Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphones handle very fast, complex music better: Sennheiser or Grado? [and NOT just hard... Last post on 7/29/12 at 6:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which sennheiser over ear headphones actually have good bass response? Last post on 7/3/12 at 5:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser-closed Last post on 8/1/12 at 9:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD580 > HD650? Last post on 8/19/11 at 10:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- Want truly high end headphones - look no further than your local WALMART!!! Last post on 10/19/11 at 8:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Edited on 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaEdited on 1/6/13
Very nice amp for mid-fiers to entry high-fiers. The sound quality and specs are very good for the price. Works very well with Jazz and Classical music in particular (not that rock and...
My pair was a supposed demo model from one of Hifiman's retailers. They came in mint condition, which is lucky for me. I'm not using a balanced cable yet, but I already feel it's a good upgrade...
The JVC HA M750's were my first "real" pair of headphones. Previously, I had just used iPod headphones and cheap 10 dollar headphones from my local grocery store. As such, I was very impressed by...
Introduction The ASG-2 is Aurisonics' second (official) foray into the world of iems. The guys over at Aurisonics cater primarily to the music professional crowd, and their products are...
The Sennheiser HD580 Appreciation Thread - Page 83post #1231 of 125412/24/12 at 12:58pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1232 of 125412/27/12 at 8:24am
Are these HP particularly good or specialize in mainstream R&B, Hip-Hop, or Country. Do they isolate well and are comfortable? And is it pointless to get a HP of this caliber, if just listening to MP3’s on the go?post #1233 of 125412/27/12 at 8:43amQuote:
Yes and no...and yes and yes... unless you have an amp. Are you sure you're in the right thread? These are open phones. they don't isolate well and they need amplification. You ideally would want a low impedance phone to listen out of an iPod or similar portable device without an amp.post #1234 of 125412/27/12 at 9:11am
Thanks for the reply. I'm willing to get an amp, but I must of overlooked the fact that they are open cans (I apologize). Can you recommend any closed cans that excel at the above in the Sennheiser brand?post #1235 of 125412/27/12 at 3:00pmpost #1236 of 125412/27/12 at 3:45pmpost #1237 of 125412/28/12 at 7:22am
I would be coming from a CAL!. And I'm considering those brands too as I've asked similiar questions in they're dedicated enthusiast threads. Just doing my research...I've read a ton and now try to get people's opinions. I'm not in a situation where I can try before I buy so I ask a lot of questions. Thanks for your help!post #1238 of 125412/28/12 at 7:50am
Check out the big Beyerdynamic dt250 thread. That may get you closest to the hd580 sound. Very nice closed phones....can't really go wrong with those, imo. I used to own them but for some reason or other they skipped my mind.post #1239 of 12541/23/13 at 6:10pm
have to bump this thread as a I found a pair of 580s on the local Craigslist for $40. Great price but they needed new earpads, headband pad and cord. I bought new pads and an HD650 cable and am back in business. I've owned 650s, 600s and 580s before and always fall in love with them again. Just a fantastic all rounder! I think they are also excellent for streaming music from services like MOG, Spotify etc as they manage the trick of having good detail without having an overly analytical high end
Edited by Vaughn - 1/23/13 at 6:12pmpost #1240 of 12541/27/13 at 1:10pm
it seems it's HD 580 bargain time, as I was also able to get a pair for $90.
I was really looking for some great deal on HD580/HD600 for months... and I'm so happy I finally got my first Hi-Fi can.
Right now I own HD555, Sony V6, JVC HSA400 and Superlux 668, so all cans quite easy to drive with my Fiio E6..which I think is probably not enough to manage the 300 ohm impedance of the HD 580. So I guess I'd probably need to buy a new amp for them.
As I'm trying to save a bit of $ at the moment, which amp do you suggest in the < $60 range which would help with these Headphones ?
And regarding the mod mentioned all along this thread (replacing HD580 grills with HD600 ones - $12 each), can anybody help in pointing out a place (Europe delivery) where these can be bought ? It seems I can not find them anywhere on the web/ebay at the moment.
Thanks for your help.post #1241 of 12541/27/13 at 1:17pmpost #1242 of 12541/27/13 at 1:18pm
Does anyone know where I can get a replacement driver? I got careless with a screwdriver and busted the right side on mine.
FWIW the last few sets went for $180 on ebay... they're holding steady after all these years. I paid about $200 for mine 6 years ago.post #1243 of 12541/27/13 at 1:20pmpost #1244 of 12541/27/13 at 1:38pmpost #1245 of 12541/27/13 at 2:55pmQuote:
Thanks for suggestion, but I forgot to mention I'd need a "portable" amp, to keep next to my PC.
Connection chain would be: Foobar --> ELE DAC --> (need amp<$60) --> HD 580
- The Sennheiser HD580 Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › ReplayGain Question 1 minute ago
- › Nooby has some questions 1 minute ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's musings: in the hi-fidelity, first... 1 minute ago
- › Singapore Meet - Interest Check. 3 minutes ago
- › Frequency Response Question 3 minutes ago
- › Review: Philips Fidelio L1 [Updated 5/14] 3 minutes ago
- › HELP NEEDED ! MP4Nation has not Refunded nor Shipped in 6 months. 4 minutes ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 5 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Monster Audio HiFi-ET MA9 - The SLR DAP 6 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd NFB-5 by citadel
- › HE-5LE by JamesHuntington
- › Kozee Sound Solutions Infinity X2 by Insight Reviews
- › JVC HA M750 by tinamou62
- › Aurisonics ASG-2 by eke2k6
- › Sennheiser HD-558 by Tr1ckster
- › Go-Dap DD Socket1 (DD/DA Converter) for iPhone & iPod... by AnakChan
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by Marleybob217
- › AKG K 550 by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by a_recording
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe