Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Coming Soon: HeadAmp AE-1
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Coming Soon: HeadAmp AE-1 - Page 8

post #106 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdipisReks
i should have a review sample arriving in the near future. is there anything anyone wants me to do in particular, review wise?
Take lots of pictures, including pr0n
post #107 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by some1x
Take lots of pictures, including ****
i'll try to arrange some sexy shots.
post #108 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdipisReks
i should have a review sample arriving in the near future. is there anything anyone wants me to do in particular, review wise?
I have a pair of HD600,er4p,and AKG k401.So I will be appreciated if you can test AE-1 matches them or not.Thank you
post #109 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by stranger0429
I have a pair of HD600,er4p,and AKG k401.So I will be appreciated if you can test AE-1 matches them or not.Thank you
Depends on the source, too. Do you use a DAP?
post #110 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdipisReks
i should have a review sample arriving in the near future. is there anything anyone wants me to do in particular, review wise?
A comparison with the Gilmore Lite in terms of sound quality alone would be great seeing that both are simarly priced and transportable.
post #111 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by third_eye
A comparison with the Gilmore Lite in terms of sound quality alone would be great seeing that both are simarly priced and transportable.
i would be more than happy to do a comparison if someone wants to send me a gilmore lite .
post #112 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teerawit
Depends on the source, too. Do you use a DAP?
At home,I use Philips CD472(upgrade) and Sony PCDP D303
my portable rig. is Sony PCDP D335

So I wish AE-1 can be the amp for both
post #113 of 113

Modular Gain Stages are cool!

I think the new AE-1 is a very exciting product. In particular the use of a modular gain stage concept is something I've been studying lately. For those who might be interested, this type of concept has been around for a while and appears in several very high end products. There seems to be some nice advantages to this type of design approach. For the AE-1, if I had to guess, the custom silicon work that's been done is being used get matched pair and noise properties for the discrete transistors that are not available through other off-the-shelf JFET and BJT offerings like the 2SJ109/2SK389 and the LM394. Maybe some performance and circuit details will come out later...

The AE-1 Module:


The John Hardy 990 Module:
more links


The Boulder Amp 993 Module:
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Coming Soon: HeadAmp AE-1