Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Any anime series that you've been enjoying?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Any anime series that you've been enjoying? - Page 429

post #6421 of 6444
It's weird that attack on titans is only 25 episodes long (according to Wikipedia anyway). We're 22 episodes in and there is still so much questions on the titans and the story definitely can be fleshed out into at least a 52 episodes series.

Anyway, my thumbs up for a good series indeed.
post #6422 of 6444

Since they have pretty much caught up to the manga and it looks like its going to deviate so who knows... There will be an OAV but it will have nothing to do with the main story...

post #6423 of 6444
Are OVAs usually included with a season pass on iTunes?
post #6424 of 6444
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnityIsPower View Post

Are OVAs usually included with a season pass on iTunes?
Hmm, I'm not completely sure for iTunes, but I know that about 3/4 of the Blu-Rays I've seen include the OVA. It just depends on how money hungry the publishing company is. Or just what kind of license agreement they could make out with the production company. For example, Sentai filmworks released the High School of the Dead OVA a little while after the actual series (which I'm guessing is due to licensing BS) and tried selling it for $6. $6 for a freaking OVA... When in the meantime they included the OVA for Angel Beats in the Blu-Ray discs at no charge.
post #6425 of 6444
Not completely sure why someone would watch from iTunes. Seems like a waste of money. I'd rather spend my money on new HDDs and random stuff.

As for a random series, AKB0048, Sankarea, C, and the one I just finished, Fanatsisia Doll. It's cute~

Persoanally Madoka Magica is amazing, and the music is stunning.
post #6426 of 6444

No reason to buy things off iTunes especially if it's anime related. I suggest that you should just subscribe for Crunchyroll, Netflix, and etc. Better yet if you actually want to support the industry you could just purchase the BDs assuming you got the budget for it.

 

Needless to say I'm currently watching Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Honey & Clover, Planetes,  Amagami SS, and Kyoukai no Kanata which just aired today. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VXAce View Post

Not completely sure why someone would watch from iTunes. Seems like a waste of money. I'd rather spend my money on new HDDs and random stuff.

As for a random series, AKB0048, Sankarea, C, and the one I just finished, Fanatsisia Doll. It's cute~

Persoanally Madoka Magica is amazing, and the music is stunning.
 
Agreed. Madoka Magica movie should be coming out soon. Looking forward to it.
post #6427 of 6444
Why not? If it's more convenient for someone to buy from iTunes then he should just stick to that. If someone is more comfortable with streamong, then there's CR, Daisuki, hulu, netflix etc.
post #6428 of 6444

Madoka Movie Number 3 is coming out really soon (I'm waiting!) , forgot exactly when. Not following any new series yet, waiting for what pops up. 

 

I don't use iTunes much anymore, except for my iTouch. Anything I do on there is like file transfers. Personally, the quality of what you can find online is either better then what iTunes offers, or is smaller. Depending on what you are after. And since I dislike dubs, I can't say anything. 

 

I won't get into an argument of what is better or worse, I just personally dislike the idea of using iTunes to get anime and related, not even music.

post #6429 of 6444
Quote:
Originally Posted by VXAce View Post
 

Madoka Movie Number 3 is coming out really soon (I'm waiting!) , forgot exactly when. Not following any new series yet, waiting for what pops up. 

 

I don't use iTunes much anymore, except for my iTouch. Anything I do on there is like file transfers. Personally, the quality of what you can find online is either better then what iTunes offers, or is smaller. Depending on what you are after. And since I dislike dubs, I can't say anything. 

 

I won't get into an argument of what is better or worse, I just personally dislike the idea of using iTunes to get anime and related, not even music.

 

Heh, you'll probably be waiting a long time for the movie to get translated unless you live in japan and can go to the theater to watch it...

post #6430 of 6444
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post
 

 

Heh, you'll probably be waiting a long time for the movie to get translated unless you live in japan and can go to the theater to watch it...

 

Yeah, well, not supporting any illegal activity, but the BD Rips are usually posted the day of release. And these days, and of such a popular series, there are already subs in the BD Rips. Just saying. :wink_face:
 

post #6431 of 6444
Quote:
Originally Posted by VXAce View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post
 

 

Heh, you'll probably be waiting a long time for the movie to get translated unless you live in japan and can go to the theater to watch it...

 

Yeah, well, not supporting any illegal activity, but the BD Rips are usually posted the day of release. And these days, and of such a popular series, there are already subs in the BD Rips. Just saying. :wink_face:
 

Usually the BD rips get posted almost immediately, but isn't it just getting released to theaters in a month or two? Unless they're releasing the BD at the same time as the movie (which they usually don't) then you usually have to wait for the BD to get released before any subs come up.

post #6432 of 6444

My apologies, I was referring to the release of the BDs, not the movie. But as with the BDs for the first two Madoka Movies, the third will probably be released with subs too, quality of translations and all that jazz is questionable. But it gets the point across.

post #6433 of 6444

Maid Sama

 

Before that, Lovely complex.

post #6434 of 6444
Quote:
Originally Posted by VXAce View Post
 

My apologies, I was referring to the release of the BDs, not the movie. But as with the BDs for the first two Madoka Movies, the third will probably be released with subs too, quality of translations and all that jazz is questionable. But it gets the point across.

Yup, hopefully... The problem is that if it's done in a traditional release, we'll have to wait a few months after the October 26th official release.

post #6435 of 6444
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post
 

Yup, hopefully... The problem is that if it's done in a traditional release, we'll have to wait a few months after the October 26th official release.

 

Haha, I have no problems waiting, I have almost all the time in the world. It's worth the wait, unless it turns out to be a bad movie.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Any anime series that you've been enjoying?