Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphones handle very fast, complex music better: Sennheiser or Grado? [and NOT just hard... Last post on 7/13/14 at 9:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which sennheiser over ear headphones actually have good bass response? Last post on 7/3/12 at 5:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser-closed Last post on 8/1/12 at 9:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD580 > HD650? Last post on 8/19/11 at 10:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- Want truly high end headphones - look no further than your local WALMART!!! Last post on 10/19/11 at 8:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Sony almost always delivers when it comes to good quality audio products and these headphones are a great example. These headphones fit quit well and have different size plugs depending on what...
This is a review for the Shure SE315's, first a little about myself I don't consider myself a hard core audiophile like most people on this site. I am 38 years old and I am just your everyday...
TL;DR : Don't be lazy, I already made the review super short Let's just keep this short, I got the MMX102IE (same version just with a mic and 1 button remote) for about 40$ cuz of a discount...
I am penning down my opinion about the Hidizs AP100 Digital Audio Player. I will try to keep this review simple as possible and I hope it would be easy to read, and will help fellow enthusiasts to...
The Sennheiser HD580 Impressions Thread - Page 83post #1231 of 145112/24/12 at 12:58pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1232 of 145112/27/12 at 8:24am
Are these HP particularly good or specialize in mainstream R&B, Hip-Hop, or Country. Do they isolate well and are comfortable? And is it pointless to get a HP of this caliber, if just listening to MP3’s on the go?post #1233 of 145112/27/12 at 8:43amQuote:
Yes and no...and yes and yes... unless you have an amp. Are you sure you're in the right thread? These are open phones. they don't isolate well and they need amplification. You ideally would want a low impedance phone to listen out of an iPod or similar portable device without an amp.post #1234 of 145112/27/12 at 9:11am
Thanks for the reply. I'm willing to get an amp, but I must of overlooked the fact that they are open cans (I apologize). Can you recommend any closed cans that excel at the above in the Sennheiser brand?post #1235 of 145112/27/12 at 3:00pmpost #1236 of 145112/27/12 at 3:45pmpost #1237 of 145112/28/12 at 7:22am
I would be coming from a CAL!. And I'm considering those brands too as I've asked similiar questions in they're dedicated enthusiast threads. Just doing my research...I've read a ton and now try to get people's opinions. I'm not in a situation where I can try before I buy so I ask a lot of questions. Thanks for your help!post #1238 of 145112/28/12 at 7:50am
Check out the big Beyerdynamic dt250 thread. That may get you closest to the hd580 sound. Very nice closed phones....can't really go wrong with those, imo. I used to own them but for some reason or other they skipped my mind.post #1239 of 14511/23/13 at 6:10pm
have to bump this thread as a I found a pair of 580s on the local Craigslist for $40. Great price but they needed new earpads, headband pad and cord. I bought new pads and an HD650 cable and am back in business. I've owned 650s, 600s and 580s before and always fall in love with them again. Just a fantastic all rounder! I think they are also excellent for streaming music from services like MOG, Spotify etc as they manage the trick of having good detail without having an overly analytical high end
Edited by Vaughn - 1/23/13 at 6:12pmpost #1240 of 14511/27/13 at 1:10pm
it seems it's HD 580 bargain time, as I was also able to get a pair for $90.
I was really looking for some great deal on HD580/HD600 for months... and I'm so happy I finally got my first Hi-Fi can.
Right now I own HD555, Sony V6, JVC HSA400 and Superlux 668, so all cans quite easy to drive with my Fiio E6..which I think is probably not enough to manage the 300 ohm impedance of the HD 580. So I guess I'd probably need to buy a new amp for them.
As I'm trying to save a bit of $ at the moment, which amp do you suggest in the < $60 range which would help with these Headphones ?
And regarding the mod mentioned all along this thread (replacing HD580 grills with HD600 ones - $12 each), can anybody help in pointing out a place (Europe delivery) where these can be bought ? It seems I can not find them anywhere on the web/ebay at the moment.
Thanks for your help.post #1241 of 14511/27/13 at 1:17pmpost #1242 of 14511/27/13 at 1:18pm
Does anyone know where I can get a replacement driver? I got careless with a screwdriver and busted the right side on mine.
FWIW the last few sets went for $180 on ebay... they're holding steady after all these years. I paid about $200 for mine 6 years ago.post #1243 of 14511/27/13 at 1:20pmpost #1244 of 14511/27/13 at 1:38pmpost #1245 of 14511/27/13 at 2:55pmQuote:
Thanks for suggestion, but I forgot to mention I'd need a "portable" amp, to keep next to my PC.
Connection chain would be: Foobar --> ELE DAC --> (need amp<$60) --> HD 580
- The Sennheiser HD580 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Sennheiser Amperior Impressions Thread 20 seconds ago
- › Southeastern Michigan Spring Meet 03.14.2015 - Hosted by Overture... 29 seconds ago
- › Amp for HD800: Soloist SL or WA7? 51 seconds ago
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 1 minute ago
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 2 minutes ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 2 minutes ago
- › The Hassle-Free Headphone Recommendation Thread: Cans that sound... 2 minutes ago
- › NAD M51 Direct Digital DAC Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 4 minutes ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Sony MDREX10LP/BLK In-Ear Headphones by originalgusbus
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by acain
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by Zero Decibels
- › Hidizs AP100 Portable HiFi Audio Player in Black / Silver White by YoYo JoKeR
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by heovuitinh
- › Koss KDX200 by vaziyetu
- › Brainwavz M5 by vaziyetu
- › beyerynamic DT 150 Compact Closed Headphone (250 Ohms) by jdpark
- › Sony MDR-1R by gerelmx1986
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by JAMEZTHEBOI
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)