage the 300 ohm impedance of the HD 580. So I guess I'd probably need to buy a new amp for them.
As I'm trying to save a bit of $ at the moment, which amp do you suggest in the < $60 range which would help with these Headphones ?
And regarding the mod mentioned all along this thread (replacing HD580 grills with HD600 ones - $12 each), can anybody help in pointing out a place (Europe delivery) where these can be bought ? It seems I can not find them anywhere on the web/ebay at the moment.
Thanks for your help.post #1241 of 14631/27/13 at 1:17pmpost #1242 of 14631/27/13 at 1:18pm
Does anyone know where I can get a replacement driver? I got careless with a screwdriver and busted the right side on mine.
FWIW the last few sets went for $180 on ebay... they're holding steady after all these years. I paid about $200 for mine 6 years ago.post #1243 of 14631/27/13 at 1:20pmpost #1244 of 14631/27/13 at 1:38pmpost #1245 of 14631/27/13 at 2:55pmQuote:
Thanks for suggestion, but I forgot to mention I'd need a "portable" amp, to keep next to my PC.
Connection chain would be: Foobar --> ELE DAC --> (need amp<$60) --> HD 580
- The Sennheiser HD580 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW first look at the Zero Audio DuoZA iems... 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Headphone Sightings 2 3 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 3 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (2/17/2015: X2 -partial-,... 3 minutes ago
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H8 by Giogio
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-WS99BT Solid Bass Bluetooth Headphones by Giogio
- › Pangea Audio - USB cable - PCOCC & 4% silver - 1.5 Meter by davide256
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by mscott58
- › FiiO E17 by prez
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2