Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Any anime series that you've been enjoying?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Any anime series that you've been enjoying? - Page 422

post #6316 of 6444
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnityIsPower View Post


Sweet. I'm still getting a feel for the show, not sure. I wonder if it might end with peace between the two species? That little furry friend! Cliché Much?

On oreimo: I'm interested in how the relationship between kyosuke and ruri will turn out. When she asked him out... "U like bento... Ill make u some". She walks into her room all calm then starts rolling on the ground. LMAO!

LMAO!! I honestly think he will end up with Kirino since technically they aren't blood-related.  It is interesting to see what will happen next.  I was sort of surprised when he said yes to her.

post #6317 of 6444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroysall View Post

LMAO!! I honestly think he will end up with Kirino since technically they aren't blood-related.  It is interesting to see what will happen next.  I was sort of surprised when he said yes to her.

How about if he ends up with BOTH! 😳 Na... He might end up getting stabbed at the end. *cuz that has never happen 😏
post #6318 of 6444
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnityIsPower View Post




How about if he ends up with BOTH! 😳 Na... He might end up getting stabbed at the end. *cuz that has never happen 😏


Haha I'd definitely be surprised. tongue_smile.gif I just hope they don't end it on a "harem-like" note.. I feel there is too many anime that end like that.

post #6319 of 6444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroysall View Post


Haha I'd definitely be surprised. tongue_smile.gif I just hope they don't end it on a "harem-like" note.. I feel there is too many anime that end like that.

What? I didn't even notice *facepalm every time it happens.

Any thoughts on Flowers of Evil?
post #6320 of 6444
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnityIsPower View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroysall View Post


Haha I'd definitely be surprised. tongue_smile.gif I just hope they don't end it on a "harem-like" note.. I feel there is too many anime that end like that.

What? I didn't even notice *facepalm every time it happens.

Any thoughts on Flowers of Evil?

Watch it, don't listen to the naysayers. They are just butthurt to not get their dumb bland straight adaptation. Really puts you into the proper mindset IMO with the rotoscope. Again, ignore all the manga fans that's saying it should've just went with the boring way of straight adaptation.
post #6321 of 6444
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnityIsPower View Post

What? I didn't even notice *facepalm every time it happens.

Any thoughts on Flowers of Evil?
Lol I don't always mind it but sometimes I just want someone to hook up. Lol

I haven't seen Flowers of Evil yet. I'll probably get a glimpse of it over the weekend. Did hear some things about it, but I rather see it for myself. I personally sometimes don't mind the loose adaptions as it almost puts the whole anime in it's in own club and gives a different look on things.
Edited by Destroysall - 5/24/13 at 1:55am
post #6322 of 6444
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

Watch it, don't listen to the naysayers. They are just butthurt to not get their dumb bland straight adaptation. Really puts you into the proper mindset IMO with the rotoscope. Again, ignore all the manga fans that's saying it should've just went with the boring way of straight adaptation.

I don't know about any naysayers(as I didn't read anything on it) but what are your impressions so far? I just finished episode 4. That guy ended up with one hell of a good friend... 😳. Maybe she is just hiding her sweet side in that awkward hard shell of madness? Not to say the world isn't mad and its only her. The way the class is shown picking on them is not fantasy, it is sadly grounded in reality for far too many people. But it seems to me we are products of forces beyond our control, maybe completely but most definitely to a large degree. Engraved with genetic pulleys and pressured with environmental pullers. All wile we shine a dim light(consciousness) into a dark room to get a view of the gearing. Maybe we will gain a floodlight in the coming years, and in doing so win over more control. Knowledge is power as they say and science keeps on delivering the goods. The Human Brain Project should light some interesting info.

"Schopenhauer's words, 'Man can indeed do what he wants, but he cannot want what he wants', accompany me in all life situations and console me in my dealings with people, even those that are really painful to me."

Have you read Free Will by Sam Harris, Obedience to Authority by Stanley Milgram, The Lucifer Effect by Philip Zimbardo, or The Blank Slate by Steven Pinker?

P.S. I'm certain I don't know what I'm talking about. Just an FYI.
post #6323 of 6444
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnityIsPower View Post


I don't know about any naysayers(as I didn't read anything on it) but what are your impressions so far? I just finished episode 4. That guy ended up with one hell of a good friend... 😳. Maybe she is just hiding her sweet side in that awkward hard shell of madness? Not to say the world isn't mad and its only her. The way the class is shown picking on them is not fantasy, it is sadly grounded in reality for far too many people. But it seems to me we are products of forces beyond our control, maybe completely but most definitely to a large degree. Engraved with genetic pulleys and pressured with environmental pullers. All wile we shine a dim light(consciousness) into a dark room to get a view of the gearing. Maybe we will gain a floodlight in the coming years, and in doing so win over more control. Knowledge is power as they say and science keeps on delivering the goods. The Human Brain Project should light some interesting info.

"Schopenhauer's words, 'Man can indeed do what he wants, but he cannot want what he wants', accompany me in all life situations and console me in my dealings with people, even those that are really painful to me."

Have you read Free Will by Sam Harris, Obedience to Authority by Stanley Milgram, The Lucifer Effect by Philip Zimbardo, or The Blank Slate by Steven Pinker?

P.S. I'm certain I don't know what I'm talking about. Just an FYI.

Okay then, forget the naysayers.

Huh, that's a thought for Nakamura. Never thought of her being the way you describe. This shows that me (and maybe a lot of other people I suspect) that I (we) am (are) too entrenched in what we can consider "normal".

Oh I can see the reality in that class scene all too well, indeed. That's the way the hive mind works, and to an extend, how Head-fi works too. A super well known poster here bashing on a product? It must be really bad then. But I don't see much of what Saeki did in Head-fi though; someone that is as "high profile" as the initial basher that can buck the trend and basically crumble a negative view. Just an errant thought lol.

Certainly, I am very intrigued by the story, but it just puts me in an uncomfortable state watching it too much lol.
post #6324 of 6444
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

Okay then, forget the naysayers.

Huh, that's a thought for Nakamura. Never thought of her being the way you describe. This shows that me (and maybe a lot of other people I suspect) that I (we) am (are) too entrenched in what we can consider "normal".

Oh I can see the reality in that class scene all too well, indeed. That's the way the hive mind works, and to an extend, how Head-fi works too. A super well known poster here bashing on a product? It must be really bad then. But I don't see much of what Saeki did in Head-fi though; someone that is as "high profile" as the initial basher that can buck the trend and basically crumble a negative view. Just an errant thought lol.

Certainly, I am very intrigued by the story, but it just puts me in an uncomfortable state watching it too much lol.

Lol, yeah.

Really? She(Nakamura) seemed sane at first given her environment-when the teacher called her up, I was rooting for her at the end. But the bathroom and undress scene, aside from others... 😳. I'd say at best she signals behaviors of madness, at worse she is mostly mad. Again tho, sane people in a mad word or what mixture, who's who. Grey areas are surely also in play...

How we can conform to what is considered normal... hmm. People argue how morals are never absolute but a moving target. I'm going to find it hard to believe rape will one day be considered good, but that's just low hanging fruit. I argue with myself quite a bit, I try to argue for and then against any premiss I form. This is no guarantee I'd come out right but hopefully it helps me be more objective. People might think I'm mad as I enjoy doing this out-loud, the irony is bitter sweet, maybe... possibly. I might go off in a tangent(if not already) so I'll stop on that point.

As for Saeki, I was actually contemplating the possibility she might be Nakamuras BFF. Maybe they are messing with Kasuga for enjoyment. What a twist that would be, a bit dark tho(darker?). I should go read the plot summery but I like doing it after the fact(reviews also). It's funny when my conclusions are way off, or maybe it should be sad...

I shall continue my journey into this anime, watch my 6'clock jgray.

-(*_* -) (-*_*)-

P.S. still confused.
post #6325 of 6444
I do agree that morality is a moving target. Just look at what flies what doesn't in Japanese culture and western, for example.

As for your theory on Saeki though, that would be kind of amazing if that's true, but i think that they're not connected like that at all. My speculation is that Saeki will find out about Nakamura an MCkun, and/or Nakamura got something that she can use ti blackmail Saeki with.
post #6326 of 6444
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

I do agree that morality is a moving target. Just look at what flies what doesn't in Japanese culture and western, for example.

As for your theory on Saeki though, that would be kind of amazing if that's true, but i think that they're not connected like that at all. My speculation is that Saeki will find out about Nakamura an MCkun, and/or Nakamura got something that she can use ti blackmail Saeki with.

"People argue how morals are never absolute but a moving target. I'm going to find it hard to believe rape will one day be considered good"
Edit above:
Rape will ever be objectively morally good.

Arguing against your point:
Difference in cultures to me does not indicate morals are a moving target, objectively. Slowly cutting off a child's head for enjoyment is objectively morally bad, whether a psychopath believes the opposite.

In other words:
Objectively moral actions are stationary and consistent given the factors, it is our apprehension of them that's a moving target. The right choice/s are there whether we know it or not, as a culture or as an individual. Why did GITS hit my mind when I said that... Project 2501. Hmm.

I still have a couple more episodes to watch, to the anime cave! *My beadroom using the tiny iPhone screen (T_T)
post #6327 of 6444
Well, my argument was a bid broad and succinct, as I was on my mobile.

But yeah, despite cultural difference, I do agree that there are overlaps that will trigger disgust/anger/etc. towards certain actions. And psychopaths are just that: an anomaly in a certain culture, and this is almost have universal traits in all culture.

I too, need to catch up on to the latest episodes.
post #6328 of 6444
D
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

Well, my argument was a bid broad and succinct, as I was on my mobile.

But yeah, despite cultural difference, I do agree that there are overlaps that will trigger disgust/anger/etc. towards certain actions. And psychopaths are just that: an anomaly in a certain culture, and this is almost have universal traits in all culture.

I too, need to catch up on to the latest episodes.

Did u watch Fate/Zero? Thoughts...
post #6329 of 6444
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnityIsPower View Post


Did u watch Fate/Zero? Thoughts...

Everybody hypes that up. Still haven't watched it.
post #6330 of 6444
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

Everybody hypes that up. Still haven't watched it.

I rather enjoyed it, yes. Episode 16 bro, I find rather impactful. Good character development leading up to it, tiers were shed I must admit.

On the hype, people told me SAO was amazing, I found it to be a ok. Think it should have ended at the first game world. Reminds me of how I felt about season 2 of Darker Then Black. -> I felt like this (T_T)

To be more fair... I did also cry in SAO. Just an FYI.
Edited by UnityIsPower - 5/26/13 at 2:23pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Any anime series that you've been enjoying?