Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Your 5 newest CDs (or LPs)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Your 5 newest CDs (or LPs) - Page 352

post #5266 of 6308

 

Just a few I've managed to pick up. Got so much more thanks to a sale at Fry's Electronics.

 

Destroysall

post #5267 of 6308

Yeah, I paid $15 brand new. It's really terrible though. I'm hoping to get the new 2012 pressings of a few (including Abbey Road) soon so they're actually listenable...

 

On Topic: (Local record store after buying my new speakers and amp) All vinyl of course.

 

Gojira - L'Enfant Sauvage
Drive - Original Soundtrack (Pink)

Mumford & Sons - Babel

Clutch - Strange Cousins From the West

Bill Evans Trio - Waltz for Debby (Bought it used and didn't include it in my last posts)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dscythe View Post

capitol records tongue.gif It was only $6 though

post #5268 of 6308

Pixies- Doolittle

Anna Nalick- Wreck Of The Day

Florence & The Machine- Lungs

Seether- One Cold Night

Taylor Swift- Red

 

These are the 5 most recent purchases as this thread limits me to 5. Most of my recent CDs are recommendations from my thread I made because I needed new artists to listen to. 

 

Oddly, Taylor Swift is surprisingly satisfying...

post #5269 of 6308

400

 

Few more albums thrown into iTunes. I'm heavily enjoying Rumours, its pure bliss with this album.

 

Destroysall

post #5270 of 6308

Glad to see Doolittle stick with you. ^^ Be sure to check out their other albums, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by planx View Post

Pixies- Doolittle

Anna Nalick- Wreck Of The Day

Florence & The Machine- Lungs

Seether- One Cold Night

Taylor Swift- Red

 

These are the 5 most recent purchases as this thread limits me to 5. Most of my recent CDs are recommendations from my thread I made because I needed new artists to listen to. 

 

Oddly, Taylor Swift is surprisingly satisfying...

post #5271 of 6308
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalsonata View Post

Glad to see Doolittle stick with you. ^^ Be sure to check out their other albums, too!

 

It keeps growing on me. I think I might need to buy more albums from them!

post #5272 of 6308

Just got $75 bucks worth of vinyl for $10. Yay Best Buy rewards money.

 

Norah Jones - Come Away With Me

Nine Inch Nails - The Slip

Nine Inch Nails - The Downward Spiral

Lorn - Nothing Else

 

To anyone interested in vinyl...Check out Best Buy's online store. They have well over 100 thousand LPs to choose from (kind of a pain to just 'browse'). Most at better than other online stores prices. 

post #5273 of 6308
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

Woah. Let me know how your Mellon Collie LP set comes out. Some people are reporting pressing issues so I've been waiting. 

 

 

The 5-CD Mellon Collie set arrived yesterday. I'm not too impressed. The original album tracks sound no better than they ever did; in fact, I'd say they're identical to the discs I got back in 1995.

 

The extra material is interesting at best. It's imcomplete, partial mixes, ideas, fragments, etc. I was kind of hoping that the extra material would be to MC&TIS what Pisces Iscariot was to Siamese Dream - extra bits that didn't make it but were great (and complete) enough to stand alone anyway. This is not that.

 

That said, the packaging is pretty cool. Not worth $118, though, IMO. I haven't tried the DVD yet.

 

I have higher hopes for the vinyl editions and will report back once they arrive.

post #5274 of 6308

All vinyl:

 

Iron Maiden - Powerslave

Iron Maiden - Somewhere in time

Kansas - Point of know Return

AC/DC - Who made Who

 

smily_headphones1.gif

post #5275 of 6308

Todd got me one more time this morning before the extra 5% for Head-fiers ended (today).

 

Beach Boys - That's Why God Made the Radio

Kiss - Destroyer: Ressurected

Jimi Hendrix - Are You Experienced

RHCP - Mother's Milk

Journey - Greatest Hits Vol 1

Pink Floyd - DSOTM

Dead Can Dance - Into the Labyrinth

Carole King - Music

Marvin Gaye - Let's Get It On

Stevie Wonder - Talking Book

 

Lots of MoFi in this last order. Of course, all vinyl. WHY AREN'T MY NEW SPEAKERS HERE YET? Christ.

post #5276 of 6308
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

Todd got me one more time this morning before the extra 5% for Head-fiers ended (today).

 

Beach Boys - That's Why God Made the Radio

Kiss - Destroyer: Ressurected

Jimi Hendrix - Are You Experienced

RHCP - Mother's Milk

Journey - Greatest Hits Vol 1

Pink Floyd - DSOTM

Dead Can Dance - Into the Labyrinth

Carole King - Music

Marvin Gaye - Let's Get It On

Stevie Wonder - Talking Book

 

Lots of MoFi in this last order. Of course, all vinyl. WHY AREN'T MY NEW SPEAKERS HERE YET? Christ.

man, where do you store all of these tongue.gif

post #5277 of 6308

Ikea furnitue. ;)

 

I'm hoping to have one of their giant Expedits completely full by the end of the year.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dscythe View Post

man, where do you store all of these tongue.gif

post #5278 of 6308
OH MY ******* GOD!!! I just got a Nirvana Bleach record from my uncle (LP). The Original Issue, from 1989. Sealed. I can't believe it! It is worth around $500 since there are only 2000 copies!
Edited by JuanseAmador - 1/11/13 at 2:30pm
post #5279 of 6308
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

Ikea furnitue. ;)

 

I'm hoping to have one of their giant Expedits completely full by the end of the year.

 

oh wow those things look sweeeeet. My girlfriends parents gave me a 3 rack record holder, holds 50 per shelf, it scares me that its over 2/3 full already

post #5280 of 6308

Sell it and buy some good records with it.

 

rolleyes.gif

biggrin.gif

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by JuanseAmador View Post

OH MY ******* GOD!!! I just got a Nirvana Bleach record from my uncle (LP). The Original Issue, from 1989. Sealed. I can't breathe! It is worth around $500 since there are only 2000 copies!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Your 5 newest CDs (or LPs)