Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphones handle very fast, complex music better: Sennheiser or Grado? [and NOT just hard... Last post on 7/13/14 at 9:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which sennheiser over ear headphones actually have good bass response? Last post on 7/3/12 at 5:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser-closed Last post on 8/1/12 at 9:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD580 > HD650? Last post on 8/19/11 at 10:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- Want truly high end headphones - look no further than your local WALMART!!! Last post on 10/19/11 at 8:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I'd say this is a great set of IEMs for its price if you're looking for that consumer v-shaped sound sig. It's not the most balanced sound sig, but for what it is, it sounds pretty good. The mids...
As of September 2014, the HE-400 has been discontinued, and it's successor, the HE-400i is being sold in its place. So why publish, or even read, a review now? First, there are many used...
DAC OCU(B) 1866 — very interesting portable DAC/amp combo from Russian manufacturer Myst. Things I like: — Nice look. As OCUB is made in small quantities, it uses stock case, but case is fully...
Note: I'm not sure why, but for whatever reason the little bars at the side aren't matching what I put them to. Audio Quality, Design, and Value I all consider to be top notch, with comfort having...
This is a review of Bowers & Wilkins B&W C5 Series 2 (new 2014 version) in-ear premium headphones with in-line remote....
The Sennheiser HD580 Impressions Thread - Page 83post #1231 of 142912/24/12 at 12:58pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1232 of 142912/27/12 at 8:24am
Are these HP particularly good or specialize in mainstream R&B, Hip-Hop, or Country. Do they isolate well and are comfortable? And is it pointless to get a HP of this caliber, if just listening to MP3’s on the go?post #1233 of 142912/27/12 at 8:43amQuote:
Yes and no...and yes and yes... unless you have an amp. Are you sure you're in the right thread? These are open phones. they don't isolate well and they need amplification. You ideally would want a low impedance phone to listen out of an iPod or similar portable device without an amp.post #1234 of 142912/27/12 at 9:11am
Thanks for the reply. I'm willing to get an amp, but I must of overlooked the fact that they are open cans (I apologize). Can you recommend any closed cans that excel at the above in the Sennheiser brand?post #1235 of 142912/27/12 at 3:00pmpost #1236 of 142912/27/12 at 3:45pmpost #1237 of 142912/28/12 at 7:22am
I would be coming from a CAL!. And I'm considering those brands too as I've asked similiar questions in they're dedicated enthusiast threads. Just doing my research...I've read a ton and now try to get people's opinions. I'm not in a situation where I can try before I buy so I ask a lot of questions. Thanks for your help!post #1238 of 142912/28/12 at 7:50am
Check out the big Beyerdynamic dt250 thread. That may get you closest to the hd580 sound. Very nice closed phones....can't really go wrong with those, imo. I used to own them but for some reason or other they skipped my mind.post #1239 of 14291/23/13 at 6:10pm
have to bump this thread as a I found a pair of 580s on the local Craigslist for $40. Great price but they needed new earpads, headband pad and cord. I bought new pads and an HD650 cable and am back in business. I've owned 650s, 600s and 580s before and always fall in love with them again. Just a fantastic all rounder! I think they are also excellent for streaming music from services like MOG, Spotify etc as they manage the trick of having good detail without having an overly analytical high end
Edited by Vaughn - 1/23/13 at 6:12pmpost #1240 of 14291/27/13 at 1:10pm
it seems it's HD 580 bargain time, as I was also able to get a pair for $90.
I was really looking for some great deal on HD580/HD600 for months... and I'm so happy I finally got my first Hi-Fi can.
Right now I own HD555, Sony V6, JVC HSA400 and Superlux 668, so all cans quite easy to drive with my Fiio E6..which I think is probably not enough to manage the 300 ohm impedance of the HD 580. So I guess I'd probably need to buy a new amp for them.
As I'm trying to save a bit of $ at the moment, which amp do you suggest in the < $60 range which would help with these Headphones ?
And regarding the mod mentioned all along this thread (replacing HD580 grills with HD600 ones - $12 each), can anybody help in pointing out a place (Europe delivery) where these can be bought ? It seems I can not find them anywhere on the web/ebay at the moment.
Thanks for your help.post #1241 of 14291/27/13 at 1:17pmpost #1242 of 14291/27/13 at 1:18pm
Does anyone know where I can get a replacement driver? I got careless with a screwdriver and busted the right side on mine.
FWIW the last few sets went for $180 on ebay... they're holding steady after all these years. I paid about $200 for mine 6 years ago.post #1243 of 14291/27/13 at 1:20pmpost #1244 of 14291/27/13 at 1:38pmpost #1245 of 14291/27/13 at 2:55pmQuote:
Thanks for suggestion, but I forgot to mention I'd need a "portable" amp, to keep next to my PC.
Connection chain would be: Foobar --> ELE DAC --> (need amp<$60) --> HD 580
- The Sennheiser HD580 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Samson SR580 vs AKG K240 vs K99 vs Sennheiser HD518 10 seconds ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 14 seconds ago
- › FS: Epiphany Acoustics O2 Objective2 Amp *Free Gift* 23 seconds ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 55 seconds ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 1 minute ago
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 1 minute ago
- › The FiiO E10K--all-new DAC and amp stages 2 minutes ago
- › CTC Audio Product Tours - Reviewers Wanted! 2 minutes ago
- › A New Apex product!!! Name it HERE!!! 2 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Midgetguy
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Rajikaru
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)