Look forward to your review of the Sparrow and your HD580s.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphones handle very fast, complex music better: Sennheiser or Grado? [and NOT just hard... Last post on 7/29/12 at 6:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which sennheiser over ear headphones actually have good bass response? Last post on 7/3/12 at 5:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser-closed Last post on 8/1/12 at 9:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD580 > HD650? Last post on 8/19/11 at 10:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- Want truly high end headphones - look no further than your local WALMART!!! Last post on 10/19/11 at 8:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)Last edited: 9/13/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Note: All of my listening impressions of the Stax SR-202 were done with a Stax SRM-313 amplifier, which was hooked up to an AMB y2 DAC via the RCA input with SKW JIB braided interconnects. For the...
I will bypass the quality of their sound, as pretty much everyone has covered this topic above me... I have to say, I was not impressed with their cable quality, but apart from this, it seems to...
I am going to keep this short. SOURCE: Cowon C2 320 Kbps Mp3 and Flac files. GOOD: - Fits my ear properly. I am sure, whatever i do, they won't fall off. - Isolation, is...
Welcome to another review , today we have the J46BT IEM by JBL I will have a video review linked to this review soon but ...that's the future , this IEM was quite interesting since its...
Nothing is perfect & these earbuds are certainly a compromise. None the less, they are not too bright, not too boomy, not too recessed, & not too expensive. The sound is overall rich & smooth;...
The Sennheiser HD580 Appreciation Thread - Page 74post #1096 of 13546/2/10 at 9:28am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1097 of 13546/3/10 at 2:16pm
My HD-580's just had their 4Th birthday a few weeks ago. I've always depended on them for my classical listening. I thought tho that they were wearing out. They were beginning to sound flat. I was just about to retire them and use my other, newer cans when I noticed that the ear pads felt flat and had lost their resilience. I just couldn't toss them in the drawer and forget them so I decided to buy some placement pads. After all, they are an old friend and deserve better. I just got the replacement pads today and while removing the old pads I noticed the foam driver cover was coated with gunk and hair. I have regularly tried to clean them but obviously that stuff just builds up to the point of blocking pretty much all high frequencies. This is why they were sounding flat and lifeless rather than just having worn out. I would include a picture of the old parts but I'll spare you that icky mess . Well, with the new pads and foam screens in place, my old 580's are sounding great again. So if you think your 580's are clean as a whistle and have had them for a few years without changing the pads, might I suggest that you consider this "tune-up" a inexpensive upgrade for our trusty old Senns. I wouldn't have bothered if I didn't love them either. Just a thought.post #1098 of 13546/4/10 at 3:49ampost #1099 of 13546/4/10 at 5:56ampost #1100 of 13546/4/10 at 9:53am
Quote:Originally Posted by spookygonk
How do you remove the pads? I've had a bit of a poke, but it doesn't seem like they're the same as the 'twist & (un)lock' of my AKG701s.
It's very easy. I collapsed the headband to it's smallest size, giving more room. Just put your fore finger under the inside of the pad and your thumb on the outside and pull outward until you see the pad move away from the ear cup frame. It's just pressed in but it will take some force to get it out. Hold on to the cup with your free hand. It just pulls right off! A word of warning tho, after you remove the foam screen, the driver is unprotected so be carefull. Don't poke around. After you have the old earcup pad and screen off just replace them with the new ones. Just push down on the pads until you hear a click, then you know the new part has seated. Do this around the circumference of the pad. I just firmly pushed and clicked until they were fully seated. Really quite easy. Hope this helps.
Edited by Raptor34 - 6/21/10 at 10:38ampost #1101 of 13546/4/10 at 9:59amQuote:
I got them from Sennheisers online store. Part No. 50635 Took around a week to get them.post #1102 of 13546/4/10 at 6:40pmpost #1103 of 13546/5/10 at 7:24am
I received my HD 580 recently. I am loving the bass. I want to add a dac/amp to it to make the treble more prevalent. This will be a home set-up and I really don't want any portable dac/amp.
I thought about gamma 2 but I wonder if I need to add an amp after gamma 2. + It is kind of expensive.
Do you guys have any suggestion on dac/amp combo around $200?
I am most interested in Maverick Tube Magic right now.
Quick question about the tube magic, is it true that the signal doesn't go through the tube if you use headphone out?post #1104 of 13546/5/10 at 1:08pm
Edited by Nirvana1000 - 6/5/10 at 1:11pmpost #1105 of 13546/16/10 at 4:49pmpost #1106 of 13546/16/10 at 4:51pmpost #1107 of 13546/20/10 at 3:36pm
For those who think this is a needed upgrade from either the stock HD580 cable or the HD650.I found a reasonably priced HD580/600/500 cable upgrade made with Mogami Quad conductor shielded cable,Cardas HPplugs and Vampire 1/4 plug,
for $97 for 6ft and $118 for 10ft including shipping and taxes included.http://rwaudio.com/store#ecwid:category=173872&mode=product&product=423719 Updated!
Edited by Nirvana1000 - 6/24/10 at 10:29pmpost #1108 of 13546/20/10 at 4:00pm
Oh by the way my CKIII sounds really good with my HD580s.Beautifully detailed and extended highs are reproduced.And more then enough power to bring out bass,impact and extension that unamped sources and "low power output portable amps" just can't accomplish.Very dynamic and transient response.Made for the HD580 IMO.post #1109 of 13546/21/10 at 1:58pm
Hi all, I recently just bought a pair of HD580s, new old stock. I called up Sennheiser USA to inquire about the HD600 grills. They quoted me about $12 for one, and $6 shipping, making it to be around $30. Do you guys think its worth the money to change the grills? I personally am fine with the esthetics of the plastic HD580 grills. Thanks in advance!
- The Sennheiser HD580 Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 29 seconds ago
- › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread 53 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 55 seconds ago
- › Fresh outta CES: The Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd Master 1 preamp any good? 3 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Need help in choosing new headset primarly for gaming and listening... 4 minutes ago
- › Project Ember Tube Rolling 5 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 3/12/2014: Monster... 6 minutes ago
- › Stax SR-202 by JustinBieber
- › AKG K 518 LE Limited Edition Folding Headphones - Red by kalpman
- › Sennheiser CX 685 SPORTS In-Ear Canal Headphones - Black by wrathzombie
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by Head-Head
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by G2F
- › ALO Audio The National by pieman3141
- › Ferrari AAV-1LFH009K Cavallino T350 Over-Ear Headphones by ourfpshero
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by H20Fidelity
- › Asus Xonar DGX by SSSN
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude