Look forward to your review of the Sparrow and your HD580s.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphones handle very fast, complex music better: Sennheiser or Grado? [and NOT just hard... Last post on 7/13/14 at 9:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which sennheiser over ear headphones actually have good bass response? Last post on 7/3/12 at 5:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser-closed Last post on 8/1/12 at 9:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD580 > HD650? Last post on 8/19/11 at 10:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- Want truly high end headphones - look no further than your local WALMART!!! Last post on 10/19/11 at 8:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Suprisingly, this cheap in ear jlab sounded good enough for me to come here and get into better sound.
Ah, the WA7 "Fireflies" from Woo Audio. As stunning to behold as it is to hear! This is my first piece of amp/DAC kit that retails for over $1k and well, I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I think...
Many thanks to Venture Electronics for the VE Monk review sample! Product website: http://eng.52ve.cn/product.php?cm_id=205 I haven't been using earbud for quite a long time since my...
INTRODUCTION: The Havit H91DJ is a budget over-ear headphone with a warm signature. Sound quality is very impressive considering the low cost. The value of these headphones is quite high,...
Intro: SoundFoundations, is a company which manufactures accessories like racks, stands, and vibration control & custom cables. It is based in India. SoundFoundations is known in India for...
The Sennheiser HD580 Impressions Thread - Page 74post #1096 of 15306/2/10 at 9:28am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1097 of 15306/3/10 at 2:16pm
My HD-580's just had their 4Th birthday a few weeks ago. I've always depended on them for my classical listening. I thought tho that they were wearing out. They were beginning to sound flat. I was just about to retire them and use my other, newer cans when I noticed that the ear pads felt flat and had lost their resilience. I just couldn't toss them in the drawer and forget them so I decided to buy some placement pads. After all, they are an old friend and deserve better. I just got the replacement pads today and while removing the old pads I noticed the foam driver cover was coated with gunk and hair. I have regularly tried to clean them but obviously that stuff just builds up to the point of blocking pretty much all high frequencies. This is why they were sounding flat and lifeless rather than just having worn out. I would include a picture of the old parts but I'll spare you that icky mess . Well, with the new pads and foam screens in place, my old 580's are sounding great again. So if you think your 580's are clean as a whistle and have had them for a few years without changing the pads, might I suggest that you consider this "tune-up" a inexpensive upgrade for our trusty old Senns. I wouldn't have bothered if I didn't love them either. Just a thought.post #1098 of 15306/4/10 at 3:49ampost #1099 of 15306/4/10 at 5:56ampost #1100 of 15306/4/10 at 9:53am
Quote:Originally Posted by spookygonk
How do you remove the pads? I've had a bit of a poke, but it doesn't seem like they're the same as the 'twist & (un)lock' of my AKG701s.
It's very easy. I collapsed the headband to it's smallest size, giving more room. Just put your fore finger under the inside of the pad and your thumb on the outside and pull outward until you see the pad move away from the ear cup frame. It's just pressed in but it will take some force to get it out. Hold on to the cup with your free hand. It just pulls right off! A word of warning tho, after you remove the foam screen, the driver is unprotected so be carefull. Don't poke around. After you have the old earcup pad and screen off just replace them with the new ones. Just push down on the pads until you hear a click, then you know the new part has seated. Do this around the circumference of the pad. I just firmly pushed and clicked until they were fully seated. Really quite easy. Hope this helps.
Edited by Raptor34 - 6/21/10 at 10:38ampost #1101 of 15306/4/10 at 9:59amQuote:
I got them from Sennheisers online store. Part No. 50635 Took around a week to get them.post #1102 of 15306/4/10 at 6:40pmpost #1103 of 15306/5/10 at 7:24am
I received my HD 580 recently. I am loving the bass. I want to add a dac/amp to it to make the treble more prevalent. This will be a home set-up and I really don't want any portable dac/amp.
I thought about gamma 2 but I wonder if I need to add an amp after gamma 2. + It is kind of expensive.
Do you guys have any suggestion on dac/amp combo around $200?
I am most interested in Maverick Tube Magic right now.
Quick question about the tube magic, is it true that the signal doesn't go through the tube if you use headphone out?post #1104 of 15306/5/10 at 1:08pm
Edited by Nirvana1000 - 6/5/10 at 1:11pmpost #1105 of 15306/16/10 at 4:49pmpost #1106 of 15306/16/10 at 4:51pmpost #1107 of 15306/20/10 at 3:36pm
For those who think this is a needed upgrade from either the stock HD580 cable or the HD650.I found a reasonably priced HD580/600/500 cable upgrade made with Mogami Quad conductor shielded cable,Cardas HPplugs and Vampire 1/4 plug,
for $97 for 6ft and $118 for 10ft including shipping and taxes included.http://rwaudio.com/store#ecwid:category=173872&mode=product&product=423719 Updated!
Edited by Nirvana1000 - 6/24/10 at 10:29pmpost #1108 of 15306/20/10 at 4:00pm
Oh by the way my CKIII sounds really good with my HD580s.Beautifully detailed and extended highs are reproduced.And more then enough power to bring out bass,impact and extension that unamped sources and "low power output portable amps" just can't accomplish.Very dynamic and transient response.Made for the HD580 IMO.post #1109 of 15306/21/10 at 1:58pm
Hi all, I recently just bought a pair of HD580s, new old stock. I called up Sennheiser USA to inquire about the HD600 grills. They quoted me about $12 for one, and $6 shipping, making it to be around $30. Do you guys think its worth the money to change the grills? I personally am fine with the esthetics of the plastic HD580 grills. Thanks in advance!
- The Sennheiser HD580 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › iFi Audio "Pro" desktop line discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › Fidue A73 - Hybrid (1DD + 1BA) IEM - Impressions and discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman Edition X 3 minutes ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 6 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth In Ear Monitors - Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears 7 minutes ago
- › Problems with Unique Melody 8 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 9 minutes ago
- › (03/10 Updated) Introducing the world's first LEAR patented... 10 minutes ago
- › JLab JBuds NEON Metal In-Ear Earbuds with Universal Mic for iPhone... by Zantrill
- › WooAudio WA7 Fireflies by JoeDoe
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by earfonia
- › HAVIT® HV-H91DJ Professional Stereo Studio Dj Series Headphones... by Vividcard
- › SoundFoundations Barracuda PowerMax Elite by YoYo JoKeR
- › Pro-Ject Audio - Hear it One - Audiophile stereo headphone - Black by ForShure
- › DUNU DN-2000J by HiFiChris
- › MEElectronics A151 2nd Generation by HiFiChris
- › Sound Blaster E5 - 24-bit/192kHz High-Resolution USB DAC &... by hakushondaimao
- › Creative T4W 2.1 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker System by BloodyPenguin
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2