Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Any anime series that you've been enjoying?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Any anime series that you've been enjoying? - Page 406

post #6076 of 6444
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

Face-clawing anger and disappointment at the ending for Symphogear! Should've seen it coming, dammit! Poop. Friendship deus ex machina, one of the worst deus ex machina I can ever encounter. Good thing my nails aren't too sharp, lest my face is ridden with bloody claw marks.

6/10
I had exactly the same response.
post #6077 of 6444

Wondering if anyone had some anime suggestions, haven't been following the scene much.  Just finished watching Guilty Crown, felt the plot and story-telling was kinda crap but really enjoyed the visuals and character design.  Anyone know some series where the the art is somewhat similar?

 

Also can't stop listening to BIOS and Departures from the OST..  beyersmile.png

post #6078 of 6444
Quote:
Originally Posted by xinque View Post

Wondering if anyone had some anime suggestions, haven't been following the scene much.  Just finished watching Guilty Crown, felt the plot and story-telling was kinda crap but really enjoyed the visuals and character design.  Anyone know some series where the the art is somewhat similar?

 

Also can't stop listening to BIOS and Departures from the OST..  beyersmile.png


Well, I don't know about art similarity, but I do suggest that you check out AnoHana if you haven't yet. I know that I've already said how much I loved watching that anime on here a few times, but it's really lovely, and good to look at, too.

 

If you haven't watched Madoka, watch it. It looks frilly at first, but it's not, I assure you.

 

Macross Frontier... I liked it, but I'm not sure how good people really think it is in all actuality. The art style and music are good if nothing else. I kind of feel bad about watching it sometimes because it's pretty cheesy in some parts, but y'know, everyone's a sucker for cheesy romance every once in a while. Plus it's got some really lovable characters, and even the ones I don't like, I have fun hating them anyway, haha.

 

Good luck finding something cool!

post #6079 of 6444

Some other anime that have beautiful animation is Code Geass, Gundam 00 and Senki Zesshou Symphogear, although the last one is also plagued by incoherent storyline, to my dismay.

 

I concur with shortiefish on Madoka, and glad that he/she didn't hype it up more because that's tiring. No offense shortiefish, because that show has been hyped too much that I as a great fan of it find tiring to read people hyping it. :P

 

For what it's worth, Madoka have that SHAFT psycho art style charm pervasive in most of it's recent anime, so maybe you would want to consider watching Bakemonogatari and Nisemonogatari too.

 

But my suggestion is to stick with the first 3 shows I mentioned since you asked for suggestions that looks similar to GC.

post #6080 of 6444

On an only slightly related note, my mini Ika Musume trading figs came in.

 

Gesyo!!

 

My mom is in town this week and next, so I may be catching up on something she hasn't seen yet.  Or we may start something else.  She may like Fate/Zero, but my sis was also campaigning for Madoka.  We'll see.  If we don't watch the latter, I know my friend was pushing me to have a group of us watch it when I have free time.  Now that my workshop is over, and I'm not doing stuff every weeknight, that may be more of a possibility.

post #6081 of 6444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post

On an only slightly related note, my mini Ika Musume trading figs came in.

Gesyo!!

Pics hoshii de-geso.
post #6082 of 6444
Well, my current list of fave series is as follows. -------------------------------------------------------------------- 1) Bleach. 2) Pokemon. 3) FLCL. 4). DRRR!!. 5) Beyblade. 6) Redakai. 7) Lucky Star. 8) OHSHC. 9) Gundam Wing. 10) DBZ. 11) FMA. 12) Cowboy Bebop. 13) Deadman Wonderland. 14) Casshern Sins. 15) GITS. ------------------------------------------------------------------- There's shows that I've considered picking up every now and then too, the main one being Digimon, having not seen that in forever, then there's a few I hadn't seen yet. I dunno what to think of Chobits or Bakugan, to be honest.
post #6083 of 6444
Sorry, my previous post didn't exactly come out right, I was intending for it to look different than it actually does, what I'm trying to say is my current fave anime series are Bleach, Pokemon, FLCL, DRRR!!, Beyblade, Redakai, Lucky Star, OHSHC, Gundam Wing, DBZ, FMA, Cowboy Bebop, Kekkaishi, Deadman Wonderland, Casshern Sins, and GITS, and that I've been considering picking up Digimon every now and then. Wasn't trying to screw anything up.
post #6084 of 6444
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

Some other anime that have beautiful animation is Code Geass, Gundam 00 and Senki Zesshou Symphogear, although the last one is also plagued by incoherent storyline, to my dismay.

 

I concur with shortiefish on Madoka, and glad that he/she didn't hype it up more because that's tiring. No offense shortiefish, because that show has been hyped too much that I as a great fan of it find tiring to read people hyping it. :P

 

For what it's worth, Madoka have that SHAFT psycho art style charm pervasive in most of it's recent anime, so maybe you would want to consider watching Bakemonogatari and Nisemonogatari too.

 

But my suggestion is to stick with the first 3 shows I mentioned since you asked for suggestions that looks similar to GC.

 

Cool!
post #6085 of 6444
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMacDaddy View Post

Naruto and Bleach here, but Whenever I get more HDD I'll start in on Berserk

 

Naruto's one of my fave manga series and Bleach is one of my fave anime series. :)
post #6086 of 6444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post

On an only slightly related note, my mini Ika Musume trading figs came in.

 

Gesyo!!

 

Oh my god ;__; So cute

post #6087 of 6444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post


Pics hoshii de-geso.

 

I'll try to get some sometime in the next few days.  My mom is visiting for a week and staying at my place, so I usually end up forgetting to do stuff.  I also got the Fate/Zero Saber with motorcycle in last week.  Still in the box and haven't opened it yet, because I was tired yesterday and didn't want to risk breaking a piece or something.  I learned that the hard way on a Bakemonogatari fig.  :P

 

So finished the first 6 or so episodes of Anohana.  It's paced really deliberately, and you can kinda tell that they're doling out the melodrama, but it's really well done so far.  The lighter moments are a nice juxtaposition to all the tragedy too.

post #6088 of 6444

So which anime did you decide to watch together?

post #6089 of 6444
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

So which anime did you decide to watch together?

 

We're watching Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day.  We'll probably actually finish it tonight.  Then might watch Taisho Baseball Girls or Spice and Wolf.  The latter might have to be another time though, since we probably won't be able to get through both seasons since we have plans to do stuff later in the week.

post #6090 of 6444

YAY! DogDays 2 started! o2smile.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Any anime series that you've been enjoying?