- 169 Posts. Joined 9/2009
- Location: Orlando, FL
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Liquid midrange headphones. 100-300$ Last post on 10/9/11 at 12:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado modders go Magnum Last post on 11/28/13 at 8:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- grado hole venting Last post on 10/17/11 at 7:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado SR325is vs Alessandro MS2i Last post on 2/29/12 at 6:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Open and Closed Headphones $300-$500 range. Last post on 10/4/11 at 10:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
http://www.head-fi.org/t/685339/new-akg-flagship-k812-first-impression/120#post_10026763 Now I correct the Google translate - I use http://www.dict.cc/ and my (small) knowledge of English I hope...
Sounds great with the modded AKG Q701. Nearly as good with that as my main amp that originally cost $350. Impressive! In fact, the Vali added nothing to the sound of the modded Q701, which is...
*I listened to the Westone 4Rs using iPhone 4S and the latest iPod Classic (6th Generation). The below sums up my listening experience from these sources only.* The Westone 4Rs fit my ears...
I have owned the ECP Audio L-2 for about 2 months now. I also own an Eddie Current Super 7 with NOS tubes, including Tung Sol BGRP driver tube. I have previously owned the Woo WA22, the Luxman...
I'm a noob to high quality audio equipment. I have been using V-Moda M-80's. I bought these because they were onsale for $272, and it would be stupid not to buy them at that price. I just opened...
MS-2 (MS-2i) appreciation thread - Page 32post #466 of 4791/30/13 at 8:14pmThink that's why I sprung for ms-2is, I do enjoy mellow cans but just wanted a little more aggression from what I've tried before. That and I'd rather try as many different flavors of headphones I can for the inevitable day I break down and splurge on some top tier cans. This site truly is a gift and a curse.post #467 of 4791/30/13 at 8:28pmQuote:Originally Posted by beyondthepale35
Think that's why I sprung for ms-2is, I do enjoy mellow cans but just wanted a little more aggression from what I've tried before. That and I'd rather try as many different flavors of headphones I can for the inevitable day I break down and splurge on some top tier cans. This site truly is a gift and a curse.
In that case you have chosen an excellent headphone.
They actually reminded me of my Vandersteen 2Ci speakers, like they were mounted to my ears, their beautiful, enjoy them.
I believe you are definitely getting some top tier headphones, without splurging!
Edited by joseph69 - 1/30/13 at 10:22pmpost #468 of 4792/1/13 at 1:25pm
I've not been a serious headphone listener in the past. I've had a couple headphones over the years: Sennheiser HD420 (from the early 80s) and Grado SR60 from about 12 years ago. I just re-stumbled into Head-Fi a few weeks ago and bought the Panasonic RP-HTF600. They sound pretty good - especially for less than $30! That got me interested and I found my HD420 and SR60 in the attic. The old HD420 had taken too much abuse and had to be thrown out. The SR60 still sounded great - it just needed some new pads. I started comparing it with the HTF600 and they both have their strengths - in my noobie opinion. I like the SR60 better except for some bass on some songs. Then I started reading Head-Fi some more, thinking - maybe I could spend just a bit more and get something even better!
Based mostly on the comments/opinions/descriptions in this thread, I just purchased MS2 last night and I can't wait to try them out. I'll be listening to FLAC music through a Schiit Magni & Modi.
So it looks like I'm already following the Head-Fi crowd: 2 pairs of headphones; a headphone amp; a dac; and I've bookmarked all the conversations about pads so I can see which ones I want to try after the MS2 comes in. Speaking of which, what's the usual lead time from Allesandro?
Thanks for the Thread! And I know you're sorry about my wallet...post #469 of 4792/1/13 at 2:30pm
Good for you!!! Excellent headphones IMO.
About three months ago I purchased the MS2i (I no longer have), and I waited less than one week for them to arrive. It may take more or less time depending on their stock. When I ordered mine, I called Alessandro first to see if they had them in stock, and they did, so it didn't take long at all.
BTW I'm in N.Y and Alessandro is my neighbor being right in P.A., so you might want to take that into consideration also. I received them through the U.S.P.S.
Enjoy them, they are really nice!! The only reason I traded them for the Grado SR325is, is because I loved the attack of the Grado. If I wanted a mellower headphone I would definitely buy the MS2i again.post #470 of 4792/1/13 at 2:33pmpost #471 of 4794/16/13 at 12:22am
listening to my MS2i through my new Dangerous Music Source.
wowsers, never heard em sound this good. well in the groove here as they pair very nicely:
looking forward to my new XLR cables arriving soon too so I can get the Dynaudio DBM50 active monitors in on the party...post #472 of 4794/16/13 at 11:11ampost #473 of 4795/4/13 at 5:29pm
I would really like to try out the Dangerous Music Source but it's too expensive for me at the moment and I think I'll never use all of its features.
Edited by Moustache - 5/5/13 at 4:33ampost #474 of 4795/5/13 at 10:34pmQuote:
could always bundle a Schiit Amp and DAC too, for under $500....post #475 of 4795/5/13 at 10:42pm
wondering if anyone has tried the Symphones Magnum upgrade for the MS2i?
at $400, price is pretty steep and 2/3 the cost of PS500s. wondering if the quality boost would be worth it vs just getting another set of cans:
i know there's a pretty long thread on the subject:
Edited by aphinity - 5/5/13 at 10:48pmpost #476 of 47910/28/13 at 12:52ampost #477 of 47910/30/13 at 7:40pm
The MS2i is one of the best buys in the Grado lineup IMO. I am A/Bing them with the PS500 ATM - The MS2i with taped bowls is very similar to the PS500 in tonality, a little less bass and a flatter soundstage ( not as much space around the instruments and depth to the soundstage, voices sound a bit more natural - very little in it, probably a bit more 3D ) but so close that I am finding it getting harder and harder to justify the PS500s at double the price. $329 and a bit of electrical tape will get you 95% there. But as any audiophile will tell you - that extra 5% always comes at a cost and is worth it, provided the rest of your system matches up.
Actually listening a bit further on the PS500s - the differnce in realisim is pretty apparent and it may be worth 10% rather than 5% so I will readjust my rating to MS2i with taped bowls being 90% of PS500 - Still great value for half the price.
Edited by bookaboo - 10/30/13 at 7:47pmpost #478 of 47910/30/13 at 8:27pm
I'm so curious about these i almost bought them a couple of times when they appeared on ebay. I think part of the curiosity is i've never heard an alloy Grado. I currently own the MS1 and MS-Pro's so i NEED to try a pair, the curiosity is killing mepost #479 of 47910/30/13 at 10:47pmQuote:
You should, you might surprise by it sounds, though, it is not technically better than your Pros, but, definitly the MS2i is a keeper for me
- MS-2 (MS-2i) appreciation thread
- Headphone Impedance
- › Audeze LCD-X 4 seconds ago
- › GAMING & MUSIC : HD650 vs HD600 vs HD598 vs PC360 driven by Onkyo... 15 seconds ago
- › HE-500, LCD2, D5000, DT770, SR80, on a speaker amp (Emotiva mini-X... 1 minute ago
- › ADvice needed .... On full size headphones 1 minute ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 1 minute ago
- › *NEW* B.M.C. PureDAC - Digital to Analog Converter, Balanced... 2 minutes ago
- › Soundcard + Headphones Amplifier for DT-990 Pro - 250 Ohm 2 minutes ago
- › Your 5 newest CDs (or LPs) 3 minutes ago
- › post your grado mods.... 4 minutes ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › FiiO RC-MH1 Headphone Upgrade Cable by SkyBleu
- › Sennheiser CX 175 by thesurvivor90
- › EarSonics SM2 v2 by Gilly87
- › Shure SE535-V Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with... by Wilderbeast
- › Sony MDRXB600 Extra Bass Over the Head 40mm Driver Headphone, Black by Shini44
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless... by joe