Look forward to your review of the Sparrow and your HD580s.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphones handle very fast, complex music better: Sennheiser or Grado? [and NOT just hard... Last post on 7/13/14 at 9:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which sennheiser over ear headphones actually have good bass response? Last post on 7/3/12 at 5:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser-closed Last post on 8/1/12 at 9:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD580 > HD650? Last post on 8/19/11 at 10:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- Want truly high end headphones - look no further than your local WALMART!!! Last post on 10/19/11 at 8:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction Over the past year, Audiofly released their "Performance" range of IEMs, designed by musicians as stage monitors. A while back I had a chance to sample the top of the range AF180 and...
My wife returned from two weeks in Japan today. While I was glad to see her after time apart, and excited to have her back, a part of me was more excited about what she had brought with her: my...
I bought this headphone amp after having met Ray Samuels at a Headphone show. He made it absolutely clear how much he valued over-engineering his pieces and how much he prioritized long term...
I use this Headphone amp with my V-Moda M-100's. The 100's are just too "dark" without something to mitigate on the top octave's behalf. The OLED display is bright clean and easy to read. (A...
Build, Overall Usage: I have Sennheiser RS 130 for over 8 years now (and still lasting!) which says enough about their durability, and which is the most thing fascinating for me, I haven't...
The Sennheiser HD580 Impressions Thread - Page 74post #1096 of 14816/2/10 at 9:28am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1097 of 14816/3/10 at 2:16pm
My HD-580's just had their 4Th birthday a few weeks ago. I've always depended on them for my classical listening. I thought tho that they were wearing out. They were beginning to sound flat. I was just about to retire them and use my other, newer cans when I noticed that the ear pads felt flat and had lost their resilience. I just couldn't toss them in the drawer and forget them so I decided to buy some placement pads. After all, they are an old friend and deserve better. I just got the replacement pads today and while removing the old pads I noticed the foam driver cover was coated with gunk and hair. I have regularly tried to clean them but obviously that stuff just builds up to the point of blocking pretty much all high frequencies. This is why they were sounding flat and lifeless rather than just having worn out. I would include a picture of the old parts but I'll spare you that icky mess . Well, with the new pads and foam screens in place, my old 580's are sounding great again. So if you think your 580's are clean as a whistle and have had them for a few years without changing the pads, might I suggest that you consider this "tune-up" a inexpensive upgrade for our trusty old Senns. I wouldn't have bothered if I didn't love them either. Just a thought.post #1098 of 14816/4/10 at 3:49ampost #1099 of 14816/4/10 at 5:56ampost #1100 of 14816/4/10 at 9:53am
Quote:Originally Posted by spookygonk
How do you remove the pads? I've had a bit of a poke, but it doesn't seem like they're the same as the 'twist & (un)lock' of my AKG701s.
It's very easy. I collapsed the headband to it's smallest size, giving more room. Just put your fore finger under the inside of the pad and your thumb on the outside and pull outward until you see the pad move away from the ear cup frame. It's just pressed in but it will take some force to get it out. Hold on to the cup with your free hand. It just pulls right off! A word of warning tho, after you remove the foam screen, the driver is unprotected so be carefull. Don't poke around. After you have the old earcup pad and screen off just replace them with the new ones. Just push down on the pads until you hear a click, then you know the new part has seated. Do this around the circumference of the pad. I just firmly pushed and clicked until they were fully seated. Really quite easy. Hope this helps.
Edited by Raptor34 - 6/21/10 at 10:38ampost #1101 of 14816/4/10 at 9:59amQuote:
I got them from Sennheisers online store. Part No. 50635 Took around a week to get them.post #1102 of 14816/4/10 at 6:40pmpost #1103 of 14816/5/10 at 7:24am
I received my HD 580 recently. I am loving the bass. I want to add a dac/amp to it to make the treble more prevalent. This will be a home set-up and I really don't want any portable dac/amp.
I thought about gamma 2 but I wonder if I need to add an amp after gamma 2. + It is kind of expensive.
Do you guys have any suggestion on dac/amp combo around $200?
I am most interested in Maverick Tube Magic right now.
Quick question about the tube magic, is it true that the signal doesn't go through the tube if you use headphone out?post #1104 of 14816/5/10 at 1:08pm
Edited by Nirvana1000 - 6/5/10 at 1:11pmpost #1105 of 14816/16/10 at 4:49pmpost #1106 of 14816/16/10 at 4:51pmpost #1107 of 14816/20/10 at 3:36pm
For those who think this is a needed upgrade from either the stock HD580 cable or the HD650.I found a reasonably priced HD580/600/500 cable upgrade made with Mogami Quad conductor shielded cable,Cardas HPplugs and Vampire 1/4 plug,
for $97 for 6ft and $118 for 10ft including shipping and taxes included.http://rwaudio.com/store#ecwid:category=173872&mode=product&product=423719 Updated!
Edited by Nirvana1000 - 6/24/10 at 10:29pmpost #1108 of 14816/20/10 at 4:00pm
Oh by the way my CKIII sounds really good with my HD580s.Beautifully detailed and extended highs are reproduced.And more then enough power to bring out bass,impact and extension that unamped sources and "low power output portable amps" just can't accomplish.Very dynamic and transient response.Made for the HD580 IMO.post #1109 of 14816/21/10 at 1:58pm
Hi all, I recently just bought a pair of HD580s, new old stock. I called up Sennheiser USA to inquire about the HD600 grills. They quoted me about $12 for one, and $6 shipping, making it to be around $30. Do you guys think its worth the money to change the grills? I personally am fine with the esthetics of the plastic HD580 grills. Thanks in advance!
- The Sennheiser HD580 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Creative Aurvana Live, Sennheiser HD 205 or other cheap headphones... 12 seconds ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 4 minutes ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 5 minutes ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 8 minutes ago
- › Help with my first desktop listening rig 10 minutes ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 11 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 12 minutes ago
- › Audiofly AF120 In-Ear Headphones by Woodhouse
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by hakushondaimao
- › Ray Samuels P-51 Mustang by Zennheiser
- › FiiO E17 by Zennheiser
- › Sennheiser RS 130 Wireless Surround Sound Headphones by Tail
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid in-ear monitor with microphone and remote by Hisoundfi
- › Apple iPhone 4S 16GB - AT&T - Black by snellemin
- › OPPO HA-2 by gerelmx1986
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by peareye
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2