Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Your 5 newest CDs (or LPs)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Your 5 newest CDs (or LPs) - Page 370

post #5536 of 6466

To say the least. :)

 

Easily bests my CD. Flea has never sounded better. He did the bass so well. Drums kick like a mule, too.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanseAmador View Post


So that means the LP is great, right?
post #5537 of 6466
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

To say the least. smily_headphones1.gif

Easily bests my CD. Flea has never sounded better. He did the bass so well. Drums kick like a mule, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanseAmador View Post

So that means the LP is great, right?

Which one is your favourite album?
post #5538 of 6466

In what context? RHCP?

 

If so, Blood Sugar Sex Magick

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanseAmador View Post


Which one is your favourite album?
post #5539 of 6466
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

In what context? RHCP?

If so, Blood Sugar Sex Magick
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanseAmador View Post

Which one is your favourite album?

Yeah, RHCP. Blood Sugar is great, that was John's revealing album. I'm With You is Josh's Mother's Milk, great but not full power. I can't wait for his BSSM.
post #5540 of 6466

The Alan Parsons Project - Tales of Mystery and Imagination MFSL CD

Paul McCartney and Wings - Band on the Run DCC CD

Buddy Guy - Damn Right I've Got the Blues 

Buddy Guy - Blues Singer 

Buddy Guy - DJ Play My Blues SACD

 

on order (no guarantee the Amazon seller listed it correctly):

Robert Cray - Strong Persuader MFSL

Pink Floyd - The Wall MFSL

Heart - Dreamboat Annie DCC (Already have this one but I couldn't pass up a new copy for $32)


Edited by Radioking59 - 3/22/13 at 10:54pm
post #5541 of 6466
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKENEDPLAGUE View Post

 

$2.99 each at Goodwill. The records look NM and are in poly-lined sleeves.

 

They probably had about 10 boxsets total but good lord this was all I could afford at the end of the month

Tchaikosvky!!!! DO WANT THOSE!!!

post #5542 of 6466

I've bought a ton of stuff recently--so because I've been neglecting to mention them in groups of five, here goes:

 

Atoms for Peace: Amok

Autechre: Exai

Boris: Akuma no Uta

Boris: Heavy Rocks (Orange)

Boris: Mabuta no Ura (Catune version; already own Essence version)

Boris: New Album (Sargent House version, already own Tearbridge version)

Boris: Smile (Southern Lord version; already own Diwphalanx version)

Boris: The Thing Which Solomon Overlooked (Parts 1-3)

Boris: Vein (both versions)

Boris with Merzbow: Sun Baked Snow Cave

Boris with Michio Kuruhara: Rainbow (Drag City version, already own Pedal version)

Buke and Gase: General Dome

Dave Brubeck: Time Out

Death: The Sound of Perserverence

Explosions in the Sky: All Of a Sudden I Miss Everyone

Grouper: Dragging a Dead Deer Up a Hill

Holograms: S/T

Iceage: You're Nothing

Mass of the Fermenting Dregs: S/T

Miles Davis: Round About Midnight

My Bloody Valentine: m b v

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds: Push the Sky Away

Om: Pilgrimage

Pallbearer: Sorrow and Extinction

Patti Smith: Horses

Scott Walker: Scott 4

Shiina Ringo: Karuki Zamen Kuri no Hana 

 

Yes, being a Boris fan is *expensive,* even if you avoid the vinyl. @.@


Edited by metalsonata - 3/23/13 at 9:52am
post #5543 of 6466

Passed up a copy of Pallbearer on vinyl last night. Wish I hadn't had to put it back.

post #5544 of 6466

I'm catching Boris and Pallbearer live in a couple of months. Looking forward to it *immensely.*

 

Edit: three purchases made yesterday:

 

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

Passed up a copy of Pallbearer on vinyl last night. Wish I hadn't had to put it back.


Edited by metalsonata - 3/24/13 at 8:14am
post #5545 of 6466

I went to my local record store today to buy Janine Jansen's most recent album; naturally they didn't have it. Instead I bought these three.

 

 *

 

I was so surprised to notice they had four albums by DIR EN GREY that I immediately had to grab one. By the way, I noticed that this particular album is available on Bandcamp as a digital download, and it's only three bucks! http://direngrey.bandcamp.com/album/uroboros

 

I've yet to like anything Steven Wilson has made despite owning several Porcupine Tree albums and his previous two solo efforts (I think In Absentia is OK, but that's about it). I'm giving the man one last chance to win me over with this album because everyone seems to be raving about it, but if I don't start liking it after a few fair plays I think I'm done giving money to the guy.

 

 

I also recently finally purchased this album on CD though I already had it in lossless as well. Easily worth its weight in gold. I will certainly treasure this disc.

 

post #5546 of 6466
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ Elite View Post

I went to my local record store today to buy Janine Jansen's most recent album; naturally they didn't have it. Instead I bought these three.

 

 

I was so surprised to notice they had four albums by DIR EN GREY that I immediately had to grab one. By the way, I noticed that this particular album is available on Bandcamp as a digital download, and it's only three bucks! http://direngrey.bandcamp.com/album/uroboros

Talk about a surprise. I had to order my copy. I also have the iTunes Remastered edition. My favorite track is "Reiketsu Nariseba", love that breakdown!!!

 

I wish I can see them perform live. Watching this live performance is just so awesome!! I must say, the audio quality isn't quite up-to-par, but it is a great performance indeed.

post #5547 of 6466

Spinning my copy of Dopesmoker right now but I think some Dir En Grey might be in order afterwards (Dum Spiro Spero)

 

I picked up that same CD for something like...6 bucks a few months ago. Good stuff.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroysall View Post

Talk about a surprise. I had to order my copy. I also have the iTunes Remastered edition. My favorite track is "Reiketsu Nariseba", love that breakdown!!!

 

I wish I can see them perform live. Watching this live performance is just so awesome!! I must say, the audio quality isn't quite up-to-par, but it is a great performance indeed.

post #5548 of 6466

                                            

Brian Eno: Discreet Music

Scott Walker: Scott

Ween: White Pepper

Arab Strap: Philophobia

Robert Wyatt: Rock Bottom

post #5549 of 6466

 

 

 

 

Product Details

Product Details

post #5550 of 6466

"Dum Spiro Spero" is perhaps the album of the year for me at the moment. I listen to it way more than I probably should. LOL. I'm excited to see what their upcoming 'mini-album' will be like. "Rinkaku" was a large change in terms of their sound, so can't wait!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

Spinning my copy of Dopesmoker right now but I think some Dir En Grey might be in order afterwards (Dum Spiro Spero)

 

I picked up that same CD for something like...6 bucks a few months ago. Good stuff.

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Your 5 newest CDs (or LPs)