Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Your 5 newest CDs (or LPs)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Your 5 newest CDs (or LPs) - Page 374

post #5596 of 6449

RSD = record store day = my favourite day of the year (only 2.5 weeks away) ......lol at acronyms I don't recognize.

 

So I guess my copy is 2011. Looks like Vinyl has 2 release dates, 1991 & 2011.

 

Anyway, back to pictures. My last 5 albums bought this past weekend. Been so busy, I still haven't opened a few of them.

 

 

Beck [Sea Change]

Pixies [Doolittle]

Neil Young [Live at Massey Hall 1971]

Sleigh Bells [Reign Of Terror]

Laura Marling [Alas I Cannot Swim]

post #5597 of 6449

Sea Change is one I bought recently as well. Great album.

 

The wife is excited to get The Pixies MoFi releases. She wants Doolittle and Bossanova. We were actually talking about it in the car on the way home tonight. I've passed on them a few time and now that she wants them, I told her she can buy them. :D I have a ton of other LPs to buy.

post #5598 of 6449
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

Sea Change is one I bought recently as well. Great album.

 

The wife is excited to get The Pixies MoFi releases. She wants Doolittle and Bossanova. We were actually talking about it in the car on the way home tonight. I've passed on them a few time and now that she wants them, I told her she can buy them. :D I have a ton of other LPs to buy.

 

 

Took me a while to decide on Doolittle over Surfer Rosa. Might go back for the other when I need a fix.

 

Don't all music lovers have a ton of others to buy? Currently searching for Keith Jarrett's Koln Concert thanks to this thread.

post #5599 of 6449

There are always more to buy so when she wants one I tell her she needs to buy it. ;) Whether I'll enjoy it or not. I'll keep spending my money on my obscure Metal stuff.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee inthe Attic View Post

 

 

Took me a while to decide on Doolittle over Surfer Rosa. Might go back for the other when I need a fix.

 

Don't all music lovers have a ton of others to buy? Currently searching for Keith Jarrett's Koln Concert thanks to this thread.

post #5600 of 6449

A Perfect Circle - Thirteeth Step x2 LP

Ry Cooder - Paris Texas 180g LP

Michael Hedges - Watching My Life Go By LP

Harlod Budd - Lovely Thunder

Godspeed You! Black Emperor - F♯ A♯ ∞ LP

post #5601 of 6449
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrQ View Post

A Perfect Circle - Thirteeth Step x2 LP

Ry Cooder - Paris Texas 180g LP

Michael Hedges - Watching My Life Go By LP

Harlod Budd - Lovely Thunder

Godspeed You! Black Emperor - F♯ A♯ ∞ LP

 

Why did you buy two copies of Thirteenth Step?  That LP has grown on me quite a bit after repeated listening over the years, especially how the group changed with the line up change following A Mer de Noms.  Nice selection of music there though.  

post #5602 of 6449

Ive gone a little vinyl crazy since i got my new Turntable

 

 

Stadium Arcadium - The Red Hot Chili Peppers

Californication - The Red Hot Chili Peppers

Blood Sugar Sex Magik - The Red Hot Chili Peppers

Doolittle - The Pixies

Recovery - Eminem

The Fame - Lady Gaga

The Fame Monster - Lady Gaga

Teenage Dream - Katy Perry

Night is the New Day - Katatonia

Dead End Kings - Katatonia

The Hunter - Mastodon


Edited by SoupRKnowva - 4/4/13 at 12:30pm
post #5603 of 6449

Great selection of stuff there. Maybe minus the Gaga, but I like Katy Perry. ;)

 

Hope you enjoy that 45 of The Hunter as much as I do. It's soooo good.

post #5604 of 6449
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

Great selection of stuff there. Maybe minus the Gaga, but I like Katy Perry. ;)

 

Hope you enjoy that 45 of The Hunter as much as I do. It's soooo good.

 

Haha yeah, quite a bit of variety. And i would totally have One of the Boys as well, but amazon i guess sold out right after i put my order in :/ And i love lady gaga, i like her quite a bit more than Katy Perry myself :P

post #5605 of 6449
Quote:
Originally Posted by daigo View Post

 

Why did you buy two copies of Thirteenth Step?  That LP has grown on me quite a bit after repeated listening over the years, especially how the group changed with the line up change following A Mer de Noms.  Nice selection of music there though.  


It's a double album wink_face.gif

post #5606 of 6449
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva View Post

Ive gone a little vinyl crazy since i got my new Turntable




Stadium Arcadium - The Red Hot Chili Peppers
Californication - The Red Hot Chili Peppers
Blood Sugar Sex Magik - The Red Hot Chili Peppers
Doolittle - The Pixies
Recovery - Eminem
The Fame - Lady Gaga
The Fame Monster - Lady Gaga
Teenage Dream - Katy Perry
Night is the New Day - Katatonia
Dead End Kings - Katatonia
The Hunter - Mastodon

Chili's FTW! That's the Limited Edition of SA, right? The LP is supposed to be amazing. I hate Pop, but the Peppers, The Pixies and Eminem make up for it.
post #5607 of 6449
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanseAmador View Post

Chili's FTW! That's the Limited Edition of SA, right? The LP is supposed to be amazing. I hate Pop, but the Peppers, The Pixies and Eminem make up for it.

Definitely the limited edition of SA, and those are the new reissues of BSSM and Californication with new more dynamic masters. Haha I don't listen to alot of pop, but I love gaga and Katy perry
post #5608 of 6449
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanseAmador View Post

Chili's FTW! That's the Limited Edition of SA, right? The LP is supposed to be amazing. I hate Pop, but the Peppers, The Pixies and Eminem make up for it.

Definitely the limited edition of SA, and those are the new reissues of BSSM and Californication with new more dynamic masters. Haha I don't listen to alot of pop, but I love gaga and Katy perry

I absolutely hate it, even MJ and Madonna. I like Pop Rock BTW.
post #5609 of 6449

Califcornication was remastered (thank god), but BSSM hasn't been and never needs a remaster.

 

The only version that's different so far IIRC is the Japanese 2006 (?) CD which was WAY compressed and garbage.

 

The new BSSM vinyl is the original master repressed, and it sounds amazing.

 

The Chili Pepper triumphs masters wise are probably BSSM (Rick Rubin) and the LP cut of Stadium Arcadium (Steve Hoffman). Mother's Milk ain't half bad either.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva View Post


Definitely the limited edition of SA, and those are the new reissues of BSSM and Californication with new more dynamic masters. Haha I don't listen to alot of pop, but I love gaga and Katy perry
post #5610 of 6449
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva View Post

Ive gone a little vinyl crazy since i got my new Turntable

 

 

Stadium Arcadium - The Red Hot Chili Peppers

Californication - The Red Hot Chili Peppers

Blood Sugar Sex Magik - The Red Hot Chili Peppers

Doolittle - The Pixies

Recovery - Eminem

The Fame - Lady Gaga

The Fame Monster - Lady Gaga

Teenage Dream - Katy Perry

Night is the New Day - Katatonia

Dead End Kings - Katatonia

The Hunter - Mastodon

Not an Eminem fan, but regardless these are some great purchases indeed.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Your 5 newest CDs (or LPs)