Look forward to your review of the Sparrow and your HD580s.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphones handle very fast, complex music better: Sennheiser or Grado? [and NOT just hard... Last post on 7/13/14 at 9:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which sennheiser over ear headphones actually have good bass response? Last post on 7/3/12 at 5:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser-closed Last post on 8/1/12 at 9:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD580 > HD650? Last post on 8/19/11 at 10:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- Want truly high end headphones - look no further than your local WALMART!!! Last post on 10/19/11 at 8:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I began to search for a shorter cable for my HD600 just because the stock cable is to long for using with a portable device. I didn't want to spend to much under $100. I did the standard Amazon and...
Exclusive sound, high quality patents "sandwich diaphragm" metal meets the technical.
I will leave the technical speak and unboxing play-by-play to the reviews that are already here, done by people who do a much better job than I can currently manage. Just know that the iDSD Micro...
Ok, I've had these for a while now and decided to leave some feedback on these. First thing, the sound from these IEM's (earphones) are nothing short of excellent with a few minor dislikes. At...
I purchased a Bakoon HPA-01 off Massdrop for around $1200 (it is normally around $1700 retail) due to the reputation of Bakoon Japan for making stunning amps. The HPA-01 is from Bakoon Korea,...
The Sennheiser HD580 Impressions Thread - Page 74post #1096 of 14666/2/10 at 9:28am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1097 of 14666/3/10 at 2:16pm
My HD-580's just had their 4Th birthday a few weeks ago. I've always depended on them for my classical listening. I thought tho that they were wearing out. They were beginning to sound flat. I was just about to retire them and use my other, newer cans when I noticed that the ear pads felt flat and had lost their resilience. I just couldn't toss them in the drawer and forget them so I decided to buy some placement pads. After all, they are an old friend and deserve better. I just got the replacement pads today and while removing the old pads I noticed the foam driver cover was coated with gunk and hair. I have regularly tried to clean them but obviously that stuff just builds up to the point of blocking pretty much all high frequencies. This is why they were sounding flat and lifeless rather than just having worn out. I would include a picture of the old parts but I'll spare you that icky mess . Well, with the new pads and foam screens in place, my old 580's are sounding great again. So if you think your 580's are clean as a whistle and have had them for a few years without changing the pads, might I suggest that you consider this "tune-up" a inexpensive upgrade for our trusty old Senns. I wouldn't have bothered if I didn't love them either. Just a thought.post #1098 of 14666/4/10 at 3:49ampost #1099 of 14666/4/10 at 5:56ampost #1100 of 14666/4/10 at 9:53am
Quote:Originally Posted by spookygonk
How do you remove the pads? I've had a bit of a poke, but it doesn't seem like they're the same as the 'twist & (un)lock' of my AKG701s.
It's very easy. I collapsed the headband to it's smallest size, giving more room. Just put your fore finger under the inside of the pad and your thumb on the outside and pull outward until you see the pad move away from the ear cup frame. It's just pressed in but it will take some force to get it out. Hold on to the cup with your free hand. It just pulls right off! A word of warning tho, after you remove the foam screen, the driver is unprotected so be carefull. Don't poke around. After you have the old earcup pad and screen off just replace them with the new ones. Just push down on the pads until you hear a click, then you know the new part has seated. Do this around the circumference of the pad. I just firmly pushed and clicked until they were fully seated. Really quite easy. Hope this helps.
Edited by Raptor34 - 6/21/10 at 10:38ampost #1101 of 14666/4/10 at 9:59amQuote:
I got them from Sennheisers online store. Part No. 50635 Took around a week to get them.post #1102 of 14666/4/10 at 6:40pmpost #1103 of 14666/5/10 at 7:24am
I received my HD 580 recently. I am loving the bass. I want to add a dac/amp to it to make the treble more prevalent. This will be a home set-up and I really don't want any portable dac/amp.
I thought about gamma 2 but I wonder if I need to add an amp after gamma 2. + It is kind of expensive.
Do you guys have any suggestion on dac/amp combo around $200?
I am most interested in Maverick Tube Magic right now.
Quick question about the tube magic, is it true that the signal doesn't go through the tube if you use headphone out?post #1104 of 14666/5/10 at 1:08pm
Edited by Nirvana1000 - 6/5/10 at 1:11pmpost #1105 of 14666/16/10 at 4:49pmpost #1106 of 14666/16/10 at 4:51pmpost #1107 of 14666/20/10 at 3:36pm
For those who think this is a needed upgrade from either the stock HD580 cable or the HD650.I found a reasonably priced HD580/600/500 cable upgrade made with Mogami Quad conductor shielded cable,Cardas HPplugs and Vampire 1/4 plug,
for $97 for 6ft and $118 for 10ft including shipping and taxes included.http://rwaudio.com/store#ecwid:category=173872&mode=product&product=423719 Updated!
Edited by Nirvana1000 - 6/24/10 at 10:29pmpost #1108 of 14666/20/10 at 4:00pm
Oh by the way my CKIII sounds really good with my HD580s.Beautifully detailed and extended highs are reproduced.And more then enough power to bring out bass,impact and extension that unamped sources and "low power output portable amps" just can't accomplish.Very dynamic and transient response.Made for the HD580 IMO.post #1109 of 14666/21/10 at 1:58pm
Hi all, I recently just bought a pair of HD580s, new old stock. I called up Sennheiser USA to inquire about the HD600 grills. They quoted me about $12 for one, and $6 shipping, making it to be around $30. Do you guys think its worth the money to change the grills? I personally am fine with the esthetics of the plastic HD580 grills. Thanks in advance!
- The Sennheiser HD580 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Budget USB converter to Lavry DA10 DAC ? 12 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 33 seconds ago
- › Neutrality is boring - is there something more going on, and can... 38 seconds ago
- › Skeptico Saloon: An Objectivist Joint 38 seconds ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 40 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 42 seconds ago
- › LAMPIZATOR THREAD COMMENTS REVIEWS TUNING 59 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x - In-Depth Review & Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Little Dot I+ Tube Rolling 1 minute ago
- › Tennmak Sennheiser HD600/650 Short Cable by bikerboy94
- › Original Xiaomi Piston III Youth Edition Earphone Earbuds Headset... by leoscarax
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by knorris908
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by interpolate
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2